Changes to the Two-Week Competitive Perandus Events - Place your votes!

"
Nozumi wrote:
GGG you shouldn't have given in to the self-entitled crybabys part of the community, you should keep all of your resources alocated into making 2.3 as best as you can, this is stupid.

You don't seem to have much experience with game lifespans. I said this on the State of Exile Youtube vid, but basically, one of the biggest mistakes bigger companies make nowadays, is cutting corners due some 'larger' ideology.

They forget their roots, and how much the small things matter. They invest so much into one release every X months, and if it doesn't do well, they're suddenly completely at a loss.

EVERYTHING COUNTS. And most importantly: creating content for the sake of content is the biggest mistake a development team can make. The second you take yourself out of the player's shoes, you go from making a game to making a time-sink.

This thread is good news regarding that, though. I'm sincerely glad they have made this last-minute effort.

I'm not a developer (hope to be one someday), and my opinion is likely as good as any other arm-chair developer (much as my ego tells me otherwise), so as a reminder, this is all merely my opinion...

"
otinanai2 wrote:
Wow, 36% of players want a SSF league. That is insane! This poll proves that we need a permanent SSF league/mode/ladder and more SSF events (1-2 week, 1 month etc.). GGG please stop ignoring 36% of your player base.

Not really. It proves that people are interested in playing SSF in a shorter-term league. While undoubtedly it's an indicator that some people are interested in a permanent SSF league, you need to factor in those players who are interested in it just for a short-duration league as something to do while Perandus itself is dying.

"
stonespeak wrote:
"
The first option is to disable parties in the events, making them essentially solo self-found leagues. This would definitely raise the difficulty of the events as players are unable to rely on trade to improve their items.[/b]

LOL essentially how 80-90% of the population plays the game : D

This statement is only true insofar as the fact that (paraphrasing Chris from memory here), only 10% of the playerbase reaches maps.

As such, whenever there's a reference to the population of PoE, particularly from the devs, I can't take anything they say without about five pounds of salt, because they're including literally everyone that's ever logged into the game during the given time period of reference. Including those that quit by normal Brutus.

Which honestly, is statistically misleading.

As far as I'm concerned, any statements regarding playerbase should refer to "active players," which for all intents should mean all mappers, the dedicated players who pay attention to the news and state of the game.

In that context, your statement is hilariously false. I would estimate roughly 60-75% of the mapping population, and thus the majority of the people voting here, trade.

"
thennos wrote:
Are you really going to change things depending on votes? I get that ascendancy classes further trivialized the game, probably too much, then people overall expressed a lack of challenge (more so than in the past?), but I don't think the whole "lets add something nostalgic" thing is going to make it feel fresh and difficult.

With that being said, I voted for talismans because that's what I liked to play, but why does my opinion matter? I trust the game to throw challenges at me without my feedback (outside beta/testing and all that). We just want to die or almost die more often. Surprise us, that'd just add to the fun. I think.

Anyways, my opinion is that my opinion shouldn't matter that deeply, so how much can all the stuff that I just wrote REALLY be worth anything?

I think you confused this thread with /r/showerthoughts ;)
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
I voted Beyond , I think it's fun and challenging .
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Serleth wrote:

"
stonespeak wrote:
"
The first option is to disable parties in the events, making them essentially solo self-found leagues. This would definitely raise the difficulty of the events as players are unable to rely on trade to improve their items.[/b]

LOL essentially how 80-90% of the population plays the game : D

This statement is only true insofar as the fact that (paraphrasing Chris from memory here), only 10% of the playerbase reaches maps.
As such, whenever there's a reference to the population of PoE, particularly from the devs, I can't take anything they say without about five pounds of salt, because they're including literally everyone that's ever logged into the game during the given time period of reference. Including those that quit by normal Brutus.
Which honestly, is statistically misleading.
As far as I'm concerned, any statements regarding playerbase should refer to "active players," which for all intents should mean all mappers, the dedicated players who pay attention to the news and state of the game.
In that context, your statement is hilariously false. I would estimate roughly 60-75% of the mapping population, and thus the majority of the people voting here, trade.

State of Exile Community Podcast - Featuring Chris Wilson

Your statement coupled with the above video proves what's wrong with most playerbases.

The assumption that endgame is the only game in town, whether it be Maps, Dungeons, what have you. I admit that my 80-90% includes non-active players. But the endgame (smaller) playerbase tends to assume they are the only group that matters with such statements.

There is a lot of casual players who (I'd assume based on many a such videos) do not care much for "end game" and when a game does not offer much ingame features for trade and you need to utilize extrenal websites and tools to trade... yes many of the gaming populating do not trade!
SSF since ~OB
I can only imagine the lag-fest that would ensue with a party of CoC/Dischargers approaching a Parandus pack & spawning a Beyond mob. Add an ice trapper just for LOLs.
Can't believe people would want a league of FULL beyond....

I voted talisman as those amulets are rare nowadays and will migrate into the perandus hardcore league to use on your characters!

IDK what people are thinking beyond doesn't offer anything interesting.
"
neonarr wrote:
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
Why are you guys asking for SSF? You can SSF 100% all you want in any league, any time, anywhere. Why force no parties? It doesn't make anysense. If you don't want to trade just don't trade. Don't ruin the race for others who enjoy trading.

Also:

I love beyond, +9001 votes for permanent beyond :D

In SSF u can compete against others using your knowledge of the game. Only hard-work and a bit of luck.

That applies only to the top 25 that are sure to get prizes.
For the rest 99.99% of players there's no competition.
If you decide not to trade and reach lvl 93,i decide to trade and reach lvl 94 how am i winning and you are losing?
None of us will know,none will care.
If you want to compete play pvp.
If you want ssf don't trade.
No need to force it on others for your imaginary competition.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
neonarr wrote:
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
Why are you guys asking for SSF? You can SSF 100% all you want in any league, any time, anywhere. Why force no parties? It doesn't make anysense. If you don't want to trade just don't trade. Don't ruin the race for others who enjoy trading.

Also:

I love beyond, +9001 votes for permanent beyond :D

In SSF u can compete against others using your knowledge of the game. Only hard-work and a bit of luck.

That applies only to the top 25 that are sure to get prizes.
For the rest 99.99% of players there's no competition.
If you decide not to trade and reach lvl 93,i decide to trade and reach lvl 94 how am i winning and you are losing?
None of us will know,none will care.
If you want to compete play pvp.
If you want ssf don't trade.
No need to force it on others for your imaginary competition.

SSF since ~OB
Glad solo self found isn't in the lead, I wouldn't play that.
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Self found + Beyond + Turbo! Do IT GGG!!
If there is a Hell! I'll see you there!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info