Overwatch

I'm having a blast with this game, holy shit it's just so good. Mei #1 waifu tbh.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
this game is fluid and polished like every blizzard game, however like every blizzard game, there is always something very annoying.

in wow its garrisons, lack of content, horrible pvp
in d3 its rifts, lack of content, 3 support 1 dps meta
in starcraft its be korean or go home
in hearthstone its netdeck the first 15 ranks, then for the next 10 make a random decks every 5 games

in overwatch... basically almost every thing 1 shots you... and the snipers i think already have bots, they pull some crazy skills not even seen in other fps games... they do a full 360 while jumping and 1 shots you in mid air.... seriously man?

annoying! is all i can say
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:45:02 PM
"
bl00dengel wrote:
this game is fluid and polished like every blizzard game, however like every blizzard game, there is always something very annoying.

in wow its garrisons, lack of content, horrible pvp
in d3 its rifts, lack of content, 3 support 1 dps meta
in starcraft its be korean or go home
in hearthstone its netdeck the first 15 ranks, then for the next 10 make a random decks every 5 games

in overwatch... basically almost every thing 1 shots you... and the snipers i think already have bots, they pull some crazy skills not even seen in other fps games... they do a full 360 while jumping and 1 shots you in mid air.... seriously man?

annoying! is all i can say

Good snipers will absolutely rek your shit if your positioning is bad. That's how it works.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I was kind of looking forward to Overwatch, but blizzards greed has thoroughly turned me off. Buy to play game with most content in a cash shop, no campaign, and the ability to straight up buy currency, nty.

Feels like an obvious cash grab to recoup some of the development cost of project titan.

Plus the FPS genre is sooo played out.

Oh and the disney/pixar art style just isn't my jam.
People of the gutters, steel your bellies, for the slaughter is at hand!

Last edited by XSyntheticX on May 27, 2016, 1:11:01 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:52:03 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
XSyntheticX wrote:
I was kind of looking forward to Overwatch, but blizzards greed has thoroughly turned me off. Buy to play game with most content in a cash shop, no campaign, and the ability to straight up buy currency, nty.

Feels like an obvious cash grab to recoup some of the development cost of project titan.

Plus the FPS genre is sooo played out.

Oh and the disney/pixar art style just isn't my jam.

They only have cosmetic stuff in the cash shop. Would you describe PoE as having most of its content in the cash shop?

I think all of the people STILL playing TF2 probably really appreciate this entry to the genre. I feel like a lot of the people complaining wanted this to play like a CS:GO rip-off or something.

You get currency in the boxes which lets you bypass natural progression, and poe is a ftp game, so a cosmetic cash shop is acceptable, I dunno, I'm just old school I guess, when I outright buy a game, I expect everything to be earnable in the game, without an option to just pay more money and unlock it all.

"
XSyntheticX wrote:
no campaign

$60. Full price game. No campaign. Few modes. Few maps. Few characters. No in-game non cosmetic customization. Micro transactions in a Pay to Play. (E: not the biggest deal since its not p2w MTX)
Only thing it has going for it is its polish. Feels like battlefront all over again.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Last edited by Einkil on May 27, 2016, 2:26:20 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:52:28 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
XSyntheticX wrote:

You get currency in the boxes which lets you bypass natural progression, and poe is a ftp game, so a cosmetic cash shop is acceptable, I dunno, I'm just old school I guess, when I outright buy a game, I expect everything to be earnable in the game, without an option to just pay more money and unlock it all.

You can unlock everything in game just by playing, but you don't want anyone to leapfrog your cosmetic 'progression' by paying more? You can't gain any gameplay advantage at all from the Overwatch shop, PoE has more pay to win features than that.

For an offline single player game I would expect to get all content out of the box, but for an online game with server requirements I don't mind an MTX shop at all.

Look, I respect your opinion, but you are not going to change my mind, I understand why you feel like you need to defend blizzard, but in my mind, always and forever, no matter what you say or do, this game is nothing but a cash grab for people ignorant enough to buy into it. This is just sadly the new norm for the industry, as far as server costs etc, the cost of the initial purchase takes care of that and then some. I dont blame anyone but myself for thinking the way I do, I grew up during a different time, and thus have different expectations from a buy to play game. This kind of practice, of buying a game, and then having a cash shop with RNG loot used to be unacceptable, but sometime in the past few years it became alright to do this, it used to be considered a cheap cash grab and a way of milking your fans, not anymore, it's almost expected.

Also, the problem with being able to just buy everything you can normally earn, means it devalues the accomplishment for everyone, for example in poe, I see someone with MTX armor, I know they bought it (given there are some specific exclusions, such as league reward sets etc), but in games where you have both, everyone just assumes you bought it, there is no prestige of knowing you earned it, and even if you did, the random people you play with just assume you bought it, which devalues the sense of achievement entirely.

But none the less, if you have fun with it, play it, if you don't, don't.

There are many, many valid arguments of both sides of the fence, I can't change your mind, you can't change my mind, let's agree to disagree so to speak and just move on.

Last edited by XSyntheticX on May 27, 2016, 2:44:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info