Performance Improvements

I love posts (from any software company) on performance, hardware, and sys reqs. Very important stuff.

"
On Windows XP, this is especially slow.

If you're on XP, it's time to get the f..k off. That's a joke. A 15 year old OS! (and yes, I know in China it's super popular still, because it's so easy to pirate).
Last edited by Tindraa on Apr 6, 2016, 8:41:52 AM
I'm very very happy about those memory changes.. I always had massive trouble with the game just crashing when entering zones because it run out of memory. In order to play for longer than 20 minutes i had to use the --nopreload thingy which cause a lot of problem with how smooth the game was, a lot of fps drops and so on.. Recently in the last performance patch I could already see some improvement in how the game works.. So yeah I'm really happy to here that there will be more changes in this "lane".

POTATO PCS FOR THE WIN.
Great post. I love how you treat us like adult customers even though we are pretty much just using your free product. I lub you GGG!
"
We're currently working on switching to the FMOD audio system, which is an excellent commercial audio engine. This will both offer client performance improvements, but also hopefully reduce memory usage by allowing us to keep audio files in a compressed state in memory. We expect to release this improvement alongside the 2.3.0 challenge league.

OMFG THANK GOD, THANK YOU!
"
bootdisk wrote:
Hello GGG :)

GGG, giving a brief look over your post it is clear whats needs to be done to solve the issues - more master servers, more gateways.

Advantages
- Less load on the servers and the gateways (since they are more and you have more “horsepower”). Hopeful you are using some kind of clustering in Active-Active configuration .
- Diversifications – more network operators, so if one of the servers has issues, people can switch to the other gateway – or even something automatic like NLB.

Drawbacks:
- Invest more in IT management
- Expensive
- Harder and more time consuming deploys

It is quite simple and doable :D

its one of that wired endless loop scenarios, they do not have enough money to invest in better servers/more devs...stuffs that can improve game to be more enjoyable and run smoother, yet all that stuffs will increase their income drastically.bet there is ton of players that do not really wanna spend money inhere when you getting "punished" by the game on random basis
I hope (with the 64bit client) that we will have option to have all assets stored in RAM from the client start. I don't care about the initial load, ingame load times while zoning would decrease because of this, non-SSD users would have better experience - having in mind, those who have 16GB RAM most likely have an SSD installed).

Anyway, best performance in this game is without using any MTX on your char, disabled sound and predictive mode. Too bad you will loose to much by doing this. Maybe having filter sound process as external tool, i would be able to bear the lact of spell sounds.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
u had me at 64bit THANK YOU :)
I appreciate these kinds of posts GGG. The Path of Exile community are also its shareholders, and these posts let us know what the company is doing to keep it growing.

Thanks GGG
you guys are the best! i started playing a month ago. this is clearly one of the best games ever! the team behind it is awesome and the gaming community is unbelievably friendly and cool.

keep up the amazing work
Love the transparency :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info