Changes to the Two-Week Competitive Perandus Events - Place your votes!

Do something different add Cutthorat on day 15 or 16 that would be so fun.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
zuzukioa wrote:

no its more like "lets see if everyone arrives at work if cars are banned"

And with work you mean what? What's the finish line?
If you would win by reaching ssf lvl 94 or something that would make sense.
Except for 25 of each ascendancy that compete,there is no goal for the rest of us. Just random prizes.
How do we compete with each other,other than in forums or reddit?

with work i mean full potential, i have just tried to work with ur metaphor which was bs to begin with tbh.
SSF is the only way i would participate in this because otherwise people can team up and spoonfeed someone to the top... its just bullshit to have something competitve be like a social media who gets the most likes contest...
in most races u cant trade either so why is this a must have for a 2 week race for you? ppl with no job are already in advantage over us hard working middle class white business men (huehue just trying to work with stereotypes here) and making ur build work selffound is a lot harder than trade being enable thats true, but its also the only way every player has same chances to begin with.
when trade is active ofc u have resourcemanagement which can work in ur favour on top of your lucky or not lucky rng so it smoothens the experience but meh, that doesnt require a new event but could just be injected into the league at some point so its rather boring to me...
Never in a rush - always in a mess.
Last edited by zuzukioa on May 3, 2016, 9:46:26 AM
"
Etherflead wrote:
If you want SSF dont party or trade, no one is forcing you too do either.

So many people say they want SSF then when they get it they quite before lv 70 because it sucks.

The problem is precisely that no one is forcing it. If you want a fair competition to prove who is the best monster killer, you can't do that with trade enabled. Trade brings in a completely different set of skills. So without enforcement, the SF competition is pointless. As others point out, we can drop hardcore, right?, because you just delete your char if you die, and you know that everyone who says they are playing hardcore without enforcement has followed this rule, no matter how stupid the lag was when they died.

The one time (I know of) that GGG actually ran an SSF league seemed to prove that it can be very popular and sustain for a long time. It was extremely active right up to the end.

Last edited by Souleus on May 3, 2016, 9:59:13 AM
Lol

With all the complaining in this thread I get the impression that Beyond is the Boaty McBoatface of POE. :-)

I'm all for SSF.
- here's my sig
Last edited by AcrylicHercules on May 3, 2016, 10:00:38 AM
SSF!
"
zuzukioa wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
zuzukioa wrote:

no its more like "lets see if everyone arrives at work if cars are banned"

And with work you mean what? What's the finish line?
If you would win by reaching ssf lvl 94 or something that would make sense.
Except for 25 of each ascendancy that compete,there is no goal for the rest of us. Just random prizes.
How do we compete with each other,other than in forums or reddit?

with work i mean full potential, i have just tried to work with ur metaphor which was bs to begin with tbh.
SSF is the only way i would participate in this because otherwise people can team up and spoonfeed someone to the top... its just bullshit to have something competitve be like a social media who gets the most likes contest...
in most races u cant trade either so why is this a must have for a 2 week race for you? ppl with no job are already in advantage over us hard working middle class white business men (huehue just trying to work with stereotypes here) and making ur build work selffound is a lot harder than trade being enable thats true, but its also the only way every player has same chances to begin with.
when trade is active ofc u have resourcemanagement which can work in ur favour on top of your lucky or not lucky rng so it smoothens the experience but meh, that doesnt require a new event but could just be injected into the league at some point so its rather boring to me...

I think i made it clear that i'm not talking about the top 25 but for the rest like me who just play for the fun of it.
You think that as a working guy you will have a chance to compete full time players to the top because there will be no trade?
In a 2 week race with cadiro?
I don't have anything to prove by finishing in 875 place to the people below me,that's our difference. I won't win something so people can see and i can brag.
2 weeks is too little time for ssf without iiq/iir.
It will come down to cadiro rng how is that skills?
It's not like you need to find the 1-2 builds that can work ssf,everything can be played ssf. Well almost.
The problem here is time. And streamers will always be ahead.
If it were a 3 month league with iiq rng would be far less important. That would be fun.
Edit: And ssf is a no go for me because it excludes all other mods.
We have to choose between flashback or a nice perma mod and ssf.
Nothing fun about that in 2 week race for me.
I prefer things trying to kill me.
Last edited by PsOfOs on May 3, 2016, 10:37:02 AM
Why so many people voting for shitty Beyond? :O
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

What is wrong with you people? Beyond... really?

This smells like a trolling raid or something.

SSF FTW.
"
Alabamak wrote:
Why so many people voting for shitty Beyond? :O

cuz always funny to see ppls raging about beyond Kappa
No SSF shit please - I'd rather not see 90% of builds being spells or other meta shit and/or farm Dried Lake for few days, before getting any decent weapon to map.

If you like it - coo, go for it. But don't force it on others.

Thanks!
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on May 3, 2016, 10:47:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info