[Feedback] RNG should leave (29.04.2016 UPDATE)

exactly, Vio: starting conditions. not end conditions.
the 2 hours a day player will always have considerably less *anything* compared to the 20 hours a day no-lifer. in any game ever.

but crafting is not an end. it is a means to an end which is better gear. more powerful character. ability to beat higher/harder content.
as such, it can have tiers to accommodate each type of player - and already does: from the odd cool helmet enchantment / Meta Mod, to the insane Mirror-Worthy & BiS stuff.
except the latter are currently not in the hands of the skilled no-life players. they are in the hands of the skilled no-life traders.
and the former? yeah you are better off trading for those too, if you don't want to risk randomly losing both your sanity and a considerable amount of hard-earned-by-previous-RNG-layer orbs.

so ask yourself: is there actual crafting/gameplay when trade - not usage of orbs. not dropping things from tough beasties after besting them - is how you actually get stuff in this game?
the answer is pretty obvious.

and why?
is there some reason at all for this game to *not* be an ARPG with trade, instead of Trade Simulator with a side of ARPG?
since January 2013 I cannot answer this question: why.
I bet even GGG don't remember why the fuck it was designed like this, at this point.
but they do know why they don't change it: because it keeps players addicted. keeps them chasing a carrot that probably doesn't even fucking exist in the realm they are searching in: the realm of Wraeclast.
it exists in the realm of XYZ. offer?
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 29, 2016, 5:59:52 AM
"
madfellan wrote:
"
Frattagli4 wrote:
"
madfellan wrote:
Linked it with like 220 fuses :

You are so good man. I'm still a newbie, so i just linked a random infernal mantle for a friend in standard (i waste stuff there since i never play standard), and it took about the same amount to strike a 5 link. I have to learn to play.

(With RNG you can score that with 1 fuse, but it can happen to take 10.000 of them if you are very unlucky :/)

It has nothing to do with how good you are ( i won`t probably make a 6L with 10k fuses if that will be the case :) ). It was just luck...and probably the fact that lately i don`t give a damn because i hate this league.
A month ago, after i wasted like 1.5K fuses trying to 6L an item, i had to buy 2ex worth of fuses to have at least a 5L. And i`ve 5linked it within last 20 fuses. So i am not always lucky, it just happened lately.

I was just kidding :P

GZ for the roll
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
johnKeys wrote:

as such, it can have tiers to accommodate each type of player - and already does: from the odd cool helmet enchantment / Meta Mod, to the insane Mirror-Worthy & BiS stuff.
except the latter are currently not in the hands of the skilled no-life players. they are in the hands of the skilled no-life traders.

Just like in real life - the big money are on Wall Street. :)

"
Frattagli4 wrote:

I was just kidding :P

GZ for the roll

Yeah, right now i forced my luck and wasted other 800 fusings on my Lioneye bow ( the one that my char uses ). I believe i spent almost 3k fuses on it so far and still no luck. :)
Last edited by madfellan on Apr 29, 2016, 8:23:46 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
the 2 hours a day player will always have considerably less *anything* compared to the 20 hours a day no-lifer. in any game ever.

but crafting is not an end. it is a means to an end which is better gear. more powerful character. ability to beat higher/harder content.
and the former? yeah you are better off trading for those too, if you don't want to risk randomly losing both your sanity and a considerable amount of hard-earned-by-previous-RNG-layer orbs.

so ask yourself: is there actual crafting/gameplay when trade - not usage of orbs. not dropping things from tough beasties after besting them - is how you actually get stuff in this game?

and why?
is there some reason at all for this game to *not* be an ARPG with trade, instead of Trade Simulator with a side of ARPG?
I bet even GGG don't remember why the fuck it was designed like this, at this point.
but they do know why they don't change it: because it keeps players addicted. keeps them chasing a carrot that probably doesn't even fucking exist in the realm they are searching in: the realm of Wraeclast.

I wonder sometimes if you actually know what you are saying or you just copying things you read on this board. What kind of crafting do you actually mean? There is so much different approaches and so many different levels you can't really generalize crafting like this.

I kinda have the feeling your issues have to do with self found or something. Crafting in this game while selffound is very difficult i admit. But then again the game is build around the fact that you can trade. And currency trading is the simplest thing in the game.

I'm crafting every league, always alch jewelry for a nice steady income, try and get a GG 2hander or bow depending on what i'm playing. Later on maybe even some ES gear chaos spam. If your expectations are not to much in dreamworld, you can actually get some really nice items.

p.s The 2 hour people always want to have what the 20h people have for the same amount of effort. That just doesn't work.
I've 3 Enlighten gems on their way to lvl 3, wish me luck with those corruptions :(
Last edited by knac84 on Apr 29, 2016, 7:27:47 AM
I think some rng of poe should be changed the way it is calculated.
I got a lot of problem when playing may crit fb in talisman, and 1 remarkable death of mine is: i hit 6 hits into a mob, all landed but none crit, although i have 70% crit chance atm. The mob hit me 5k hps bypass block and my evasion.
I was played no-life in the first 2 weeks as a MF CA and make only around 7-8ex mainly through flip trade currency. Meanwhile, my guildmates who didnt play mf at all, earn like 3-4 times more than me through drops and cadiro.
/Sr for my bad english, i have a lot of problem with rng and i already quit HS after it became some casual rng game.
Last edited by T_Speed on Apr 29, 2016, 9:37:31 AM
"
T_Speed wrote:
I think some rng of poe should be changed the way it is calculated.
I got a lot of problem when playing may crit fb in talisman, and 1 remarkable death of mine is: i hit 6 hits into a mob, all landed but none crit, although i have 70% crit chance atm. The mob hit me 5k hps bypass block and my evasion.
I was played no-life in the first 2 weeks as a MF CA and make only around 7-8ex mainly through flip trade currency. Meanwhile, my guildmates who didnt play mf at all, earn like 3-4 times more than me through drops and cadiro.
/Sr for my bad english, i have a lot of problem with rng and i already quit HS after it became some casual rng game.

This league is crap because it encourages farming the same zone over and over for Cadiro. As an MF, you can do hundreds of maps and you`ll still have less than someone who simply farms Cadiro in Solaris.
I refused to farm him and the only things i bought from him were from random encounters - 1ex, mortal hope and ignorance and around 40c. He offered me some good uniques too but they had bad rolls.
"
Miská wrote:

I wonder sometimes if you actually know what you are saying or you just copying things you read on this board. What kind of crafting do you actually mean? There is so much different approaches and so many different levels you can't really generalize crafting like this.

I wonder sometimes if you actually bother understanding what you read, or just scan words like one of Google's algorithms.
things on this board? I was always the one writing them, not copying. but heck I can't claim "copyright" because although I've been doing this for almost 3.5 years - there were people back in Closed Beta who raised the "what the fuck?" flag long before I ever did.
and it took more than 2 years for GGG to - at least partially - listen. very partially.

crafting? well I can give you at least one fresh example out of a game I'm playing right now - Grim Dawn - and a hundred more from every RPG ever... but I won't bother.
you know what crafting is. it's the part of the game where the player can improve his/her gear ever-so-slightly with what they got, and have some actual control of the result.
a.k.a not throwing a motherfucking Fuse while standing next to Kuduku and doing the "RNG have mercy" ritual dance, hoping it will add a link instead of remove all.

"

p.s The 2 hour people always want to have what the 20h people have for the same amount of effort. That just doesn't work.

no you know what? go and fucking read the previous post again!
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 29, 2016, 11:07:23 AM
"
Miská wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
Spoiler

and why?

I kinda have the feeling your issues have to do with self found or something. Crafting in this game while selffound is very difficult i admit. But then again the game is build around the fact that you can trade. And currency trading is the simplest thing in the game.
As I said in my first post in this thread, the economy is the softening yin to RNG's spikey and rough yang. I pretty much assume that absolutely every complaint in an RNG thread is from someone who doesn't trade, or who decided this one time not to trade for something and got burned. So I basically assume 100% self-found salt in every RNG thread ever. jK here is no exception.

So you tell one of these players this, and like jK, they start Raging at trade. They go on about how important and necessary it is, but they're really superstitious about how it works. It's like in their minds, that guy trying to craft a Mirror-worthy item rolls on a different RNG table when he Exalts, except he doesn't, his Exalts suck just as much as your Exalts, it's just that he literally cannot upgrade unless he makes a new, better item. Or, they imagine that the guy at the top of the ladder 12 hours into a league got there by trading, when it's more likely he's doing it 100% self-found, and when he does trade it's probably more likely that he'll sell a gear upgrades than buy one.

Trade gives people with bad gear (to include missing that build-defining item) upgrades, and it gives players with excess good gear currency. "Bad gear" and "good gear" being based on community averages, whose standards generally increase over time. That's the core of it, and I am a little astonished by how many people think the economy is 100% flippers and scammers with no legit business, and trading means selling your soul and turning yourself into a douchebag. Because that's not it at all.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 29, 2016, 11:34:41 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

I wonder sometimes if you actually bother understanding what you read, or just scan words like one of Google's algorithms.
things on this board? I was always the one writing them, not copying. but heck I can't claim "copyright" because although I've been doing this for almost 3.5 years - there were people back in Closed Beta who raised the "what the fuck?" flag long before I ever did.
and it took more than 2 years for GGG to - at least partially - listen. very partially.

crafting? well I can give you at least one fresh example out of a game I'm playing right now - Grim Dawn - and a hundred more from every RPG ever... but I won't bother.
you know what crafting is. it's the part of the game where the player can improve his/her gear ever-so-slightly with what they got, and have some actual control of the result.
a.k.a not throwing a motherfucking Fuse while standing next to Kuduku and doing the "RNG have mercy" ritual dance, hoping it will add a link instead of remove all.

"

no you know what? go and fucking read the previous post again!

You're applying your silly single player attitude on a game that is designed around trading. Crafting is fine in this game, unless you put all kinds of handicaps on yourself. You lose your right to complain though. Try less handicaps.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Trade gives people with bad gear (to include missing that build-defining item) upgrades, and it gives players with excess good gear currency. "Bad gear" and "good gear" being based on community averages, whose standards generally increase over time. That's the core of it, and I am a little astonished by how many people think the economy is 100% flippers and scammers with no legit business, and trading means selling your soul and turning yourself into a douchebag. Because that's not it at all.

Exactly. Besides the group you mentioned, the 'selffounders' there is another group very vocally biased against trading. The group that wants to but can't. Because you need experience and knowledge to determine values. The hoard of quick satisfaction players that have arrived in PoE simply don't have that patience and would prefer selffound with finding tons of loot over learning how to play PoE.
Last edited by Miská on Apr 29, 2016, 11:42:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info