And so it begins . . .

"
Einkil wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
Einkil wrote:

It's because of it's orbit or something like that. I'm at work so I can't really research it right now.

I haven't actually looked at that for a few years (?) so I could be wrong. Now I gotta glewgle it. ><

Let me know if I'm the dumbass and I'm wrong.

Your a dumbass and your wrong.

Spoiler
this message might or might not be relevant to the actual information presented in this thread.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Dethklok wrote:
Is there any reason books denying climate change should be taught in public schools except to point out how wrong the authors were?

Actually, that would be the right approach given how recent is the whole thing. Problem is that you require high education to understand the subtleties. I cannot talk about the physics (I'm not physicist nor meteorologist), but I've read some papers and articles about the subject from deniers and they often get the basic statistics wrong. They are sophists at this point.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Boem wrote:

Your a dumbass and your wrong.

Spoiler
this message might or might not be relevant to the actual information presented in this thread.

Peace,

-Boem-

The conjunction of you are is you're/
Since Bmbi is no longer here.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Why can't we both be dumb-asses and wrong?

Your no fun!

Spoiler
getcha spoilers

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Why can't we both be dumb-asses and wrong?

Your no fun!

Spoiler
getcha spoilers

Peace,

-Boem-

Fun is for casuls, I'm 2 harcore!11
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
"
DalaiLama wrote:
Because banning books is always a good idea eh?

http://portlandtribune.com/sl/307848-185832-portland-school-board-bans-climate-change-denying-materials

I wonder how long until "they" start asking Google to ban/suppress links to information they disagree with.

Science by consensus! We will tolerate no dissent! Is your mind for the purge!

No one expects the Academic Inquisition.

I'm like... whatever. A school removing what is essentially harmful misinformation from it's teaching material isn't something I'd get overly excited over.

I mean, if I were to think that pissing my pants while out in the cold is a good idea because it gets warm for a bit then I'd be free to believe that, but I probably shouldn't expect the papers I write to advocate the strategy to be adopted by any self-respecting institute of education.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
^the problem with that is that deniers will cry persecution (nevermind they have been more active at silencing people anyway). It's better to cope with the bullshit, really.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
The lemmings will always lem... Of course, that was another myth, too, perpetuated for money.
=0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on May 23, 2016, 1:39:46 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
The lemmings will always lem... Of course, that was another myth, too, perpetuated for money.
=0[.]o=

You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
school (literature) is a battlefield. epecially in europe big industry is going at great lengths to be able to implant their views/preferences into kid's teaching material.

examples being the faulty economic theories we have or microsoft operating systems. but there are more.

and i think everybody knows why climate change is denied a threat: because those deniers don't care what comes after their death. if the future of the earth would concern them after they died, they would surely care.

denying climate change now and, in case it's proven that it was caused by humans, just stating: "it's too late to change now anyway", we have to deal with it is the easy way out.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info