Ascendancy points can be rewarded out of Labyrinth. Lab is forced just to have a build

Hi,

Personal reason: I find lab boring. Probably nothing wrong with the lab itself, forcing me to boredom three times everytime I reroll is my problem.
Logical reason: The logical point would be, I have to overlevel and run lab so that I have a build going on. I think I should be the other way around (and that is If I want to run lab).

My preferred solution;
* Make ascendancy points just like other quest rewards,

Alternative solutions in case you insist on making me run around traps and find switches and keys so that I can have a build going on;
* Make ascendancy points account-bound: if I do lab with one character then I don't have to run it again three times for rerolled chars in the same account.
* Doing the 6 trials gives the char ascendancy points as reward: so that I can have a build and then I can decide for myself whether I wanna run lab or not.

Note: Difficulty level and rewards other than ascendancy points in lab is another topic. You can put whatever reward you like behind lab, I don't mind.
Just like atziri, make it so it drops more or some specific loot, that's fine.
But I dont have to kill atziri over and over just to have a build.

Edit;
In case some people think that I opened this thread cause lab is hard or something like that.
Let me say this; I liked it when the game is challenging.
I loved it when an invasion boss killed me in act1 normal, and getting scared at the first sight of OP invasion bosses. And I still remember invasion league with love :)

if you look at it, the lab is different then the whole game itself.
And ascendancy gated behind it is my problem.

Selçuk
Last edited by selcuk on Apr 14, 2016, 2:44:08 PM
Last bumped on Apr 17, 2016, 5:34:09 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Suggested several times, won't happen. Personally, I don't like Act4, I still have to play it to get to the next difficulty.

And no, you do not have to overlevel. If you have a good build and know what you are doing, you can do it at the appropriate level (and even nicely level in the lab). If you have a sketchy build that is hard to level to begin with, like I had on my last build (cast on crit), then yes, you have to overlevel.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Since so many people are upset about this, I figure a good compromise would be this: When you complete a lab, you get the ascendancy points from any lower labyrinth levels.

For example, if you complete normal, you get 2 points. If you do cruel without doing normal, you get 4 points. If you just do merciless, you get 6 points all at once.

It's the same thing they did for all the standard characters so they wouldn't have to run the trials and lab a million times. The benefit is that you can get points in lower levels if you need them, but you can also just save them all until the end if you want, and you only HAVE to run the lab once.
"
Maswasnos wrote:
Since so many people are upset about this, I figure a good compromise would be this: When you complete a lab, you get the ascendancy points from any lower labyrinth levels.

For example, if you complete normal, you get 2 points. If you do cruel without doing normal, you get 4 points. If you just do merciless, you get 6 points all at once.

It's the same thing they did for all the standard characters so they wouldn't have to run the trials and lab a million times. The benefit is that you can get points in lower levels if you need them, but you can also just save them all until the end if you want, and you only HAVE to run the lab once.

This really isn't acceptable, its the solution they did for standard to make it easier on players that had many many characters they wanted to ascend, but this just removes the pressure of doing the lab 3 times per character, not only that it also removes the trials as well from normal\cruel. Most players, especially ones that hate the lab would just pay to get carried in merciless if this is the case. That isn't improving anything its just giving the cry babies something easier.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
GGG said the labyrinth is apropiate in a podcast. If you want to keep asking, go ahead, but it seems futile at this point.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Hi

You want Asc. pts?

DO THE LAB...

GGG seems super stuck on this stance, otherwise I would suggest perhaps players get to lvl 100 and then they are rewarded with asc. pts, but hopefully you will see at this point that its simpler to just do a couple lab runs and skip merci lab, 4 pts is moar then enough. You could even wait till your lvl 90+ then do cruel and norm lab, EAZY PEEZY.

Did someone type futile?

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
I do like Labyrinth as a requirement to pick which Ascendency class you get, so you have to complete it once with every character, but having an alternate method to fill out the Ascendency points seems alright with me. A vendor recipe like what we have for respeccing bandits is something I could envision as an alternate method to gain the rest of your Ascendency points.

In terms of trials, I firmly believe that should be once per league*difficulty (so 18 trials per league). I think it still accomplishes the goal of keeping players exploring the zones, especially for players that make only 1 character where it still plays the same. This only effects people that make multiple characters. In much the same way Standard league characters were offered free trials due to sheer volume of characters- a vanishing requirement makes sense in leagues after it is done once (per league*difficulty).
"
Char1983 wrote:
Suggested several times, won't happen. Personally, I don't like Act4, I still have to play it to get to the next difficulty.

And no, you do not have to overlevel. If you have a good build and know what you are doing, you can do it at the appropriate level (and even nicely level in the lab). If you have a sketchy build that is hard to level to begin with, like I had on my last build (cast on crit), then yes, you have to overlevel.

And I hate Act 2, but I want my bandit reward. Unlike Lab, you can't bypass it and move on. Saying you HAVE to do lab for a viable build is BS, I understand it's desired and used in defining your build. It is very integral to most builds we are designing now, but difficulty didn't change in the game, and the game was not rebalanced around the ascendency power creep. I know I probably sound like a broken record, but this has been discussed many times. (discussed is sugarcoating it, heated shouting matches is probably more accurate) If you really hate it, don't run it and let GGGs data show them how many people ignore labyrinth because the ascendancy isn't worth their time ..... but that probably wont happen.

As to the solution of only doing it once in merciless, then do you also want all 3 grandaddy crab rewards for only doing that in merciless? It isn't how the game is designed. Standard got an exception to the rule because it's assumed you would do the lab as you progress through the game, and all those characters have done so.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
GGG said the labyrinth is apropiate in a podcast. If you want to keep asking, go ahead, but it seems futile at this point.

link please, also be a sweetheart and give a timestamp too.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Claiohm1708 wrote:
As to the solution of only doing it once in merciless, then do you also want all 3 grandaddy crab rewards for only doing that in merciless? It isn't how the game is designed. Standard got an exception to the rule because it's assumed you would do the lab as you progress through the game, and all those characters have done so.

I'm not suggesting a cheap alternative, only an option to quiet the ones who complain endlessly about the lab. If it's cheap enough to funnel anyone with an inkling of tolerance away from playing the lab then its too cheap. Let's use this as a starting point:
2 Divine Orb + 1 Blessed Orb + 20% Q unique item = 2 Ascendancy Points
(recipe cannot be used to select your Ascendency class, only to fill out points on difficulties where lab has not been completed)

You already pointed out how Lab is unique in that it can be skipped during progression. You also acknowledged that if it is (as was the case with standard), then returning to do it 3 times outside of the progression is no longer something that should be expected. Taking both those statements together, it is inconsistent that you then come back and say it must be done 3 times through progression. It negates both of your previous statements in one fell swoop.
Last edited by PolarisOrbit on Apr 14, 2016, 3:29:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info