Good builds to start a League on?

So, I've generally avoided the various Temporary Leagues, and as such it's... been quite a while since I've had to level a character without the aid of Uniques.

So I'm looking for builds, or just types of builds, that are both fun to play as you level, and that function well as self-found.
Last bumped on May 21, 2016, 8:28:52 AM
Anything that gets base damage from skill gem does well self found, that means builds like Caustic or Explosive Arrow and most casters, except for summoners of course, those kinda suck for levelling and have some uniques you may want to use.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"Fun to play" can be very very different form player to player. So i going to ignore it further, since i dunno what's fun to u.

As a 1st char for perandus league i did this one. Functioned really good as a sf build. Can do with full rare gear easily. Infernal mantle gives big boost, but also can not be called, as a requirement, since it is 1c uniq with a good roll. I found one myself at start, but bought one with better roll later. Can also be chanced. Build did really well, only thing, that stopped me, was core malacai, after 3rd heart goes down.

If this is fun, is for u to decide. As for the rest, it's very good.
i find srs very easy to level with and strong spells like spark + orb of storms
I wonder the same thing, still I experienced in 2week Event which I started with a phys build it was kind of a pain to lvl, mainly because it is depandant on weapons damage. From this experience you should advoid doing a phys build that base its damage by the weapon. So Caster is the best option to start a league in my opinion (until you gather many items to lvl easier a new char). I'm not saying don't do phys build to start if you want to start with, do it but it's harder and slower.
Did Tornado Shot Phys Bow in Two-Week, played solo or duo and at my own pace. Thought leveling was not too bad, gear of course fairly easy with Cadibro driving down prices. I didn't expect Elreon 8 to happen early so I did it with a Lioneye's Glare.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
starter as in 'first 3 days of a league' plus 'almost self found'?

totems (shoxkwave), traps (ice trap as it is just better than other choices), current-fotm-spell with +1 / +2 to gems items, ele siege balista (if you manage to get the iron commander)

pretty much anything that is NOT melee
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:31:35 PM
The topicstarter wants to play self found, crafting a harbinger can be quite a pain, i wouldnt recommend it for self found. I would recommend anytjhing that can use a staff to great extend, because you can aquire a 5 link staff in tropical island map easily.

Srs or a spell that benefits from +2 lvls a lot would be a good choice
"
uffert wrote:
i find srs very easy to level with and strong spells like spark + orb of storms

yeah for sure. Honestly u can level as anything thats decent in endgame now days but theres vastly different degrees of struggle.

Im going ele spec throw for the next league with a templar. Im going to level with spells though, endgame build wont have the elemental/spell damage thats in the templars start zone but Ill grab that right away when starting to level. Ill just use a combo of things, fire trap, flame totem, orb of storms and then some kind of elemental spam spell be it spark, freeze pulse, arc, firestorm etc. So the tactic is to throw out the totem and trap to provide damage over time that stacks on top of you having something to repeatedly cast at the mobs.

Dual sceptres or wands, get clarity running as soon as u can get it, get both herald of ice and thunder going soon as u get em. Added lightning + added cold damage gems both get added to your totem and spam spell as soon as u get those gems. Thats pretty much it tbh, if you start as shadow, witch or templar then grabbing all the % damage right in your start zone will carry you and you can even ditch it later if its not right for the final endgame setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info