PvP damage reductions or lack of

so rupi, back to my question... :-)
Spoiler
but think, you need to reinstall first to trade me :3
Spoiler
tommie would surly vouch for me :3
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - I suck at this game.
Spoiler
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 25, 2016, 2:50:31 PM
Spoiler
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ - I suck at this game.
They should balance skills in PvE so we will profit from it too. First of all pvp damage should by divided by 4 or so compared to normal damage (for all skills according to my first sentence).
But not only damage output but also other effects (life/ES regen, curses etc. ..)
It should be easy to do and might help.
I think game should be slowed down a bit, especially in pvp (movement skills like wb are so OP, projectiles etc).
It would be a good start.
Last edited by Rakiii on May 25, 2016, 4:57:50 PM
"
Rakiii wrote:
They should balance skills in PvE so we will profit from it too. First of all pvp damage should by divided by 4 or so compared to normal damage (for all skills according to my first sentence).
But not only damage output but also other effects (life/ES regen, curses etc. ..)
It should be easy to do and might help.
I think game should be slowed down a bit, especially in pvp (movement skills like wb are so OP, projectiles etc).
It would be a good start.

fixing anything that bypasses T factor in pvp damage calculation(mjölner, coc)
gem re-programming: EA, Ice Shot, KB, LA (aoe overlap shotgun, secondary damage fixes)
inquisitor fix - 60% chance to ignore resistances on crit(this is just a suggestion)
whirling blades fix(10% less IAS)
spark fix - less proj speed or duration
buff cyclone back to 1.2 values

seriously, these would be enough.

by the way, i started to see your name in pvp forums, you seem very enthusiastic about it. what is your build about?
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 25, 2016, 5:46:02 PM
You can't just divide values by 4, it's not that simple.

Es values already > Hp values, though health flasks are a factor so that's mute.

RT damage is already anywhere from 2x-4x weaker on average to crit damage. So if you divided this by 4, RT which is already ass cheeks in most cases is now not able to kill shit and has even less of a chance to survive long enough to deal enough damage then it already does versus a crit spec.

Regen divided by 4 would make degens that don't out right, kill you instantly (i.e crit backed degens or the current non pvp co-efficient Earthquake fotm lamer builds)

This can go on for a while but basically you just can't assume dividing damage,life,speed...anything across the board by 4 is going to remedy anything.

You balance the blatantly obvious stuff that is over-tuned. You know the stuff everyone is playing...because it's blatantly obvious. You lower the damage ceiling while also reducing ways for people to troll with lamer tank builds. Frost bomb was implemented well and that solves quite a bit of troll tank nonsense. What's left is not rewarding points to draw'd matches in PvP, that'd remove them from the queue for the most part. So this leaves the real PvP'rs who are spending their time getting 1 shot by crit builds or other hilariously stupid combinations that shouldn't of ever been in PvP. Like, Inquisitor or dead eye + point blank + barrage, ya lets do more damage everywhere + 600% multiplier ...because fuck you for thinking PvP was going places in this game. There's too many and they're not stopping, as the game power creeps and adds more items/content we get further and further from even semi retarded levels of balance and closer to hopeless unplayable dog shit.

All that can be done is to properly toss pvp reductions at every skill as they are released and let us just play or quit the game. Or remove all reductions and make this as stupid as it can possibly be...but right now we're right in the middle. They poorly attempted to balance PvP based on crap PvM'r feed back during the PvP events and just said fuck it. It's like only half way wiping your ass and being ok with it.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on May 25, 2016, 7:14:54 PM
You´re right but I was talking about fixing OP stuff in pve first so that would solve smth in pvp too.

I should stay I´ve played lld mostly so I can´t judge hld (RT works in lld well etc)

I had played diablo2 PvP with rules but these were being created during years (by its comunity, devs didn´t care, pvp penalty existed though).

We had only a few pvp builds in diablo2 but here ... the complexity of the game is insane .. yeah it´s pain to balance it.
Some skills are always better than others (due to its mechanic, special effects etc) so atleast those should be balanced well.

I don´t expect they would balance every skill or possible combination, don´t expect much.
So reducing damage output and some OP shit would be a good start.

Rupenus - As I stated before, I have tried LLD mostly, some rangers, cycloner, trapper, hybrids (trap+bow), witch ... (just started a bit of pvp during perandus HC season)
It has great potential (many interesting builds around) but without any balance, there´s no real competition.

That´s my point of view.
"
Rakiii wrote:

We had only a few pvp builds in diablo2 but here ... the complexity of the game is insane .. yeah it´s pain to balance it.

We understand that, but we've gone out of our way to make multiple threads stating the most glaring issues and some of the best ways to balance/un-break those skills. It's just neglect on GGG's part, nothing more.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
I'm still waiting for my one click one kill skill, I mean we got pretty close with spark but i;m sur there is a way to just enter the arena/1vs1 click and kill your opponent. GGG got all my trust to make that dream come true ^^
So, you basically saying Ice Storm needs more AoE. Currently it require to move closer to opp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info