Why Poe is becoming PAY TO WIN GAME - free discusion

PoE is P2W in form of stash tabs and I'm happy to pay to keep winning ;)
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
"
XigTek wrote:
PoE is P2W.

Before I bought supporter packs, I was a scrub!

Now that I've bought my supporter packs and received my bonus RNG, I'm still a scrub!

Wait. That doesn't feel like winning...

"
XigTek wrote:
"
ewhennz wrote:
I am sure all the defenders of poe not p2w have shitloads of stash tabs and probably issues with comprehension. There are beautiful explanations why poe is p2w but seems their IQ is low enough to understand.
A better solution would be to limit ingame purchases to cosmetics? Leave out the obviously advantageous stash tab purchases, make stash tabs acquirable by ingame deeds not your monetary background.
I had to purchase tabs to be able to play normally and even with 6 extra tabs game feels so much easier. Cant imagine what if i had dozens of extra tabs. Would be able to sell everything and wouldnt have to worry about space

Your post is not an example of 'beautiful explanations', and neither are any of the ones in this thread - or others like it. You ignore every point as to why it's not pay to win, and merely convenience. I suppose, however, comprehension issues are something you struggle with as well.

ewhennz seems was talking about you XigTek but your IQ is high enough to read and write and to realize about yourself: "I was a scrub!" "I'm still a scrub!". Can you tell us about your future? :).
"
ewhennz wrote:
There are beautiful explanations why poe is p2w but seems their IQ is low enough to understand.

Aw common, really?!
Lets see how your IQ drops with this simple question.
Since you're saying that POE stash tab is P2W.

How many hundreds of stash tabs will it take for a player win this game?

And this thread doesn't need super IQ levels to understand the bullshit.
Simple comparison. IQ required not more than 95.

D3 costs $19.99, D3 Reaper of Souls costs $19.99 - total of $39.98
6 Stash tab costs 180 coins ($18.00), 110 on sale ($11.00),
6 Premium Stash tab costs 200 coins ($20.00), 165 on sale ($16.50).

$39.98 equals 13 stash tabs, 21 stash tabs on sale.
$39.98 equals 11 premium tabs, 14 premium tabs on sale.

I may have lost IQ points here because, D3 a game inferior to POE, with ONE fucking expansion!

How long have you played?
How many expansions have GGG delivered?
How much POE content have you consumed?
Now tell me again, how many stash tabs will it take for a player to win this game?

And you are whining because p2w stash tabs?! Bullshit!
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Oct 16, 2016, 12:07:49 PM
When people write "Poe is p2w, stashtabs are an unfair advantage yadda yadda, to keep the fairness GGG should give everyone a free premium tab!"

All i read is "Give me free stuff, because i cant be arsed to support this game."

"p2w"? maybe not.

"pay for advantage"? it's called stash tabs. for as long as they have been around, they have provided an advantage that the non-buyer-of-stash-tabs lacks.

deny at your own peril.
There is a huge difference between being able to pay for a convenience (with tangible advantages) and paying to win. You can't directly buy items, you can't directly buy currency... I wonder how many F2P online RPG games the guys complaining about P2W have played in the past, because I don't recall a single one that didn't have microtransactions granting more advantage that PoE... Stash tabs are NOT required, and are NOT a paywall... You can absolutely play the game without spending a dime, if so you want, and even though you might progress slower than someone with lots of tabs, there is no actual paywall (no point in the game where you can't progress through without spending tons of money).

Also, another important point, is that spending in PoE has diminishing returns, so there is not that to be gained from spending $1000 dollars over someone who spent a little buying some premium tabs.

A finishing touch: buying stash tabs will not instantly win you the game. You will still have to grind the items, sell them, buy the items, grind more, sell more. It will be more convenient than without the stash tabs, but it doesn't mean you will not have to work for it.

"
xSTGx wrote:

"pay for advantage"? it's called stash tabs. for as long as they have been around, they have provided an advantage that the non-buyer-of-stash-tabs lacks.

deny at your own peril.

No denying. There is an advantage, that's why it is an MTX, a micro transaction, you need to pay real money for it. Only an idiot would pay for something he does not see any advantage in it, same as any other MTXs.

There are two types of MTXs, cosmetics and QoL. Cosmetics we have lots of it, self-explanatory. QoL or quality of life or micros to help your gaming experience a little bit better, this is where stash tabs are classified. There are many of these, many of which we don't have here in POE..

--
Auto Level MTX - pay and you'll be level xxx.
--
Experience MTX - pay and you'll have 2x experience gains for a day, pay more then 3x, much more then 10x.
--
Skill MTX - pay and you can reset your skill tree 1 time anytime, more then 2x, buy our Lifetime Reset Program and you can reset your skill tree anytime you want for how many times you like.
--
UltraLoot MTX - pay and your loot level will increase 2x, more then 3x, still more then 10x for a day.
--
Dungeon MTX - pay and you'll be able to experience Dragon Dungeon 1, more you'll get Dragon 2, so much more then you'll get not only Dragon 1 and 2 but also 3 with UltraLoot as a bonus.
--
OneShot MTX - pay and you'll get a flask with 20 charges that makes you one-shot mobs for 1 minute, pay more and it expires after 5 minutes, but wait, if you buy our BossOneShot MTX, you'll one shot bosses instead.
--
GodMode MTX - pay and you'll get an aura gem that reserves no mana and will make you Indestructible for a day, pay more then 2 days, pay our limited offer HCGodMode MTX and you'll not die in HC for a week.
--

I could go on and I won't deny that these MTXs can help some players out there, but look hard on those MTXs and bitch at stash tabs.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
Last edited by element274 on Oct 17, 2016, 1:50:17 AM
People who aren't willing to spend few bucks for stash tabs complaining about game being p2w, while insulting people who enabled them to play for free. If I were to guess, I'd go with few of them having 1k+ hours played, without a cent spent.
I always wonder if people ever played any of the korean MMO's.

But well, I guess explaining anything won't help. Nothing ever changes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
So much qq´in, instead of just enjoy this nice and free of charge to play game.

spoiled kids all around !
"
So much qq´in, instead of just enjoy this nice and free of charge to play game.

spoiled kids all around !

BUT MUH TRADIN STUSH TEBZ!!11 HAO CAN I NOW RAEC TO THE TOP?! GGG GREEDY WORSTEST COMPANI!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 17, 2016, 4:40:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info