[2.2]Yolo flicker 2h crit poison, 3 million dps, - out dated, new build in link

What maps can this char do? Just from looking at defenses and the amount of life it has it will probably repeatedly RIP in hard red maps, to the point of losing xp faster than you gain it.

Acro / eva / dodge /spell dodge / very high regen is nice but none of this prevents oneshots.

In particular, Volatiles - they can easily hit for more than 5k damage at 75% resists, especially if there are 2 added elemental damage mobs, they explode instantly (or very fast?) so you do get hit by them as soon as you kill them.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
It's all good bro.

I mentioned it because i try to recalculate the Damage Per Use shown in the Character Screen. And Your Math looked pretty wild.

Since that Number is affected by anything, Chance to Hit, Crit. , Crit. Multi, Charges, Flask's, Buff's...

it should be a solid Number to rely on, right? I somehow can't find the right Numbers / Equation to reproduce the Damage per Use

Because 95% of People will Multiply the Damage per Use with Attacks per Second to Calculate the DPS of a Flicker Strike Attack.

Which does make sense.
"
Shajirr wrote:
What maps can this char do? Just from looking at defenses and the amount of life it has it will probably repeatedly RIP in hard red maps, to the point of losing xp faster than you gain it.

Acro / eva / dodge /spell dodge / very high regen is nice but none of this prevents oneshots.

In particular, Volatiles - they can easily hit for more than 5k damage at 75% resists, especially if there are 2 added elemental damage mobs, they explode instantly (or very fast?) so you do get hit by them as soon as you kill them.

Effectively, 4400 hp is extremeley low.
The Enfeeble + temporal chain + fortify + arctic armour version is what you are looking for. Enfeeble + fortify gives a nice damanage reduction, expect to take 40-45% less damage, so an equivalent of 6160 Ehp, then there is the less chance to hit, less crit and temporal slow + chill.

It's safe, i have done my level 95 -> 96 with it.

Also, keep in mind, some deaths are unavoidable. The safiest thing to do: Skip the mob, run away. The build is made to clear content but will not shine in dangerous situations.

Explosive volatile + two extra dam + -max res will kill any 6.5K life character if they do not have reductions so the problem is the mechanic and this char has nothing to counter it ( it's not ranged). Enfeeble will save your life in normal situation, one damage mod is okey, two is suicidal.

multi projectile library boss is skippable too with a 6 men party, but it's killed under 3 seconds alone ... ;)

What this build can do:

- Up to t14 map. Abyss doable too. Havent tried core but malachai will be problematic with flicker, maybe with viper strike but 4400 hp seems to be too low for this one anyway.

- atziri's viable, i havent tried uber but should be doable, problem is the trio...

- Well the build can do all the maps, but cant do all the bosses with all the mods

- Excavation bosses are a pain in the ass with flicker but not a problem on a white map so... again we need to choose the mods properly for the fights.

- Cant run physical reflect.

- "no mana regen", " regen slower", "phys damage reduc", "enfeeble", "vulnerability" are doable but !

- avoid no mana regen + regen slower combo, especially if you want to kill a boss with a lot of hp, the mana will never reload with the leech alone, a mana flask will be NEEDED.

- Enfeeble mod double reduces your damage on hit and poison damage! so you lose twice the dps :P and it reduces crit chance/ accuracy! This curse + monster life + phys damage reduc will transform an easy boss into a 20 seconds fight. Voll will this setup will be undefeatable in 6 men party.

- Vulnerability + no mana regen/ regen slower means constant degen with blood rage and regen slower will slow down the leech too, so the life potion is NEEEDED.

- Damage mods are very very dangerous for this build.

- Do not be suicidal, dominus palace + multi projectile + frenzy charge is a RIP skippable boss anyway, it's not doable for most builds and especially not for this one.

"
It's all good bro.

I mentioned it because i try to recalculate the Damage Per Use shown in the Character Screen. And Your Math looked pretty wild.

Since that Number is affected by anything, Chance to Hit, Crit. , Crit. Multi, Charges, Flask's, Buff's...

it should be a solid Number to rely on, right? I somehow can't find the right Numbers / Equation to reproduce the Damage per Use

Because 95% of People will Multiply the Damage per Use with Attacks per Second to Calculate the DPS of a Flicker Strike Attack.

Which does make sense.

Numbers of average damage per use tooltip doesnt show the poison damage nor the vulnerability nor the shock. It's not a good number to rely on for this build.
This number has all sources of damage mixed. It's problematic because vulne only work on physical damage... and elemental damage cannot poison! So we cannot use this number!

The tooltip avg damage is simple :

weapon damage/spell + gear /jewel / aura damage, boosted by increased, by more%, by skill damage %, by crit chance/mult, by extra damage... etc. But it's not what we want.

The numbers with xxxx to xxxx cold/fire/phys etc show only the damage boosted by increased% and more%.

and for poison:

poison damage = 10% of physical & chaos per second for 2 seconds. so 20% over 2 seconds.

100 phys + poison = 120 over 2 seconds

with 100% dot increased + 40 % poison more + 40% poison more = 178.4

with 30% duration 201.92

As you see, the scalability of poison is insane

I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 11, 2016, 10:29:51 AM
Hey there,

Is thie build HC viable?

Peace, Houngan.
Absolutely not HC viable

It's flicker, so you will die sometimes when it's not expected or when you blink yours eyes for a second or two.

It's a low hp build, so you will get killed by oneshot mechanics if you do a mistake. And you will ALWAYS do a mistake, it's only a matter of time.

It's a physical damage build, so you can kill yourself on reflect if you are unlucky with the CWDT proc and eva/dodge rolls.

oh and it's 2 hand, lack of block is a weakness.

Hmm the safier version could be played in HC if you want, but you will need to modificate the tree a lot to get + 50% increased life :P and i dont know what you will sacrifice to get such result... Also it's relatively difficult to level up a flick char with the hp nodes at the end of the tree.

http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwYAAdwFLQW1BnAIsQmWES8UIBUgFr8XsBm0IzYj9iT9JpUs6S2DLlMwcTB8NZI2PTfUOQ46QjrhPfw+zz/8QzFHfkqLS3hMjk2STeNOn1BHUUdTEFO7VUtVhVhjWhpeRV8/YeJirGVNaoxsjG87cFJ07XX9d+N4DXh6eWh6f3rvfXWEb4SihNmE74azh2qJ04w2jM+NfY2/kvOXeZ2qotmjiqXLplepJ6luqZSw2LTFtUi18r02vea+p7/VwBrBBMLswzPIFNNv037UI9RC2L3awd2o43XkUedU6GbrY+0/7g7vDu968kX1b/ZI9qP66/4K/o/+uv/e

Something like this? but i cant tell you if it's viable or not, the loss of crit chance and dot is VERY problematic. Thoo maybe doable, with Increased crit chance gem.

With this build we reach 5 000 life, with the defensive mechanics of the curses/fortif/etc it's viable for solo play, damage will be low for 6 men party, it will not be a good dps and not a good tank.

Also a sword is not needed anymore. The best solution would be to make a classical RT flicker build with a poison layer on top of it.
Last edited by Geisalt on May 11, 2016, 10:04:21 AM
Ok, thank's for your reply.

Anyway your build seems to be prety good...

Peace, Houngan.
My pleasure, thank you for your interrest in my build :)
Hi, Im trying this build in Perandus Flashback.

Of course, Im lack of currencies. Great alternative for Maligaro's Virtuosity Deerskin Gloves is

Perfect Maligaro's Virtuosity Deerskin Gloves roll = 20c
Perfect Facebreaker Strapped Mitts roll = 1c (you only need 90% multiplier)

You gain +54% Critical Multiplier and loose +36% Critical Strike chance.

To balance this, you can remove 2 multiplier points near Fatal Blade to take +25% critical chance to get there. And +20% critical chance near Assassination

So in the end you loose 5% critical chance and gain 40% multiplier
ing marrenna
Last edited by marena26 on May 12, 2016, 9:57:50 AM
It's perfectly true.

However, maligaro has 5% as and dexterity ( accuracy and evasion). 5% as is also almost two nodes ! 20 -30 dex is 2-3 nodes ! Do not underestimate dext, it's cool too.
60 accuracy 6% eva 5% as. and 120 eva.

Also, more crit mult means more reflect damage, and the build is already very close to the oneshot.

But the most important thing is the corrupted vulnerability on hit. Maligaro, facebreaker, any rare ... it doesnt matter ! you need vulnerability on hit.

If you dont have it, blasphemy + vulne + assassin's mark = 70% mana reserved
you lose Arctic armour and the mana becomes difficult to manage

Ok you gain 14% more physical damage with vulne lvl 20 q20 + blasphemy. It's a lot.

But whenever you go away, it removes the curse of the opponent so he doesnt take 33% poison damage anymore, very problematic. With curse on hit, the curse stays on the target even if you are 2 miles away.

It will happen a lot of times, against merveil or dominus when you dodge, or any boss that you cant face roll.

This alone is a big downside to blasph + vulne.

If you have more than 43% crit chance without the 9% assassin's mark, facebreaker vulne is a great option yeah!

Last edited by Geisalt on May 13, 2016, 8:16:05 AM
added numbers for the third variant, and abyssus + vinktart to show the REAL EPEEN DPS OF 6 100 000+ and 10 700 00+ with a mirrored sword + abyssus + vinktar

edited the "guide" to make it easier to read and more complete
Last edited by Geisalt on May 13, 2016, 12:54:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info