[2.4 Video Guide] Righteous Fire, Vaal Molten Shell Build Guide (Large AoE) [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

thnks for the info
Is there any room to add Vulnerability to the curse on hit link, and if so what would you remove in favour of it?
Cyclone - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Vulnerability
Fortify linked to some movement skill

Doedre's Ring for +1 curse.
"
morterion wrote:
Cyclone - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Vulnerability
Fortify linked to some movement skill

Doedre's Ring for +1 curse.

Are you using this yourself, and if so how do you like it?
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
germano003 wrote:
So, here's my gear. What i suppose to upgrade first? I'm at level 70 now

I would find a way to have "add lightning damage" as well.

Also, if I am not mistaken, a high quality Elemental Weakness is better than Flammability as well. Also makes your friends happier if they are running other elements.
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Oct 4, 2016, 7:36:55 AM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
"
germano003 wrote:

Also, if I am not mistaken, a high quality Elemental Weakness is better than Flammability as well. Also makes your friends happier if they are running other elements.

Yeah, I just switched both rings. I'm at 80 now, with 5.8k HP

"
germano003 wrote:
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
"
germano003 wrote:

Yeah, I just switched both rings. I'm at 80 now, with 5.8k HP

Cool :) I might have been mistaken a bout elemental weakness, seems it now just caps short of 1% lower resistance reduction then flammability at 20 quality. Still nice enough if you like to party up, but otherwise Flammability is better by a small margin.

Just fleshed out my own build a bit like this:

6.6k hp now, at level 88. Resistances is more than enough to deal with any elemental weakness, and i still got crafting room on some gear to spare.

Now that I am close to 90, I am wondering if I should try and aim for either "Heart of Flame" or "Tireless" as my long term end goals for skill points. More straight damage is pretty good, but an additional 20% health is also very valuable for this build. By level 100 I should have both... but I am likely to start a new character project before that :)
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Oct 6, 2016, 8:25:13 AM
Just out of curiosity, sorry if it seems a dumb question...but why Vaal Molten Shell over Regular Molten Shell? The later I can use it at will for a boost in face of dire monster packs, while the Vaal version requires some mad numbers of souls to use. I can barely use Vaal one, so far (at level 69) and had a way better gameplay experience with the regular Molten Shell. Anyone can shed any light here?
First: Thank you LiftingNerdBro for creating this guide. It added some definite insight to what to put into a RF build. It is definitely faster than my previous (Blood dance for frenzy regen, love it!). Just took down the Pale Council for the first time today.

"

Just out of curiosity, sorry if it seems a dumb question...but why Vaal Molten Shell over Regular Molten Shell? The later I can use it at will for a boost in face of dire monster packs, while the Vaal version requires some mad numbers of souls to use. I can barely use Vaal one, so far (at level 69) and had a way better gameplay experience with the regular Molten Shell. Anyone can shed any light here?

As far as Vaal Molten Shell, it did not seem that great to me either until I started entering maps that had a significantly large size to monster packs (Such as Apex of Sacrifice). Molten shell just explodes once..and the benefit is gone..and this could happen quickly! The Vaal version can explode many times during its duration, and the life leech can help mitigate the damage even further (especially if it explodes in rapid fire). Granted if you can't get souls to use for a fight (Pale Council, Labyrinth) the normal one could be better.
"
Lightpaw wrote:
First: Thank you LiftingNerdBro for creating this guide. It added some definite insight to what to put into a RF build. It is definitely faster than my previous (Blood dance for frenzy regen, love it!). Just took down the Pale Council for the first time today.

"

As far as Vaal Molten Shell, it did not seem that great to me either until I started entering maps that had a significantly large size to monster packs (Such as Apex of Sacrifice). Molten shell just explodes once..and the benefit is gone..and this could happen quickly! The Vaal version can explode many times during its duration, and the life leech can help mitigate the damage even further (especially if it explodes in rapid fire). Granted if you can't get souls to use for a fight (Pale Council, Labyrinth) the normal one could be better.

Yes, pretty much this. It is fantastic in those cases where you really need more defense in face of a lot of enemies, or fast attacking bosses, and the life leech helps out. Consider it a boss helper.

Other options are of course viable, the doon 30 level iron will support can make other spells useful when you got lots of strength (plus RF gives you nice spell bonus).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info