Spirit Chaos Trapper-EB/MOM/ACRO [Atziri/Uber]{SC/HC} *Optimised Non-Crit Chaos Trapper*

No Quartz Flask Version

Yo,

This is my version of the chaos trapper that plenty of people are running around with.
Im running this build on SC, @Relishx is running similar one on HC.

**DISCLIMER**
Spoiler
Im not sayin i came up with the idea of chaos trapper. But for my taste it has terrible defences even through it is Uber viable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**CONCLUSIONS AFTER PLAYIN REGULAR CHAOS TRAPPER**
Some conclusions about Top-Right side of the tree:
- it is not very generous for life based characters.
- contains a lot of hybrid nodes either life-es or life-mana
- A LOT OF OFFENCES, pretty bad defences department
Some conclusions after playin life based version of chaos trapper:
- around 4.5k hp (for me its not so much, even if the main idea is to evade most of the incoming dmg)
- you cant reserve whole mana
- you have to either invest alot in mana regen on gear or mana flask
- vulnerable to big hits (they happen rarely, but in HC environment you have to be prepared)
- vulnerable to map mods like "no life and mana regeneration/reduced life and mana regeneration/additional dmg(because of lack of defences)"
- (many of you are playin or have been playin this build so you can come up with further points)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**WHY MOM/EB/ACRO??**
(This one will be in form of Q/A)

Why you even want to use EB?
A: Because it allows me to completly ditch mana problems regular chaos trapper has. You just don't care. Required investment is 1 gem slot and 2 points on tree. For me it's like buyin exalts for 5 chaos each.

Why do you want to use MOM?
A: The main defence of the trapper is to not to get hit, but if this hit will land i want to have high enough eHP pool to soak the dmg and recover fast. MoM transfers 30% of incoming DAMAGE (not only physical - works well with additional dmg map mods) from mana pool before life. My mana pool thx to EB is defended by ES meaning that ES works as a part of my life pool without being handicapped by for example LAB traps or degens buffs / debuffs.

"Are you dumb? Acro halves your ES!!?"
A: Yes, im aware of that. Either way the main defence of the trapper is to dodge/evade most of the incoming damage. With current availability of Dodge buffs (Quartz Flask + Grace) this form of defence is very appealing even through it has such a strong downside.

**MECHANICS EXPLANATION**
How does it all work?
A: Right now you know that EB defends mana, which is subtructed by MOM on incoming hit damage. So hmm, how to repilsh ES without resolving to some weird uniques or other stuff?

This little fella is the answer. Combined with some regen im taking either way on tree and lv 20 gem with this magical enchantment "100% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Stone Golems", our little fella helps to regenerate over 250 life per second.

Hey, wait the minute, you said "250 life per second" ? Life ? The hell has life to do with ES ?
A: On the tree there is a node called "Zealot's Oath", what it gives is that you swap life regeneration for ES regeneration. But on tree it takes plenty of points to get to. But GGG was kind enough to provide us with to be honest upgraded yet different version of mana flask:

What it gives is: life to es regen, additional es regeneration through consecrated ground, 40% increased damage, which is HUGE boost compared to regular mana flask, you also have option to swap between life/es regen on demand, at the cost of one single flask slot.

To preserve ES functionality as a 30% of ehp pool it's also good to have these:

Just in case for emergency situations :)

So we can now reserve whole mana, with what ?
A: this one is highly dependant on what the player is looking for. I picked offensive auras and one curse:

Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Anger - Enlighten(3) + off Herald of Ice / Arctic Armour swap

**TREE**
Only one link because its pretty streight forward:
CLICK

**GEAR**
The more ES you can squizze into regular chaos trapper the better.

My gear for example looks like this:
Spoiler

And must haves from regular chaos trapper:
Spoiler

**LINKS**
6Link for armor is not required, but its nice to have, so you can swap IAOF for Concentrated Effect.

Body: Ice Trap - Trap and Mine Damage - Cluster Traps - Controlled Destruction - Elemental Focus - (Increased area of damage / Concentrated Effect)

Nice to haves:
Summon Stone Golem - Ele res for minions - Max Life for minions - Fortify (helps a lot to have free tank in some situations)

Increased Duration - Vaal Clarity - Vaal Grace - Vaal Lightning trap

Increased Critical Strikes - Orb of Storm

Attack speed - Fortify - Whirling Blades

**FLASKS**

With flask passives these flasts are unbelievablely OP..
- over 1200 life/s regen from flask
- 26% physical reduction
- 13% additional dodge and spell dodge
- 52% increased damage
- tone of % evasion (blind itself is pretty OP..)

**JEWELS**
Same as regular chaos trapper - area/trap/damage/chaos damage/%life

**STATS**
This one is pretty pointless because dmg was enough to do any content in game, same with defences.

Lvl 18/17 support gems - buffed for bosses. Pretty sure i can easly get to 40k with fixed belt gem lvls and 1 more jewel (last one is blue)

Defences
dodge/ spell dodge (40/30 with vaal grace 74/64 with quartz flask 53/43, with both 75/75)
evasion 17(-30% with flask up)
physical reduction 0 (- 26% with flask up)
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on May 1, 2016, 1:58:25 PM
Last bumped on May 1, 2016, 2:00:24 PM
I really like your idea with EB/MOM and the Flask/Stone Golem!

I will try your idea a little different:

(Level 100 Tree)

I'd like to test it with Zealot's Oath keystone first, but maybe switch to pure flask.

I also keep crit on, since we generate powercharges easily. I am just level 62 tho, maybe i am very wrong. ;-)
Last edited by Stormnight on Apr 21, 2016, 6:01:40 AM
I don't understand what you mean by this:

"
with this magical enchantment "100% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Stone Golems"

What enchantment is that? Is it a labyrinth mod? I know the Elementalist ascendancy gives this for all golems, but you're obviously a Saboteur and not a Witch...

Edit: Also, do you think this will work with less ES on gear and running Discipline instead of Anger? I'd rather not give up on Atziri's Step...
Last edited by Saerileth on Apr 21, 2016, 11:17:59 AM
"
Saerileth wrote:
I don't understand what you mean by this:

"
with this magical enchantment "100% increased Effect of the Buff granted by your Stone Golems"

What enchantment is that? Is it a labyrinth mod? I know the Elementalist ascendancy gives this for all golems, but you're obviously a Saboteur and not a Witch...

Edit: Also, do you think this will work with less ES on gear and running Discipline instead of Anger? I'd rather not give up on Atziri's Step...

Its an Lab enchant. You can check xyz for it. Im tryin to get it on my own on better helmet (the one currently posted) - no luck yet.

@rzas, friend who is running this setup on HC has only 800 es because of using hybrid eva/es gear. I would say that if you feel like running Atziris step - DO SO. It wont gimp you much if you find ES else where.

Im not dropping anger only because im running in SC. For HC its even possible to run with AA also for even more defences and feeling this "safe mode".

Ill try to update the guide a little bit more in the weekend, currently have pretty limmited time to play because of work and house keeping :S
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Apr 21, 2016, 4:27:56 PM
Oh, I see. Thanks for the answer.

I can easily reach 1000+ ES with Discipline and a good ES helmet, so if that works then good. That enchantment seems like a must have though, I don't see how I can keep ES up while casting otherwise. My life regen is only slightly higher than mana regen at the moment, and I constantly need to pop my mana flask even on a 5L and lvl 18 gem. So without that enchantment I don't gain much from ZO/EB, plus MoM will deplete ES fast. Consecrated ground is sounds nice, but is it really useful? I don't plan on standing still much...
Last edited by Saerileth on Apr 21, 2016, 6:35:10 PM
What do YOu think about my version?I picked the EVA/LIFE and EVA/ES nodes to improve my survaivability.

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAYDAbDYgh6P-oPbVcY6WH8r6-5RdI7pppm3de4VMHxh4lVLJpVirJ2qbIw2xdgkjDYEBx8CLR-VIF3ypr5UR57Eaoz1b8gUUUeFMpANG-BX2DGzdZ5cQIfLp5vPFZLz-uteRetjES8rCqcIU1Ka4EWd7-vQH8HzoqPbCxB7wQDbGr469Us2PTIYfrB2b9hUswNwUY2_Fr9SU5eVFfAF-QW1wuxMs21stMV6U7IZMgHPemHr7Bjb55UuSVHw1QcetUjndJsmVvoOSH_GEZY9X6LZZKqbhmo21CMwcd2oS3g6Qg==
@Fariel: the Survivalist cluster looks like a good investment for survivability. However, I'm not so sure about Revenge of the Hunted - you can get 1% more life and a ton of damage with good jewels by taking the three sockets instead, and still have two passive points to spare. Not sure the 50% evasion is worth it. Either way, you're wasting a passive on a dex node going there, you can go straight down from Void Barrier. ;)
When I'll reach 95+ lvl I could also go for MELDING keystone(ES/LIFE nodes) and Zealoth keystone without using the flask.
Actually, I consider ZO on the flask to be a benefit to this build idea. It allows you to toggle regeneration between life and ES at will, so you don't have to completely sacrifice the life regen to make EB work. Keep in mind that MoM only converts 30% of damage on hit, so while your ES isn't empty the regeneration is better served mitigating damage over time on your life. Without that, desecrated / burning ground maps are going to be a real pain.
How would a Lightning Coil work with EB/MOM ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info