[2.2 DEA-OCC] Dire Drain: 66.5k Essence Drain DPS without LL or RF | Videos up

Sure, will make some now.

Edit: There you go, enjoy.
Last edited by Dire_ on May 8, 2016, 3:10:36 AM
"
Dire_ wrote:
-60k DPS, 5.7k life, 10k armor. The damage can actually hit 100k DPS with the use of 20% Projectile Weakness and Occultist ascendancy. (60k * 1.54 * 1.15 = 106.3k)

Projectile Weakness doesn't increase the over time portion of Essence Drain damage, but only the initial hit one. This can be decent when you poison with ED (because the poison damage depends on the initial hit damage, not the dot part) or when you need the additional pierce chance... which you both do not use in this build because you don't poison and you already have 100% pierce chance from Deadeye Ascendancy plus the pierce support gem, so PW it's a near-to-useless curse here.

Vulnerability is the best damage curse when talking about ED, because it affects the over time (and the eventual poison for the ones using the support gem) damage of the skill.
Last edited by djnat on May 8, 2016, 12:02:31 PM
Ah, didn't know that. I thought it did. I'll do some testing to see if this is true, otherwise temp chains would still be better overall.

Thanks for the comment
Last edited by Dire_ on May 8, 2016, 3:35:47 PM
is this Hardcore Viable at all?
"
DrazyHaze wrote:
is this Hardcore Viable at all?

I'm certain it is.
Several reasons why it's viable for HC:
-the proj. speed of ED is fast(from the gloves, passive, and ascendancy), allowing you to cast it from a distance
-ED's regen at 60k DPS on magic mobs is like using 2-3 life flasks at the same time
-high HP and armor lets you walk away from burst phys. damage
-ED lets you kite since it's DoT
-very cheap start, which is just a 6L white/magic bow that you can roll to get +1 to socketed gems
Awesome. THaks for the response. I am going to give it a shot and see what happens
You're welcome, and good luck!

I haven't added a detailed leveling section yet, so sorry for the inconvenience.

Some tips for leveling though:
-get the HP and projectile dmg nodes first (proj dmg so that you can use Bow skills early on to level faster)
-once you get to lv. 38+ and have a 6L bow with +1 to gems, using ED would be good.
By this time you can use Clarity on Essence Worm and use the Clear Mind jewel to get 50%+ to spell dmg. Don't forget to use Drillneck then
-get Deadeye on your first ascendancy once you complete normal and cruel labyrinths
-use lv. 2 uncorrupted Empower when you can buy it. If you buy a lv. 3 corrupted Empower, level the uncorrupted one in your weapon swap
Hey all, here's my version of the build. Little bit less tooltip damage, but good DoT damage due to Poison stacks, and different pathing to grab some evasion nodes and Phase Acrobatics.

Also chosing Slayer over Occultist because curses don't get applied to monsters often enough and I find the build had more trouble with Yellows and Bosses (30% damage buff). It works well for solo play. It is difficult to successfully complete Elreon and Vorici missions, though.

I actually think Berzerker is a better choice because the Culling Strike and overkill leech from Slayer is useless. At least Berzerker gets some cast speed when chunked, and the 10% More should be just as good for DPS.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAAJfAx4FtQZwBx4OSBEvEZYTbRQJFr8YVhmKH0Ei6iP2JogmlSpbKwotqDBxMHwyATWSNj031DpCOuE-z0GHQzZJE0lRS3hNkk3jTp9RR1FMUuxVhVxAXfJfsGDeYeJh62KsaHRsjG1sb551nnaCefZ6U3p_e26DCYTFhweHy4ngjX2Nv4_6kx-UoJUulwaXIZsmm7WdqqQMpcumV6ebqLusR7GQshm00bVItzC3PrfWu-O95r6AwXzC7MM6xKLIDMpKzxXPetQj2E3Yvdpi21ndqOZY53ToWujW6xTrY-0_8NXyRfno_gr-j_66

With Deadeye only giving 30% pierce now, I decided to grab the Pierce nodes on the right (above Acrobatics) to add some utility while keeping the Drillneck bonus damage.

Since I'm there anyway for Acrobatics, it was an easy choice to pick up the Fatal Toxin nodes as well, and linked the Poison gem to the 6-link setup.

The poison stacks, and the damage is affected by the Damage over Time/Chaos Damage nodes that I grabbed anyway, so it mostly comes in handy for bosses and Yellows when they are suffering the Wither debuff (which is also the reasoning for the Slayer ascendancy.)

From the wiki:
Spoiler
The following stats will directly affect the damage of poison; note that some of these stats apply only to the poison whereas some may also apply to the skill that triggered it:

Damage over Time
Poison Damage
Damage
Chaos Damage
Area Damage if applied by an Area skill
Projectile Damage if applied by a Projectile skill

Trap Damage if applied by a Trap
Mine Damage if applied by a Mine
Totem Damage if applied by a Totem
Minion Damage if applied by a Minion

My 6-link is
Essence Drain - Pierce - Void Manipulation - Poison - Rapid Decay - Controlled Destruction, once my Empowers are leveled up I'll drop either Pierce or Rapid Decay, depending on the DPS, and throw an Empower in there.

I also use this
to enable free casting. Then I dropped Clarity and opened up the ring slots for Two-Stones or whatever I can find with life and resists.

My build can do the Atziri normal and once I get Empower on the 6-link I think it will really start to work well. Still leveling the gems at level 83.

Critique welcome! Thanks.
Hey, playing this build, really nice! Currently level 79, wondering how to boost my dps.

Gear:
Spoiler

The obvious ones are empower lvl 4, ED lvl 21, and 20q gems. However, with blood rage and 4 frenzies I only have 33k dot dps. You have 65k... Will the level of the gems/empower/etc make such a huge difference?

Suggestions?
It's difficult, if not impossible, to reach the same tooltip as the opener, because this is a 2.2 build and in the subsequent patches the pierce support gem and the deadeye sub-ascendancy have been nerfed by a significant amount.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info