Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

"
poepoe091 wrote:
Extra tabs offer a MASSIVE advantage over not having extra tabs. Interpret that how you will.

Personally, I wouldn't say it's "pay to win" but I would say that the game is more or less unplayable at all without tabs. That's not quite the same thing, though.

So, P2P, then? Kappa
I don't know but I won the game without buying a single microtransaction, soooooo. Why does this discussion exist again?
"
poepoe091 wrote:
Extra tabs offer a MASSIVE advantage over not having extra tabs. Interpret that how you will.

Personally, I wouldn't say it's "pay to win" but I would say that the game is more or less unplayable at all without tabs. That's not quite the same thing, though.

thats why i say this, just above your last post:-

Trade-2-Win YES

Pay-2-Win NO

Pay-2-Win refers to :-

spending real $ that affects the grind (game boosting)
OR
spending real $ that help to boost damage/movement/invicibility etc.

for POE, why not?, is this:-
-RNG
-Time spent
-certain experiance

As for the TABS? its almost non-existance.
Anyone can create multiple accounts.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
I feel as though the topic is too linear here. It's not a case of pay to win or not pay to win. It's pay to have a slight convenient advantage that saves you time and helps keep the game running.

Yes we have mtx and whales, and sure, they help a lot. But as has been previously mentioned, stash tab sales are the bread and butter that lets GGG feed their families each month.

Also maybe a little off point, but $5 of premium stash upgrades is enough to start trading, and even a kid can scrape that much together as pocket change, I honestly dont get what the issue is. Sure the currency and quad tabs are more expensive but they are just luxuries in the end, non premium tabs which gate your trade potential are the only real kicker here. (And even then a currency tab is just pocket change too.)
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
biggest problem is important MTX stash tab arent regional priced.

It could cost as little a drink in advance countries, but it can be entire different thing on another country.

IMO they should at least do regional pricing on stash tabs. Any of them.
I think people using SSD and having better pcs that have stable 60+ fps are also p2w. Since they have smoother gameplay and less loading time as I waste 30-60 seconds on loading screens each time.

This is definitely ggg fault and should make all players have same pc configurations or game experience on all setups.

Dont get me started on macro users on advanced logitech mouse and keyboard setups. They clearly have an advantage over me and I feel that it is soon my duty to open a thread and discuss it with seemingly no end in sight.

In my country some people have better paying jobs while they do less work, why does the state allow that? Clearly this is unfair advantage over the rest of population and I should complain there too since they are winning more.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Mar 29, 2018, 7:09:54 AM
"
Necromael wrote:
I think people using SSD and having better pcs that have stable 60+ fps are also p2w. Since they have smoother gameplay and less loading time as I waste 30-60 seconds on loading screens each time.

This is definitely ggg fault and should make all players have same pc configurations or game experience on all setups.

Dont get me started on macro users on advanced logitech mouse and keyboard setups. They clearly have an advantage over me and I feel that it is soon my duty to open a thread and discuss it with seemingly no end in sight.

In my country some people have better paying jobs while they do less work, why does the state allow that? Clearly this is unfair advantage over the rest of population and I should complain there too since they are winning more.

Hahha u made my day... :D
"
Darkkrows wrote:

It could cost as little a drink in advance countries, but it can be entire different thing on another country.

While you see that as fair if you really think hard about it It would be very unfair.

WHY? Because no one can choose where they are born. It is what it is.

So the prices should be equal for all as we are all equal.

What you can do however is grow up study hard and leave your innitial condition behind to improve your life.

For example:

I was born in Romania. I lived there until I was 25. I could have never afford a supporter pack in my life there. I could not afford oh some many things.

I decided I hate being poor and having close to 0 opportunities in a country revolving around political corruption.

I moved to the Netherlands and worked very hard to learn the language, customs and eventually got citizenship a few years back.

I can now afford to buy anything I want withing reason and common sense including my supporter packs and the MTX and tabs that come from the points attached to them.

To summarise: GGG is not responsible for your condition be it rich or poor and they should not care about it or price things around it.

Take ownership of your conditions instead of asking for handouts.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Darkkrows wrote:

While you see that as fair if you really think hard about it It would be very unfair.

WHY? Because no one can choose where they are born. It is what it is.

So the prices should be equal for all as we are all equal.

What you can do however is grow up study hard and leave your innitial condition behind to improve your life.

For example:

I was born in Romania. I lived there until I was 25. I could have never afford a supporter pack in my life there. I could not afford oh some many things.

I decided I hate being poor and having close to 0 opportunities in a country revolving around political corruption.

I moved to the Netherlands and worked very hard to learn the language, customs and eventually got citizenship a few years back.

I can now afford to buy anything I want withing reason and common sense including my supporter packs and the MTX and tabs that come from the points attached to them.

To summarise: GGG is not responsible for your condition be it rich or poor and they should not care about it or price things around it.

Take ownership of your conditions instead of asking for handouts.

Even though I agree with you that regional pricing of MTX might be seen as unfair, imo the reasons are totally different. When selling magical pixels, all that matters for companies is more revenue because the production costs are fixed.

If people from a poor country play your game, but the price for the MTX is as high as their monthly income, you'll have people playing your game, but never buying anything. As a profit-driven company it makes a lot of sense to use regional pricing. The problem as I understand it is more of a technical und conceptual one. You'd have to separate the regions somehow while also considering that people can use VPN to different countries. One could try locking the players into specific servers (with shit ping if you cheated ony your choice of region during the registration process) but there are also people who travel and would have a problem with such a regional lockdown. If you don't use a regional lock or allow people to change their region, however, you'll probably see an effect like for Blizzard game keys which you can buy much cheaper in russian regions and then change your region to EU / NA.
"
Th3c0r3ok wrote:
Even though I agree with you that regional pricing of MTX might be seen as unfair, imo the reasons are totally different. When selling magical pixels, all that matters for companies is more revenue because the production costs are fixed.

If people from a poor country play your game, but the price for the MTX is as high as their monthly income, you'll have people playing your game, but never buying anything. As a profit-driven company it makes a lot of sense to use regional pricing. The problem as I understand it is more of a technical und conceptual one. You'd have to separate the regions somehow while also considering that people can use VPN to different countries. One could try locking the players into specific servers (with shit ping if you cheated ony your choice of region during the registration process) but there are also people who travel and would have a problem with such a regional lockdown. If you don't use a regional lock or allow people to change their region, however, you'll probably see an effect like for Blizzard game keys which you can buy much cheaper in russian regions and then change your region to EU / NA.
+1

He seems to think 80% of the game developer's decision to region price are wrong path.
Even EA/blizzard & many others games are online + more multiplayer than this game, we still get regional pricing from them & we arent limited to which server we join.

Poe essential MTX(various stash tabs) is generally very expensive when compared to many other AAA games that offer just as good content at cheaper price.(thanks to regional pricing). We also have to pay extra on the currency conversion spread.

thread like these wont exist if those regional pricing is a thing in POE.
Last edited by Darkkrows on Mar 29, 2018, 11:25:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info