[2.3] Burning Arrow Elementalist || Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget (Atziri Viable)

what do you think about 6th link for council bow? added fire damage? hypothermia? but it doest work for bosses, so +1 swap.
innerwate may also work, but same prob as hypo.

burning damage is also not that bad, but im considering it after added fire, still im too lazy to make all that calcualations

No rest for the wicked
@mezmery

I think added fire would probably be the best 6th link. Increased burning damage is currently very weak atm and hypothermia / innervate is a bit unreliable.
So I dropped burning arrow since the dps was kinda low without good enough gear to do uber lab etc and I made a split arrow/puncture assassin meanwhile which surprisingly has a pretty identical playstyle. Since then i got the new gmp bow and there's some things that you can do with it that aren't immediately apparent.

First of all obviously you can drop gmp gem and just get more dps, but if you don't you get a pretty insane 9 arrow split on burning arrow which should help a lot with aoe clear (actually I say this while using 11 arrow split arrow currently but the effect should be the same).

Another benefit of the GMP bow is the effect it has on vaal burning arrow trap. Since VBA is an aoe, if you link it with GMP in a trap setup it shotguns all 5 arrows on itself which makes it very strong for single target, another 4 arrows should boost this even more.

On the topic of class I agree that elementalist seems the best but to me it looks like all you get is just damage. Some other classes could provide a lot more defense and utility instead while getting the damage from gear and jewels. Something I plan to test more is juggernaut (stun/chill/freeze immune, a lot of accuracy and attack speed since I won't be using lioneye's glare and still want EO) and maybe chieftain (ignite/more fire pen/fire damage).

Finally I see potential in lioneye's vision as a potential chestpiece. With the amount of red gems we use it shouldn't be too hard to color (unlike every other build that can use it) and you can get a potential 8-link with it if you use the council bow.

Since on my first uber lab I managed to snag this piece I'll come back to the build and see how it goes with the above things in mind.

defence? utility?
at archer? in poe?
that's even a bit funny.
No rest for the wicked
"
mezmery wrote:
defence? utility?
at archer? in poe?
that's even a bit funny.

Don't you have anything better to do than troll all day?
"
Aggnog wrote:
"
mezmery wrote:
defence? utility?
at archer? in poe?
that's even a bit funny.

Don't you have anything better to do than troll all day?

mr low dps, pls
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jun 8, 2016, 5:34:31 PM
"
MoarPizza wrote:
@mezmery

I think added fire would probably be the best 6th link. Increased burning damage is currently very weak atm and hypothermia / innervate is a bit unreliable.

best 6l is phys proj btw, it gives highest flat damage which is more important then tooltip dps, tested with a 6l lioneyes, and i dont wanna go with slower proj for clear because <3 offscreening shit

one thing i noticed here is how people compare tooltip dps, on a build like this you want the highest possible top end dmg, so you hit once and shit melts, i have a 30k tooltip only with 20k topend fire damage, granted thats not much for a 6l but im playing hc and prioritizing life at the moment, i wanna reach 6.5k with kaoms + jewel sockets which is achieveable, im at 5.6k with a belly alone atm
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Jun 8, 2016, 5:17:39 PM
"
DerKobold16 wrote:
@mezmery

one thing i noticed here is how people compare tooltip dps, on a build like this you want the highest possible top end dmg, so you hit once and shit melts, i have a 30k tooltip only with 20k topend fire damage, granted thats not much for a 6l but im playing hc and prioritizing life at the moment, i wanna reach 6.5k with kaoms + jewel sockets which is achieveable, im at 5.6k with a belly alone atm

in groups you dps is alsmost nonexistant at ~14k tooltips. also high maps are not that fun with 80 fire res rolls sometimes, even hp+ ee makes it tough

and dont delude yourself, hp not gonna save you with eva build, kaom here is BIS dps chest :)
this game doesnt work like that, you need to layer defences. in eva case lc + toh+ at least some end charges +leech, for melees blind flask also.
you either do errors, or dont.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on Jun 8, 2016, 6:14:31 PM
i fail to see how this is a defensive build with 141% life in the tree.
Only form of defence i see is acro
Last edited by Murray_ on Mar 19, 2018, 3:39:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info