So many low driver scams

"
Demonoz wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:
Someone did it, and someone else notices and complains on the forum, true PoE whiteknights tell them to stfu and dirty scum way is how PoE is meant to be played, and people copy and proceed to do the same thing.

Welcome to PoE.

To be fair.. it isnt much different from real life if you think about it.. People do whatever they can to get ahead. Even if it means stepping on someone else. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Money. So its really no surprise that this mentality carries over even into video games.

You are either a part of it or you are trying to avoid being a victim of it.. One way or the other you still have to be faced with this reality. Its the ones who are naive or don't know any better that keep the cycle going really.. If everyone was more aware of whats going on and were able to defend themselves against it then it wouldn't be happening like it is.

I dont know what kind of scumbags you know but in business world a quick way to go out of business is stepping on someone else. Small world and word travel fast. My family owns a pool and landscaping company and is successful because we do what we say at price we say on time.

Anyway ez way to avoid this. AH. low driving impossible because it get bought and only loser is scammer
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 28, 2016, 8:52:43 AM
PoE whiteknights will never allow any trading improvements to occur in PoE that might result in unwanted population increase to the game.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Know your prices don't just look at poe.trade low price because everything I look at these days has someone listing low and not answering hoping you're dumb enough to list at same price as their BS price.

Well, nothing new here really.

Nothing new but way more prevalent. Like almost every item because price alerts poe.trade has set up. Everyone is setting up their 20-30 item macro price alerts on low drivers they already have.

Watch out noobs is all I'm saying.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 28, 2016, 9:06:18 AM
Oh please. If we are going to talk about trade issues in POE talking about avoiding obvious stupidity is the least of the issues.
As long as personnal developpement is tied to trading it will goes like that.

AH sucks because it isn't suited to HnS. You don't want to do this kind of stats in a game where you are supposed to kill things for thrills. But in the other hands, people are entitled to try and get the best out of trading to get a better character. Sad thing is that most people, here included, have no education and then do not control themselves and so behave like pigs during the process.

I almost don't trade, knowing my prices, buying the minimum and selling the strict minimum(basically spares valuables T1-T3 uniques and great not used yellows when I have strictly better counterparts in stds) I evaluated that I loose at least 5-10c/hour when playing at good clearspeed, if I wanted flipping I would easily quadruple that especially in leagues where there are oportunities everywhere to increase wealth drastically and intuitively. (It's a flow of the game, draining the pleasure of some players that are just here to play for the profit of others that do not interact with the game the way it is supposed to :) )
Last edited by galuf on May 28, 2016, 9:46:07 AM
Normal people don't stay logged in to PoE 24/7. And now that the league is finished, probably barely at all.

An item's value is up for individual interpretation anyway. No matter how much auction house lovers want to normalize item values, it's not going to happen. Having renegade price listings is good for the game economy. It keeps things dynamic and organic. Chris wants it to be that way, so y'all might as well embrace it. :)
I'm going to be real honest here. I never enjoyed trading in this game or any other game for that matter, so if I find an item that I dont need myself and I want the currency instead, I am just going to sell it as fast as possible. The way I do this is look up poe.trade for the item that I have, look at the price and sell mine for the same as the lowest price or even undercut it to sell even faster. This only works for unique items though. For rare items I used to just give them a random price but lately i've just put them in the tab without a price to save time and if someone really wants the item they will offer something for them. I am aware that if someone offers 5c for an item, it might be worth 10c or more, but I wont bother to find out, Ill just sell it and he happy for the 5c, better than nothing.

My point is. I dont want to waste time on trading, even though I know I could get more currency out of it, I just dont enjoy it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on May 28, 2016, 12:22:19 PM
Trading is cancer of this game. Its even worse than lab! Sad thing is, everything new developed is connected with trading. Players that kill monster are poor. Players that even dont play the game, hang out in their hideouts, spam global, scam and flip are filthy rich. U cant get ur gear by looting, u can get it only via trading, real arpg. AH is only solution, its been said million times. I know my prices, still selling unedrprice. Cause, as i said, trading is cancer.
"
Pewzor wrote:
"
Jayserix wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Know your prices [...]

Care to explain ?

He meant that you should always know the value of your items in the ever changing economy.
So just check poe trade for the leagues you play on a few times a day everyday and take notes on the price average every time you check poe, and maybe keep a google doc on everything you have and update it regularly then you can keep yourself safe all the time.

You seriously do this? Damn that's a lot of work for a videogame man
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I'm going to be real honest here. I never enjoyed trading in this game or any other game for that matter, so if I find an item that I dont need myself and I want the currency instead, I am just going to sell it as fast as possible. The way I do this is look up poe.trade for the item that I have, look at the price and sell mine for the same as the lowest price or even undercut it to sell even faster. This only works for unique items though. For rare items I used to just give them a random price but lately i've just put them in the tab without a price to save time and if someone really wants the item they will offer something for them. I am aware that if someone offers 5c for an item, it might be worth 10c or more, but I wont bother to find out, Ill just sell it and he happy for the 5c, better than nothing.

My point is. I dont want to waste time on trading, even though I know I could get more currency out of it, I just dont enjoy it.
Same with me. I've purchased very few things but I do sell a lot and don't really give a shit if someone is able to make a little bit more off the item by flipping it. I'd rather have 5c than wait a few days to squeeze 10c out of it.

Off topic-ish. Had a helm listed for 3ex for 4 weeks in Talisman league, guy buys the helm and proceeds to tell me he's going to flip it for double profit. I wished him luck and he blocked me, no idea why he did. I'm never rude to people that buy my stuff. Did I scam him? Did he scam me? How long does it take to flip an item? Rhetorical questions really, I was happy with 3ex and I hope he was able to make a profit off of the item too.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info