[2.3] Clonemancer: One For All, All For One (Uber Viable, Millions of DPS)

Greetings poers. I introduce to you my take on the mirror/blink arrow build, the Clonemancer. I was surprised myself at how successful this build is at this point. You can down any boss really fast (including Uber bosses). On top of this, you can run up to 3 curses AND 3 auras at the same time. This is a low life build and you can easily reach 8,300+ ES.

How It Works:
Normally you will be able to only summon 2-4 Arrow minions at a time, on top of that there is a cooldown on the skill. However, I bypass these issues by using trap and cluster traps support gems. This allows me to spam summon Mirror/Blink arrow minions which results in a lot of minions out at the same time doing a lot of damage. I use the sunblast belt (with 2 cheap construction jewels) to have all my traps activate immediately.

Mirror/Blink arrow minions use your bow and quiver. This is the main reason why I use Lioneye's Glare because it has pretty good damage and has the modifier Hits Can't Be Evaded. This way you do not have to worry about the accuracy of your minions. I also use the pierce gem which is really important to this setup. It also allows us to use the drillneck quiver which is a huge damage boost. If you don't own a drillneck quiver, then try to get a quiver that gives you +1 to number of arrows as this will greatly improve your clear-speed.

I combine the base physical damage with a poison support gem, which allows us to scale poison via the mechanics listed below.

For optimal performance we are running 3 auras and 3 curses. If you are not able to run all of them at the same time, that's fine (due to lack of Enlighten gems). You can easily get away without Anger/Wrath, they are just the icing on the cake. If you don't have a Shavronne's then you can go CI and drop some of the curses.

I also chose the Occultist ascendancy for the +1 curse, -20 chaos resistance to enemies, energy shield, and corpse explosion effect (this class synergies VERY well with this build).

Passive Tree (Occultist):
Passive Tree

Video(s):
Clonemancer: Atziri

Twitch Stream:
Catch me on my twitch stream at Twitch

Auras:
Discipline
Anger (for extra damage)
Wrath (for extra damage)

Curses:
Projectile Weakness (enemies take 55% increased damage from projectiles, +50% additional pierce chance)
Vulnerability (enemies take 40% increased physical damage, 33% increased DOT which helps our poison)
Temporal Chains (Cursed enemies are 40% slower, and it also increased the duration of our poison)

Wither Totem:
I used wither totem because it slows enemies down by 36% (which synergies nicely with temporal chains). It also increases chaos damage by 7% (for each stack) which will directly increased the damage of our poison.

Gear:

Jewels:
For the jewels you will need two cheap constructions (they are really cheap, no pun intended). The rest of the jewels will be rare jewels with the following primary stats:

Minions Deal Increased Damage
Increase Maximum Energy Shield
Resistances (if needed)
Attributes (dex/str if needed)

Flasks:
For flasks, I'm still contemplating about which are the best to use. However, this is what I'm using now.

Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Jul 2, 2016, 1:07:58 AM
Last bumped on May 30, 2018, 3:29:13 PM
Looks veery interesting, but is it good for start of new league? will it work without shavs and other expensive uniques? Also could you please add some lvling guide and links without 6l?
Great Build, if its not bad for league start, definitely gonna try it ! :D
passives

this is a life based version of the build with the same amount of points, the only downside to this is that you lose 2 curses and one damage aura (running only projectile weakness or vulnerability and wrath). In this case probably my best bet is to go necromancer then, given the huge boost in damage to minions that provides (and you wouldn't need the +1 curse from the ascendancy).
Not having a 6l is a huge decrease in damage for this build, given that the 3 core gems mirror arrow - cluster traps - and trap do not provide lots of dps, but given the safe playstile of the build you can easily use a tabula for the life version.
Last edited by Scoiattolo on Jun 1, 2016, 2:58:28 PM
Ty for sharing the build. I have two witch free for testing for the incoming tree reset. I would try a life version (only because dont have shav atm) with necro asc, do you think I can make a good amount of dps for try Uber?
"
1Castro1 wrote:
Ty for sharing the build. I have two witch free for testing for the incoming tree reset. I would try a life version (only because dont have shav atm) with necro asc, do you think I can make a good amount of dps for try Uber?

For me, I clear much faster and do more damage via the Occultist ascendancy. Necromancer didn't work too well for me. You will also be much tankier if you go with Occultist in 2.3 because of the energy shield recharge that you can get. This being said, low-life is obviously the optimal way to go (with shavs). Obviously if you don't have shavs then you will need to do a life version of this build. You can try to do Uber with the life version, but keep in mind that you will do less damage and you will be less tanky.

"
Makadro wrote:
Looks veery interesting, but is it good for start of new league? will it work without shavs and other expensive uniques? Also could you please add some lvling guide and links without 6l?

You can definitely start the new league with this build. Obviously the higher the level the more optimal the build is. I see Occultist being very strong with this due to how it synergizes with everything else. When I have time I'll update the guide with possible changes for those that don't have a shavs (or 6-links).
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on May 31, 2016, 7:08:11 AM
"
"
1Castro1 wrote:

For me, I clear much faster and do more damage via the Occultist ascendancy. Necromancer didn't work too well for me. You will also be much tankier if you go with Occultist in 2.3 because of the energy shield recharge that you can get. This being said, low-life is obviously the optimal way to go (with shavs). Obviously if you don't have shavs then you will need to do a life version of this build. You can try to do Uber with the life version, but keep in mind that you will do less damage and you will be less tanky.

"
Makadro wrote:

You can definitely start the new league with this build. Obviously the higher the level the more optimal the build is. I see Occultist being very strong with this due to how it synergizes with everything else. When I have time I'll update the guide with possible changes for those that don't have a shavs (or 6-links).

Hopefully you have time to update it before new league. I'm pretty interested in this build. The armor and helm will be hard to come by in a fresh league though. Maybe linking the most 2 effective curse with blasphemy and only running 1 aura until I can upgrade? Also as Makadro suggested even just a basic leveling strategy would be also quite helpful. But if you don't have time for either thanks for sharing your interesting build regardless! Cheers
Last edited by Glencairn on Jun 1, 2016, 7:42:29 PM
I updated the link to the passive tree that I will use for leveling in my previous post about the life based version, watch out because running all the auras and curses he is running is not so easy without all the lvl4 Enlightens, that are hard to come by before later in the league.

end of normal tree

This is the tree I plan to follow while leveling, I will go as a regular zombie/specters summoner (using skills like flesh offering, convocation and desecrate) at least untill mid cruel, possibly later, given that I don't want to waste time and currency on getting bows that I'll have to throw away to get a lioneye. Note that here I take Death Attunement, that later will be removed.

end of cruel tree

by the end of cruel I plan to grab the scion life nodes then go towards Hasty Reconstruction, to be ready for the switch, it is of the greatest importance to grab that point before you start using traps, you can't do it without that cluster.

After that I'll grab the remaining life, aura, jewels and curse nodes, in this order.
Last edited by Scoiattolo on Jun 1, 2016, 3:28:05 PM
"
Scoiattolo wrote:
I updated the link to the passive tree that I will use for leveling in my previous post about the life based version, watch out because running all the auras and curses he is running is not so easy without all the lvl4 Enlightens, that are hard to come by before later in the league.

end of normal tree

This is the tree I plan to follow while leveling, I will go as a regular zombie/specters summoner (using skills like flesh offering, convocation and desecrate) at least untill mid cruel, possibly later, given that I don't want to waste time and currency on getting bows that I'll have to throw away to get a lioneye. Note that here I take Death Attunement, that later will be removed.

end of cruel tree

by the end of cruel I plan to grab the scion life nodes then go towards Hasty Reconstruction, to be ready for the switch, it is of the greatest importance to grab that point before you start using traps, you can't do it without that cluster.

After that I'll grab the remaining life, aura, jewels and curse nodes, in this order.

Thanks that's really helpful. Should be doable in prophecy. And if I ever get my hands on shavs and heretics veil (/e and enlightens.. ) then I'm sure I'll have the regrets + passives refunds left to transform it into the original build.
Last edited by Glencairn on Jun 2, 2016, 12:04:13 AM
posting again to point out a mistake I made earlier in the life based necromancer build: taking the ascendancy points of Mistress of Sacrifice is a mistake, do not get them unless you plan to use 3 more Cheap Construction jewels (not worth it), because of the increased skill effect duration on those nodes.

My plan for the league remains the same, I will just be swapping out those 2 points for something else, was thinking to use zombies anyway as meatshields even in the late game, so I may pick up Flesh Binder as my 6th node.
Very interesting build, hanter-wich is fun. Thanks for share. )))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info