6 linking much more difficult that it should be

I understand that a 6link needs to be hard to get in a way but it's seriously like impossible for me I guess. I've been playing this game and I have only 1 or 2 characters that do have 6 links and I notice the game breaking difference between a 5 and 6 link. I've made plenty of characters that I ended up just scrapping because a 5 link simply wasn't good enough to balance out the damage and defense needed to be viable at all.

6 link armor of your choice needs to be in the game somewhere and I get there are div cards but still tough to get. Never once seen any incentive to go past Mines level 2 in merc so maybe the reward for killing merc Malichai should be changed to a one time White ilvl 80 6l armor of your choice(Yes, ANY armor type). so that your character can actually progress correctly?

Seriously EVERY character needs a 6 link but it's like the game just doesn't even let you have it and for what? the sake of the market or something? it's far too important to have a 6 link to be keeping them away from players like this with RNG or caring how it will effect the market.

Honestly I don't feel my suggestion is all that bad it would only be normal quaility so basically u only get to roll it as a rare and hope for a lucky roll. All the RNG can still be the same for good unique armors u want to 6l.
Last edited by Blunthex on May 26, 2016, 5:21:07 AM
Last bumped on May 29, 2016, 1:01:46 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
6L'ing is not needed to access anything end of story.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I know it's not need to "Access" any content or anything like that, It is needed for your character to actually be able to complete said content. Or for you to feel like you made your time well spent making a character because you were able to maximize his damage without being blocked by RNG.

And I'm only suggesting Normal quality, still plenty of RNG rolling it hundreds of times not getting anything worth wearing also.
Last edited by Blunthex on May 26, 2016, 5:12:37 AM
PoE elite pros will tell you 6L is so worthless, 5L is all you need you only lose 50% of your dps anyways.

So there.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Totally agree with OP.

You can do anything with a 5L, but it's not fun running around in 5L. 6L is for the fun and satisfaction. I hate it when someone says "That unique or that 6L item is a luxury, you don't need it", then what is the point of having 6L in the game then?

This league, I've got 6L Windripper, 6L Shav, 6L Carcass, 6L Coil, 6L Plegde with other 6L rare chests. I still think the 6L chance is stupidly low.
Ive played the game for 4 years and have spent thousands upon thousands of fusings and have never ever 6 linked a god damned thing

Pass the salt
"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
Wondering if those "5L is all you need" guys and girls use 5L or 6L in their end game setups.

On topic: I think 6L is right on the spot now - not too hard and not too easy to get.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
G0rr wrote:
Wondering if those "5L is all you need" guys and girls use 5L or 6L in their end game setups.

On topic: I think 6L is right on the spot now - not too hard and not too easy to get.

5L is all you need boys and girls always run a 6L, they are not stupid you know.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
I have only been playing since last December and managed to fluke the 6 link with a few fusings last week. My partner, who nagged me to start playing, has had no luck doing so in the past 2 years. Now if only I could 6s and 6l a few more chest pieces ;)

Oh, one of my toons has a 5l, a couple have 4l and are doing ok so far.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
Last edited by xjjanie on May 26, 2016, 6:37:39 AM
"
G0rr wrote:

Nobody would settle for a 5L if they can get a 6L, but that does not detract from the statement in any way. I'm sure you would agree that you can have a functional build without a 5L that can do any of the content that is supposed to be accessible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info