help with psychology research paper

Emphasise listening.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I actually think it's far easier to trim than to add filler.

"
NeroNoah wrote:
Making filler can be as bad sometimes, at least in my experience. It reduces overall quality. Also, cutting stuff some times can be easier, because one tends to put redundant/skippable parts. One should be near the target length from the beginning if possible.

Filler is definitely bad. When you've done enough research, there is usually far more relevant information than you have space for. When you leave space, you have room to strengthen the support for your various statements in the paper. You have space to improve the transitions and make it a stronger unified whole.

As for ease of editing down vs editing up - if you read through enough writing topics and write enough research papers it is painfully obvious that it is easier to edit up. Editing down can break the structure of what you are trying to say, or make the paper disjointed. When you edit down on a paper that is already concise, you are playing Jenga with it.

This isn't creative writing, where you are struggling to come up with material. Any decent topic can become an 8, 12, 20, or 75 page paper without much of a struggle for quality content.

As to Scrotie's comment on having a POV in the paper - definitely in the conclusion, sometimes in the intro, and occasionally in the body. That depends on what the teacher expects.

Know your audience, is the first and last rule of writing. A student can gain several buffets worth of knowledge researching a paper, but for the graded portion, the teacher may only want eleven four ounce canapes.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
the fact that you're asking the POE off topic section for help tells me you're going to get that C grade you deserve regardless lol
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I actually think it's far easier to trim than to add filler.

For me it's the other way round. And I'm someone who usually gets to the point quickly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info