An Interview with our Animation Department

Maybe these were the wrong people to ask, but i'm confused why the perandus pack animation wasn't mentioned here. Maybe under unexpected challenges? It is clearly the biggest animation problem in recent times...perhaps even the history on the game
Bex, these features are amazing and I'd love to see more of them!
Ruby light of Songbird dreaming,
Daring King of Swords deceiving,
Queen of Sirens left in grieving,
Star of Wraeclast evermore.
"
Ed: Creepy things. I’m trying to add a bit of creep into every animation I do.

Do the Creep!

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Love to see their perspective of things. Great interview!
Thanks for doing these!
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Interesting read (as a programmer, i can relate the joy when we accomplish a task).
Keep up the good work.
Can it get more creepy then the stygian revenants :o

(But seriously guys, i found this thing... is it worth much?)
It has room for improvement.
Saved
I think this is a good place to say this: My wife gifted me the aspirant supporter pack when they came out. And the little gargoyle just blew us away. Not only does it look very cute and "realistic" (he really looks like a stone gargoyle), but we also think that it is the most beautifully animated pet you can get your hands on currently. Even the bigger gargoyles (although they may have been animated by the same animator (Ed?)) do not look as perfect when they are in motion than the little one.

I´m mostly talking about the run animation. When you run in a straight line and you see this little buddy running by your side it really looks like he has to "work" to keep up with you. At the same time every step looks just perfect. You can really see how a wave goes through his body when he runs, starting at his head, going over his front shoulders, his back and ending in a cute wiggling tail after every step. It´s absolutely perfect and in my opinion a true masterpiece of animation and modeling / texturing.

I´m glad I got this supporter pack and having this exclusive pet which, in my opinion, is the best one I could ever get so far :-)

Gratulations to the modelers and animators and keep up the good work!
where is the question about when and how will fix the lagging how will fix those graphics?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info