Development Manifesto: Performance

"
TwelveYears wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
I was supposed to be first reply but i encountered weather effect and I lagged
Spoiler

Ps: good job on all the rest! It's just sad that you insist so much on imposing something that breaks the immersion, claiming that you keep it for immersion

Not GGGs fault you run a potato. Im sure there are settings you can use.

1) the first line was a joke
2) my comp is far from a potatoe
3) even GGG admitted that their engine is the cause of random bad performances

Now please remove ur fanboy goggles
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 6, 2016, 7:56:26 AM
awesome guys. Keep up the good work. Maybe a teaser for act 5 would be nice to see.
+1
I wonder if they waited five days to announce for not mess with a April Fools' Day joke
Last edited by Sugarshow on Apr 6, 2016, 1:27:38 PM
"
treffnix wrote:
And there are still fat bugs which have no relation to performance. For example, every time I pick up a lab quest item (key or trinket), my client crashes with an invalid memory access exception. So, the lab is impossible for me, because even on days when no golden key is required, Izaro drops keys on his final death and *boom*, client crashes.
You can't tell me this is a problem on my side. It's a coding issue with these lab quest items.

To me it does sound like the problem is on your side. I'm not a programmer, but if it has trouble accessing memory, I think there may be an issue with your copy of the game having corrupted files.
Last edited by Pearsome on Apr 6, 2016, 3:41:45 PM
rapaz que loucura nao
So who drew the short straw and has to work on performance issues? While we love you for it, it sounds dull. I would rather be working on the new skill "Projectile Echo" or the new passive tree keystone "Minions can carry Mines".
It sounds like you are working on the right track. However, I still wonder if there's any hope that the Perandus chest loads will operate smoothly during this league. My rig is only a year old and ran POE without problem until this league. In fact, it runs fine until a perandus chest/mobs load into my zone, and then my FPS meter bottoms out. I'd say this was just my bad luck, however, after doing some research and talking to others I've found this is not the case. In any case, it also appears that you aren't going to be addressing that issue, though it is an issue for many, many players. So, I am regretfully sitting out the rest of the league. I am not able to buy expensive computerware, nor can I replace my gear every season to make up for the large numbers of glitzy shine and glitter mobs loading into a zone all at once. Hopefully, this is something that you will resolve. I've donated regularly to the game and hope to be able to play once the league ends.
Gimme my Soul back ,God Damn it !!!
"
Pearsome wrote:
"
treffnix wrote:
And there are still fat bugs which have no relation to performance. For example, every time I pick up a lab quest item (key or trinket), my client crashes with an invalid memory access exception. So, the lab is impossible for me, because even on days when no golden key is required, Izaro drops keys on his final death and *boom*, client crashes.
You can't tell me this is a problem on my side. It's a coding issue with these lab quest items.

To me it does sound like the problem is on your side. I'm not a programmer, but if it has trouble accessing memory, I think there may be an issue with your copy of the game having corrupted files.

Hi! Thanks for answering. But I already fully re-installed. After I ran the packchecker. Nope. And it's too easily reproducable to be a bug in HW.
May your maps be bountiful, exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info