|||||| [2.5.2d] The Endless Retch (Updated 1/29 w/Temp League Guide!) ||||||

"
Kyrone wrote:
Hey Dakoos, great to see you updated the main post! I'm having a blast right now with 6L Lacerate and 6L Belly of the Beast for Static strike.

Still lacking my uber lab ascendancy but did up to T15 maps with unoptimized setup on breach so far without any real issues.

I got super lucky to obtain those gloves:
Spoiler

For the last ascendancy I got a question though:

I wonder how exactly brutal fervor works.

Since Endless Hunger causes our leech effects to not be removed at full life, does it mean that even while using vaal pact this would allow us to benefit from Brutal Fervour's Bleed and Stun Immunity, as long as we have excess leech amount "stored"?

And even if that isn't the case...we are still leeching mana, right? So would mana leech also be considered as "while leeching" and thus allow us bleed and stun immunity?

I kinda wanna drop death's door boots for more life :D

Thanks for following the guide! I'm glad you're enjoying it in Breach.

Brutal Fervor won't work, as far as I know, because our leech is instant. We cannot "store up" leech.

That is a very interesting point about mana leech and non-Legacy Vinktar + Vaal Pact + Brutal Fervor. With legacy Vinktar, this node does not provide bleed or stun immunity because life AND mana leech are instant. With Vaal Pact, however, only life leech is instant.

I'm going to test, but theoretically this node could provide bleed/stun immune if using non-legacy Vinktar.

Edit: I just tested this in pvp, and it works! You can in fact use Vaal Pact + non-legacy Vinktars and the non-instant mana leech causes Brutal Fervor's effects to trigger. This is good news for players in temporary leagues who want bleed/stun immunity.
The Endless Retch: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655814
Last edited by Dakoos on Jan 8, 2017, 9:37:32 PM
So just to be clear, for our last ascendancy (uber trials), we are supposed to get Brutal Fervour?
Ingame @Hammarturken
"
So just to be clear, for our last ascendancy (uber trials), we are supposed to get Brutal Fervour?

No, I would not recommend taking it. However if you do not mind giving up melee splash and 15% AOE, it is a viable option to deal with bleed and stun.
Life 6141

2750 armor unbuffed (18% reduction)
8833 with lions (42% reduction)

If i dont flicker in immediatly and start cycloning i get shot down pretty much instantly.
Feels paperthin.

And if i get stuck in some geometry which happens when using cyclone im dead 95% of the time.
Ingame @Hammarturken
Last edited by DaMightyTom on Jan 9, 2017, 7:15:20 AM
your accuracy sucks kinda, you only have an 85% hitchance, you probably need some accuracy there, also your jewels mostly have life and res, they are usually a big source of dps for this build

Edit: right, like Kyrone said...50% increased dmg from all sources, probably the sole reason you get oneshot all the time.
Last edited by Flurbereinigung on Jan 9, 2017, 7:20:37 AM
"
DaMightyTom wrote:

Why do you have anti-bleed on your sulphur flask? Death's Door gives you bleed immunity and it looks like you have no way to remove the shock from vinktar's which might explain why you are taking so much more damage.

"
Edit: I just tested this in pvp, and it works! You can in fact use Vaal Pact + non-legacy Vinktars and the non-instant mana leech causes Brutal Fervor's effects to trigger. This is good news for players in temporary leagues who want bleed/stun immunity.

That is indeed great news. I'm happy with my AoE without the last 2 passives so I might ditch DD boots, get some nice rare ones instead and hope brutal fervour is enough for anti-bleed. Didn't have any issues with stuns so far anyways but that'd be a nice bonus. :3
Mortalo's Mirror Mania

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1872121

Creator of Blood Wing, Entropy Grinder, Eagle Hunger, Corruption Bite, Entropy Lock
"
Kyrone wrote:
"
DaMightyTom wrote:

Why do you have anti-bleed on your sulphur flask? Death's Door gives you bleed immunity and it looks like you have no way to remove the shock from vinktar's which might explain why you are taking so much more damage.

"

That is indeed great news. I'm happy with my AoE without the last 2 passives so I might ditch DD boots, get some nice rare ones instead and hope brutal fervour is enough for anti-bleed. Didn't have any issues with stuns so far anyways but that'd be a nice bonus. :3

Thanks for the reminder. Been playing with status ailment immunity for so long i forgotten i needed it now.
Ingame @Hammarturken
Lab points step pls,in turn. 1-?, 2-?, 3-?....4-?
Last edited by vitasnsk16 on Jan 11, 2017, 1:37:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info