[2.3 - PSC]Gladiator Cleave(Lacerate) Block/Dodge build - Budget/Atziri/Tier 14/15 maps down

"
Miazga wrote:
very nice idea.

Have you ever think about making a crit version of this build?
Of course using the wings, cause they are cool (i dont know why people hate them, cause i like them a lot:D)

I've thought about it and in the previous league it was possible with 2 Varunastras since there are few extra nodes for one-handed weapons/swords that give crit.

Now for this league I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that it should be possible.
Basically neck and rings should give a lot of crit(as much as possible). Twin Terrors, Heartseeker and Eagle Eye nodes must be taken + in the blue gloves slot you should put Assassin's Mark curse to generate Power Charges and get the extra power charge from Alira Merciless.

With these things alone I believe that the crit should be decent, but sadly I don't think you can reach something like 60-70% simply because WoE have a 5%crit base. In order to do that you will have to replace the Increased Area of effect gem with crit gem. I'm not sure how that will affect the clearing speed. On one side you will have less area of effect, but on the other when you crit generally mobs should die from Herald of Ash effect.

But on second though if you also use crit Helm and Gloves it should be enough. You won't be able to run Arctic Armor(which doesn't matter), but instead you can use some other support gem like Blind to increase surviviability.

Note:One-handed crit nodes don't work because WoE is a two-handed weapon, so sadly we can't use those nodes.
Last edited by Xingbairong on Jun 6, 2016, 4:26:49 PM
Is it possible to just wear a bringer of rain for an easy 7 link since they usually don't cost that much at the start of a new league? Save some currency from buying a chest and helm and save up for some more expensive items later on down the line?
"
Genkai wrote:
Is it possible to just wear a bringer of rain for an easy 7 link since they usually don't cost that much at the start of a new league? Save some currency from buying a chest and helm and save up for some more expensive items later on down the line?

Shouldn't be an issue. Worst case scenarion you won't be able to do some gem setup due to the lack of sockets like for example you might have to skip on CWDT>ImmortalCall>Increased Duration>MoltenShell and instead do it without Molten Shell or skip it altogether.

But generally using crappy gear is still good enough to start things rolling. At the moment I'm doing this build again since it's cheap and it's easy to farm maps with and once I have enough currency I'll try another build.
At the momemt my gear is as follow

My damage is 32-40k(lvl 71) with this gear. By level 80 I assume it will be in the 50k range without changing any of the gear.
In fact the only thing I need at the moment is to replace the mana flask which I don't use it at all with Rumi's or Atziri's Promise and perhaps the belt if I find good phys dmg belt with a lot of life.

Btw as you can see from my current gem linking, I'm not using any CWDT setup yet and in fact all the gems in the boots/gloves/helm can do without being linked. Basically only the the 5l chest matters and literally just now I linked the weapon so that I can curse with Leap Slam. That's all that you need till you get to like tier 10-11 maps in my opinion.

Boots, gloves and belt were found by me so they costed me nothing. Rings, Neck, Helm, Weapon and Chest all costed me 1c each. Note the chest was unlinked/2 socketed, however I had the prophecy that I'll 5l with a Jewellers's Orb, so I bought the chest for 1c, used 1 jewel(lucky I guess since some people need more) to get the 5s5l and 1chrome to get the 4red/1green :P.
Last edited by Xingbairong on Jun 8, 2016, 6:50:49 PM
Was hoping you can offer me some advice. Got a 78 Gladiator that's only putting out 27k DPS via this build and I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction gear wise to increase that.

SS of Defensive Stats below followed by items and flasks.

"
Talairina wrote:
Was hoping you can offer me some advice. Got a 78 Gladiator that's only putting out 27k DPS via this build and I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction gear wise to increase that.

SS of Defensive Stats below followed by items and flasks.

Well it would be nice if you can replace the rings with rigns that give physical damage. Would be nice if there is attack speed and/or accuracy on them since that will boost your damage as well.
Also unless I'm wrong you should be able to craft your belt with increased elemental damage which should give you some extra damage.
Also change your Wings of Entrophy. Your is 101% increased physical damage. Look for 116-120%. A 120% one have 307 damage while yours have 283. That alone will probably give you another couple of k damage.
Also if you can link me your tree I'll see if you can adjust it a bit. Around that level there are different ways you can go. Although I've given a general idea some times picking other nodes and respecing later is better.
I can see that you aren't capped on resistance, so I assume you haven't taken all the resistance nodes. If you take them it will free you from picking high res rings and it will make it easier to pick the right rings.

Overall by replacing the weapon and the rings you will get roughly about 50 more physical damage which will rocket your damage. Also after I see your tree I'll probably be able to tweak it a bit to make it more effective.

Btw once you cap yourself on resistance get the the instant recovery health flasks. It will make your survivale a lot easier :)

You can also use a resistence helm for now to make your life easier and later you can use Alpha's Howl. What's more you can craft intelligence on the helm though if you aren't using Increased Area Damage/Conc Effect you don't really need that much intelligence, so you can skip that for now.
I personally use Arctic Armor at the higher levels simply because I can, but generally it's not an issue if you don't use it.
Last edited by Xingbairong on Jun 16, 2016, 12:17:25 PM
No idea why it double posted. "Embarrased"
Last edited by Xingbairong on Jun 16, 2016, 12:32:08 PM
I've picked up a new ring linked below. Working on grabbing a 120% Wings and another Ring with Physical, Attack Speed and Accuracy. Also below is my current Tree.

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQHcBLEFLQaLCVgKJgxzDY0R1RPJG60g4yFgI9Mj9i5TMHExnjWSNe831DpCOuE67UMxRJ5Hfkp9SshLeEz_TZJN404qUUdTu1eXW69fOV_aYEFhIWNwZU1lp2zYbmluqm8nbzt07XfjeA1673sUe8OBQYLkhNmE74dqh3aKr4rwjX2Nv49gkBGVZpXMmmqbLaOKplepbqmUrlCwq7GztfK9Nr54vqe_1cAawYvEgtNv0_zUI9X42L3awdun3ajjn-0_7g7yRflj_MX-Cv5r_o8=
Last edited by Talairina on Jun 16, 2016, 9:20:51 PM
"
Talairina wrote:
I've picked up a new ring linked below. Working on grabbing a 120% Wings and another Ring with Physical, Attack Speed and Accuracy. Also below is my current Tree.

Passive Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAQHcBLEFLQaLCVgKJgxzDY0R1RPJG60g4yFgI9Mj9i5TMHExnjWSNe831DpCOuE67UMxRJ5Hfkp9SshLeEz_TZJN404qUUdTu1eXW69fOV_aYEFhIWNwZU1lp2zYbmluqm8nbzt07XfjeA1673sUe8OBQYLkhNmE74dqh3aKr4rwjX2Nv49gkBGVZpXMmmqbLaOKplepbqmUrlCwq7GztfK9Nr54vqe_1cAawYvEgtNv0_zUI9X42L3awdun3ajjn-0_7g7yRflj_MX-Cv5r_o8=

So I don't see anything wrong with the tree. It's pretty much how I'd do it. I do think that you have missed some skill points from quests though.
In Act 1 there are 3 skill points from these 3 quests - The Dweller of the Deep, The Marooned Mariner, The Way Forward(to complete this one you need to go to act 2 western forest follow the end of the road and once you are done go back to act 1 to turn it in).
Act 2 there is only 1 skill point which is from the bandits. Generally you would take Oak on normal and take 2 skill points on the other 2. Later you can change 1 of the skill points of attack speed or physical damage depending on what you need from Cruel). In order to switch from skill point to helping Oak or Kraityn you will need to pay 20 orbs of regret + onyx amulet to Eramir in town.
Act 3 have 3 skill points - Victario's Secrets, Piety's Pets
Act 4 have 1 skill point - An Indomitable Spirit
You can write in chat /passives to see if you are missing. Generally you should have a total of 23 at your level.

Now about the skill tree. With the next 2 skill points I would suggest you take Finesse
After that I suggest taking Duality
After that you can take either Berserking or Acuity

Now regarding gear. The ring you picked is ok, but since it doesn't have any life I'd really suggest that you pick a helm with life and resistence for now and later when you get better gear switch to Alpha's Howl and/or switch the boots. Truth be told they aren't bad, but all you are getting from them is a bit of damage and some movement speed, but once you have enough attack speed nodes you will be mostly Leaping around so it's not that relavent. I'd suggest life+res boots for now and later you can choose some unique if you want.
Also for the other ring if you are planning on getting accuracy this time take a ring that gives let's say 150-200 accuracy rating(not increased %, but flat number).If it can give 300+ it would be better but it will be too expensive. You don't have to look for a ring that gives accuracy, phys dmg and attack speed since such a ring would be too expensive if it has life, so instead search for either life+phys damage+attack speed or life+phys damage+accuracy rating.

Btw on your Wings you should look for the elemental damage as well. Although it won't really increase your damage by a lot it will still give you a bit of boost. Try to aim for 114-118 elemental damage(that's the fire damage on the weapon). Chaos is irrelavent.

Also 1 tip for leveling. You don't need to do high level maps at your level. I would suggest you pick tier 5-6-7 maps and just clear them fast. In few hours you can be 85-88 which will boost your damage a lot since all the nodes that you are taking from now on increase the damage a lot.

Also use poe.trade and buy the following gems with quality at least 16% and level them up. - Cleave, Multistrike, Melee Phys Damage, Faster Attacks, Blood Rage, Increased Area and Conc Effect for when you get 6 link. You can also take Added Fire Damage, but it's not that important for now.
Note when I say buy I mean if they are cheap. I just did a quick search and I saw 20 quality Cleave for 2c, 19 quality for 1c... Basically it's cheap and you definitely need it. 20 Quality Cleave gives 10% increased attack speed for example.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Sorry that it's a bit long and haphazard, but while I was writing I was just remembering for some extra stuff that can help you out.
Hello,

nice build, but can you recomment some leveling unique items, which are helping to lvl faster?
And with which gem we shoud lvl until lvl 60 or so?

Gambler92
"
Gambler92 wrote:
Hello,

nice build, but can you recomment some leveling unique items, which are helping to lvl faster?
And with which gem we shoud lvl until lvl 60 or so?

Gambler92

Well for weapons generally any unique sword/axe would do the trick like for example Redbeak Rusted Sword then you can replace it at level 10 with The Princess Sabre at level 16/17 with Dreadarc Cleaver or Aurumvorax Basket Rapier, level 29 Relentless Fury Decorative Axe, level 39 Moonbender's Wing Tomahawk, level 43 Daresso's Passion Estoc. After that around level I usually get lucky and find some weapon while leveling, but you can also use Prismatic Eclipse Twilight Blade at level 53 up to level 60 at which point you will equip Wings of Enthropy.
Note: You will be dual weilding, so you will need 2 of each of those, though of course if you are short on currency you can make do with just 1.(You need only 1 Wings of Enthropy though!)
As for other type of items like chests, rings etc...basically just using the crap that you get while leveling is good enough.
If you can you should get a Goldrim Leather Cap. That's a great leveling item which you will probably repalce in Merciless.

Now regarding gems. For leveling pick Cleave. If you have 2 sockets use Added Fire Damage. When you have 3 sockets use either Melee Physical Damage or Faster Attacks, basically whatever colour you have. For 4 links use those 4. Later when you 5 link obviously use Multistrike.
Note: If you have the currency I would suggest that you buy quality gems and use them from level 1. The main gems you need are Cleave, Meleee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Blood Rage. Those are the ones that you gain the most from when they have quality on them.
Also if you aren't used quality gems you shouldn't worry about leveling gems because generally you can buy gems at your needed level from vendors while leveling. The game is made in such a way that generally if you need a gem they would usually be sold around your level or to be more preciuse your gems are around the vendors level. So for example you find a 4L socket in Cruel 2nd Act. Your gems at that part of the game will be probably level 9 or best case scenario level 10. Well the vendor sells level 9 gems there, so if you have been using up till now let's say Cleave>Added Fire Damage>Faster Attacks and now you want to buy Melee Physical Damage, that gem will be level 9 which is the same as the rest or almost the same(if you have grinded a bit more in the previous zones).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info