[2.2] Scion Clone Generator - Mirror + Blink Arrow Army (100K++ DPS) [Easy Atziri kills]

Thank you all for the feedback. After a couple of hours of testing and reading up on minions and blink/mirror arrow, I have made some changes/updates to the build (main post) after spending a stack of Regrets.

Bandit Quest
Normal Mode - Help Oak to get +40 Life
Cruel Mode - Kill all Bandits to get +1 Skill Point ***Updated
Merciless Mode - Kill all Bandits to get +1 Skill Point

Updated Skill Tree
Remove Elemantalist & Catalyse nodes. Replaced by taking Lord of the Dead.
There 2 redundant dex nodes currently as I lack dex on my gear to reach 212 dex for Lioneye's Glare.

Changed Ascendancy Paths
Saboteur - Remain
Deadeye - REMOVED
Slayer - NEW selected path to get 30% increased dmg against rare & unique monsters.

Gear Update
Replaced Winds of Change (since proj damage doesn't apply to the clones) with Aurseize unique glove. More IIR but less life. This is temporary until I get better overall gear to balance my resistance cap.

DPS Updated
DPS for clones have been updated based on the support gems and to reflect gems at level 20. DPS also takes into account the incoming nerf for cluster traps less damage to apply to minion. About 1k dps loss, no biggie.

Usage of Trap & Mine Damage has also been removed since it does nothing for the clones dps.

Done a couple of tier 8 and 9 maps after all the changes, map & monster pack clearing remains kinda same and bosses seem to die faster as expected.

[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
Last edited by 174nana on Apr 16, 2016, 1:26:33 PM
If you're going to stick with primarily elemental clone dps, I highly recommend that you get +1-2 cold damage on your gear somewhere, pick up EE, and spam split arrow to massively reduce enemy fire and light resistance.

Glad to see that clone summoners are still a thing. One of the most fun builds in the game imo. :D
does flesh offering work with clones?
i remember reading something about it before but cant remember if it said it does work with them or not :/
Over the last 3 leagues i played a LOT of clone army-builds, and the sad part is, as said in your CONS, its insanely tiring to re-summon them. There IS an answer to that and its +skill effect duration... But that limits you to two options
- Non-trap, play either necromancer (skill duration/minion stuff) or champion (fortify and some dmg too), few clones but they hurt a lot (thats what i played last leagues)

- Play with traps as you do... but you have to go saboteur + chain reaction, because sunblast wont work (the skill effect duration will make the traps have super duration even with sunblast/jewels)
_______

On the topic of DPS, you can add some +cold damage on your gear, and no +fire/lightning, and take Elemental Equilibrium.
I also use a 4L Split Arrow/Chain/Curse on Hit/Elem Weakness. With both the curse and EE, your clone's elem dps skyrocket, and it makes using an Alpha's howl for the +2 very much worth it.

________
Flesh offering is worthless on them cause they have capped attack speed.
HOWEVER, Since they have an invisible defense buff that make them insanely tanky (it was added when they gutted total hp after the minion instability incident last year), any heals are very efficient and that makes Bone Offering really useful. They're already tanky, and with bone offering even on non-trap setups one or two clones can survive throngs of mobs. You'll rarely see them die before they dissapear from duration
Last edited by neyhoumi on Apr 16, 2016, 5:01:15 PM
I have personally been running an increased duration version saboteur. The increased duration is great since they seem to have a 2+ screen range. I chose to basically skip most of the minion nodes on the tree in favor of using an Infractem and Drillneck. If the hit chance becomes a problem i will simply switch out one curse for Poachers mark, reducing their evasion back down to a manageable level. 100% pierce from the bow gives them great pack clear, as well as giving me 100% increased projectile damage on the clones. It also doubles up on my Split arrow, letting me run Split arrow + CoH + Projectile Weakness + Temp Chains. That will include Frostbite most likely once i get a 5 link. This is because the cold damage from hatred is high enough to provide reasonable freeze length given how fast a pack of 12 clones hits things on top of the bonus from Temp Chains. I am running EE as well.

I am still only lvl 75, so lots of room left to grow and gear to get, but i can clear t8 maps with zero trouble quite quickly. As i have been exploring how the build progresses through maps, it has seemed that if my clones had less duration i would be fighting with the trap recovery to sustain clear speed. Even with the 40% from Sabo, i feel like i could always use more clone traps.

Vaal haste actually seems like a waste with the clones capped attack speed. I found that Vaal Lightning Trap was excellent for the auto-shock ground for anything tougher. For a truely Endgame setup, I imagine a Vagan bow with Tora's projectiles return will produce the biggest effective DPS, But such a bow would obviously be quite expensive and/or a pain to create yourself.

If you really REALLY wanna focus on elemetal clones You should really take a look at dropping hatred, going anger/wrath, and running a bow like Roths Reach. It has a very high Wep ele roll, and the auto chain will work since its on the bow. Between EE, Ele weakness, Projectil Weakness and either of the element specific curses i think you could get your raw elemental damage super high.
I did not bother trying flesh offering as you barely have anytime to do anything else in 3 seconds besides summoning more clones and dodging anything dangerous.

This is also the reason why I do not get Elemental Equilibrium as I do not have time to perform any attacks to proc an elemental damage. The other reason is that I plan to run Hatred later down the road along with Anger and Wrath using Victario's Influence + Enlighten and getting 2x more reduce aura reserve nodes on the tree.

As for the Increased Duration, I really wish I could extend the clones duration without affecting the traps duration but I see no way to achieve that so far. The only option currently is to dump Sunblast and make the clones appear upon trap trigger by enemy with extended clones duration but that would limit the concept of summon clones on demand at any location of choice.

I have been thinking of a idea which is to use more Cheap Construction Jewels and at the same time pick up some Skill Duration nodes near Scion area. Still trying to weight the benefits as it would cost 2-3 skill points to get a jewel slot (which I currently have access to quite a few thanks to Scion). For every 10% increased clone duration, it will cost 3-4 skill points, not too sure if that is worth it...

The other idea I am thinking of is SRS + trap + cluster traps as the 3rd trap skill since there are times when this build can reach 0 traps for both mirror and blink arrow. Not sure if 5 second SRS has any use...

Feedback has been great so far, thanks guys, hope to dive into tier 10 maps (will post a video of it too) once I get a couple more.

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
Last edited by 174nana on Apr 16, 2016, 10:29:06 PM
"
174nana wrote:
I did not bother trying flesh offering as you barely have anytime to do anything else in 3 seconds besides summoning more clones and dodging anything dangerous.

This is also the reason why I do not get Elemental Equilibrium as I do not have time to perform any attacks to proc an elemental damage. The other reason is that I plan to run Hatred later down the road along with Anger and Wrath using Victario's Influence + Enlighten and getting 2x more reduce aura reserve nodes on the tree.

The other idea I am thinking of is SRS + trap + cluster traps as the 3rd trap skill since there are times when this build can reach 0 traps for both mirror and blink arrow. Not sure if 5 second SRS has any use...

Feedback has been great so far, thanks guys, hope to dive into tier 10 maps (will post a video of it too) once I get a couple more.

These two points contradict each other.

If you really hated hard-casting, Frost Bomb traps are hilarious.

Also, fairly sure Elemental Equilibrium will do more damage than Hatred anyways. Hatred is going to convert 45% of their physical damage to cold, but a significant portion of your damage is Lightning/Fire, not Physical
"
Starfires wrote:
"
174nana wrote:

These two points contradict each other.

If you really hated hard-casting, Frost Bomb traps are hilarious.

Also, fairly sure Elemental Equilibrium will do more damage than Hatred anyways. Hatred is going to convert 45% of their physical damage to cold, but a significant portion of your damage is Lightning/Fire, not Physical

Think you misunderstood me dude, I don't hate hard casting or attack to apply EE or curse. You just will not have the time to do so when the clones last only 3 seconds and need constant recasting to maintain a good clear speed.

Frost bomb traps are indeed crazy after watching Ziggyd's SSF trapper.

True, Hatred will not add that much damage, but it is extra damage on my minions which I do not have to proc or maintain constantly as it stays active as an aura.

Gonna test the idea of removing Clever Construction to see if traps die to DOT or what not before they can trigger instantly. Will put results up.

Last edited by 174nana on Apr 17, 2016, 1:42:48 AM
What's there to misunderstand?

First you say you don't have time to hard-cast or do anything else. Then you say you're thinking of adding a third attack/trap because you DO have time to do something.
"
Starfires wrote:
What's there to misunderstand?

First you say you don't have time to hard-cast or do anything else. Then you say you're thinking of adding a third attack/trap because you DO have time to do something.

Putting down more minions besides clones is just something I am considering but not yet tested as I don't think the gap between that 1-2 seconds of keep up clones is enough time for anything else.

IMO, instead of giving my clones say 30% more damage from EE by taking time to attack and proc it, why not put down more extra minions eg. SRS, which will gain the benefits of 3 auras (when I have 3 auras up). Would that make the damage much higher in total?

Your feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info