[2.2] Crit Elemental Cyclone "ElCyTrick" | 300k+ dps | 15k eva | relatively cheap

Hi Exiles,

after so many years i'd like to share my build with all of you. It is my first build thread and i`m by far not a professional.
You might be able to get more out of it, but for me it works really well.

It`s my version of an Crit Elemental Cyclone and i have a lot of fun with it.
The Build is not new and exists since Cyclone was implemented in the game ;) So it`s not that i invented something new but i thought to give it a try.
But till now i didn't see any Cyclone only Builds for 2.2.

The core of the Build is using the advantage of the Trickster Ascendancy Class. Now we can sustain Cyclone with all damage mods without even thinking of mana or life problems.
That said we freeing up gem slots which before were most of the times used with the blood magic gem.
By saying that you get also really nice defense and offensive stats from Trickster Class.

The Build is doable with a Sword or a Dagger. So if you have one use it ;) Yes even with a sword. ;)
For me it feels better with a Sword and i`m playing right now with a sword ^^

My Char is still 85 and i have to level it more but till now i`m having a blast. I will get it more levels

Edit @ Level 90
A little update to where my build is now.
Without perfect jewels i reached almost these actually stats:

- 4.9k Life
- 16k evasion
- 10 Attacks per second
- 53% Crit chance (no charges)
- 121k dps in my hideout

Pros
- Build is designed for doing all the fancy poe stuff with little investments
- High Level Map clearing
- 4Link usable till very late endgame
- massive amount of evasion
- Versatile Build can be played 1-H Shield, Dual Wield and both with Dagger or Swords
- No need for ultra expensive Items

Cons
- Intelligence / Strengh can be a bit tricky to get (Int requirement for wrath and HoT)
- Reflect is an issue
- depening on gear it`s a little tricky to get the right colors

Here is my passive tree for this build with Sword and Shield.
You find the passive tree for the Dagger Variant at the bottom of the thread.
Made some adjustments to the tree.

Passive

Final Build 118 Points Sword (actually i play this)
poeurl.com/BD8

I got really lucky by chroming my Evasion Chest. So i can use it. I found the Weapon through playing another Char so i don't had to buy it.
The rest was filled up with things laying around. I bought only the "unset ring" but it's not mandatory to have one.
My Gear isn`t perfect at all and can be much better if i can get flat elemental damage on my rings or amulet.

My Gear

Ignore the gems in here. Under Gems & Links you will find the exact combination ;)

Because of coloring your gear you can swap the places where to put your gems. Some of my gear can also be changed so it is easier to color it.
Just keep in mind that you check the "Gear Discussion" and the end to get some information what to get on your gear.

Well you will see, that i`m using ICD over Inc AoE or Lightning pen. You could use both of them if you like to have them. Lightning pen usally helps more if you wont crit and Inc AoE is a nice to have but the radius doesn`t increase so much with it because we don`t spec into AoE nodes on the tree. It helps a little but for me it isn`t worth it on higher maps. For low level clearing it`s defenetly an option. Keep that in mind...

Gems & Links

Cyclone Setup
Chest Piece (BBBGGR)

4L: BGGR
Cyclone + Weapon Elemental Damage + Added Lightning + Faster Attacks

5L: BBGGR
Cyclone + Weapon Elemental Damage + Added Lightning + Faster Attacks + Inc. Crit. Strikes
- Swich Added Lightning or Inc. Crit. Strikes with Conc effect if you need single target boost

6L: BBBGGR
Cyclone + Weapon Elemental Damage + Added Lightning + Faster Attacks + Inc. Crit. Strikes + Inc. Crit. Damage
- Swich Inc. Crit. Damage with Concentrated effect, it will boost your dps to the sky on Bosses

Aura Setup
Gloves
4L: (BBBG)
Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Assassins Mark + Herald of Ice

Defense Setup 1
Helmet
4L: (BGR X)
Vaal Grace + Increased Duration + Wrath + free

Defense Setup 2
Boots
4L: (GRRR)
Vaal Haste + Increased Duration + Cast when damage take (lvl8) + Immortal Call (10)

Whirling Blades Setup
Shield
3L: (GGR)
Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify

In terms of flasks i advise of getting a vinktar. Gives us a damage boost and leech in certain situations specially a reflect mob.

Flasks

- 2x Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching
- 1x Perpetual Jade Flask of Grounding
- 1x Vessel of Vinktar (Get on with Addes Lightning damage to attacks)
- 1x Chemist/Perpetual Quicksilver Flask of Warding

Bandits

Normal = Help Oak: +40 maximum life
Cruel = Help Kraityn: 8% Attack speed
Merciless = Help Alira: +1 Power Charge

Remember it's only a suggestion how to level this build. If you have a good way to level a character, then you can do it.
I leveled this char till 35 with Blade vortex and then i switched to cyclone with a tabula.
I`ll picked around 65 the other Ascendancy nodes. "Ghost Dance" then "Shade Form"

Leveling

Level 1-30 or so
Level with firetrap and Freeze Pulse till you get "Blade Vortex". Level with blade vortex until you "ascend" and take "Walk of the Aether".
Now you can swap to Sword if you want to but level to 30 or so then you can switch.
Don't forget to pick the other gems and level them in your 2nd weapon set!!

For Cyclone leveling i used
- Fidelitas Spike (YES. You can use it till late Level 70`s. But till then you surely find a better weapon to use.)

- At level 40 i used this one because i found it and leveled with it till 68 then i switched to my other foil.

31 Points

Grab the elemental nodes and the life nodes. Then head throuh the crit nodes and then down to herbalism. Pick up Acrobatics if you will. Helps alot through leveling

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAEV8l5f79bQ45RmMNlVLYeImlRa_idNwUioLXfIrChEvD6ttbDY9napsjGKstMXC7AW1jb9RRzB8jX0j9k2SCSCjo9QjAAA=

Map Mods

Most of the Map mods are doable. I think you should take care of some monster damage maps specially with some bosses like jungle valley or torture chamber. But without dangerous mods it shouldn't be a problem.

- Reflect: well we are fully elemental so thats a no go or extremly squishy
- Blood Magic: just deactivate your auras and then go.
- Minus Max: Be careful on reflect
- Vulnerability: Pay attention on corrupting blood and chaos damage

Atziri

Can you do atziri with this?
Answer: Yes, even with a 4L. I`ll make a video of it. Only Trio can be a bit of a pain if you don't take care. :)

Here are some stats to check for you:

- 159% Life (without jewels)
- 186% Evasion Rating
- 211% with buff
- 4 Jewel Sockets
- 4 Power Charges, 6 Frenzy Charges
- 10.31 Attacks per second (Cyclone)

Stat Pictures

Global

Offensive Stats

Defensive Stats

4L Stats @85

4L w/o Charges

4L w Charges, Vaal Haste, Blood Rage, Vinktars

4L w Charges and Conc Effect, Vaal Haste, Blood Rage, Vinktars

6L Stats @85

6L w/o Charges

6L w Charges, Vaal Haste, Blood Rage, Vinktars

6L w Charges and Conc Effect, Vaal Haste, Blood Rage, Vinktars

6L Stats @90

6L w/o Charges

6L w Charges, Vaal Haste, Blood Rage, Vinktars

6L w Charges and Conc Effect, Vaal Haste, Blood Rage, Vinktars

Here you find the passive tree for the Dagger Build.
I tested it and it's defenitly playable and you have a more crit and almost the same Evasion Rationg overall.

Dagger Variant

Final Build 115 Points Dagger
poeurl.com/BmJ

As i mentioned in the beginning, this build is versatile and you can choose a variant of different gear.
The big thing is that you get as much evasion as you can get on your gear.
Then go for life, res, wed. Keep in mind that you`ll need int on your gear as well. Wrath needs 155 int on level 20!!

Gear Choice Tips

Helmet

On Helmets there are some possibilities for you to check.

- Rats Nest (Best in Slot)
Super high crit chance paired with high amount of evasion and Attack Speed

- Devoto's Devotion
Nice attack speed boost and Chaos resistance with high amount of attack speed. Would only recommend it if you have high amount of crit chance on your other gear.

- Alpha's Howl
If you wanna get more dps for your Aura you can put on this helmet. If you put Wrath on it it will grant a level 22 Wrath which increases our damage more.
Also it has nice evasion and you cannot be freezed. I didnt have one yet to test it out if the 8% mana reservation would do something for us.

- Any Rare Helmets
Every Evasion Based Helmet would do it but you sacrifice needed crit chance and attack speed.
1. Life: 80+ maximum life
2. Evasion: 500+ Evasion Rating overall
3. Resistance: 2 Elemental Resistances or more if you can afford it
4. Intelligence: Get as much if you need it

Body Armour

Well our chest piece gives a nice boots to our Evasion and also our life pool. which is definetly needed in higher tier maps.
But even here you have a couple of choices ;)

- Lightning Coil

Well one of the best mitigating Chest out there.
- Flat damage
- high life
- good evasion
- Nothing more to say ;)

- Carcass Jack
Great for increasing the AoE of Cyclone and adding more damage. This is the easiest one for getting the right colors!
- Evasion
- Life
- Resistances

- Queen of the Forest
Its definitly a nice chest. The movement speed penalty should`nt be much because we have a massive amount of evasion so we can possible negate this effect.
- Life
- Evasion
- Resistances

- Hyrri`s Ire

Compared to the other one i think that more life and resists from the other chests are better.
- Elemental damage
- Evasion
- Dodge and Spell Dodge

Boots

First of all i`m not using Atziri's Step becaus i can't get my resistances capped with them.

- Atziri's Step
Only would use it if you can get your Resistances from else. But defenitly really nice boots.
- Life
- Evasion
- Movementspeed
- Spell Dodge

Gloves

- Shadows and Dust

Great for leveling and you could use them also for your endgame build. Nice crit chance and crit multi and the nice "Rampage" Mod helps really if you lacking Damage.

- Facebreaker

Well many builds use Facebreakers to increase their damage through the crit multi. Sure it`s nice and not to be underestimated and it will work even with this but i loose life, resistences and evasion.
You can use it but i think its not worth it.

Weapon

Get as much attack speed and elemental damage on your weapon. Look for 1.9 attack speed and high lightning damage rolls.
With slower attack speed it feels a little bit slower overall. Weapons with high attack speed aren`t expensive. From 1 alch to a couple of chaos.
Since we stack a lot of lightning damage we need to look for a weapon with high rolled lightning on it.

Stats you looking for:
- 1.9+ Attack speed
- 125+ elemental damage (high lightning Damage preffered)
- 6.6+ Crit Chance
- Weapon Elemental Damage (only for min-max this build)

Rings, Belt and Amulet

WED, WED, WED and of course WED :)
Get as much Weapon Elemental Damage on your items as you can get. Aim for at least 30+ for endgame content. Get Accuracy on your rings and amulet and resistances. We need to hit ;)
With WED you will boost your dps really well. But also lower stats are definetly usable.

Stats you looking for:
- Life
- Resistances
- Flat Elemental Damage (preferred lightning)
- WED 30+
- Accuracy 250+

Jewels

In terms of jewels you can choos whatever you need. The one i recommend because of a nice damage is "Static Electricity".
The other Jewels sockets you can fill with nice enhancements. Attack Speed and crit multi helps a lot.

Stats you looking for:

- Life
- Attack speed (Swords/Dagger/overall)
- Crit Multiplier (boost you dps even higher)
- Area damage (10%+)
- INT/STR if you need it (you will without good gear ;) )

Gorge just for demonstration
- -Max res
- Elemental Equilibrium
- Beyond
- Monster Life

T10 Bazaar
- No Life/Mana Reg
- -Max Res
- Monster damage
- Poison on hit
- Twinned

T12 Overgrown Ruin
- More Rares
- More Magic
- Monster Life
- Twinned

T14 Conservatory Map
- enfeeble
- Monster damage
- Monster life
- Reduced crit damage
- Poison on hit

T14 Conservatory

Please make sure to check the "Gear Choices" section if you want more info.
Feel free to ask and i try my very best to answer your questions if i can.
I hope you enjoy the build as much as i do.

Good Luck and Have Fun
j0kn0x

Last edited by j0kn0x on Apr 9, 2016, 3:30:35 PM
Last bumped on Mar 4, 2017, 9:43:21 AM

Changelog
- Adjustment to the tree
- Jewels that i use added
- Video added (Gorge Run)
- Char now Level 90 (stats added)

Changelog
- Videos added (T10, T12 and T14)
Last edited by j0kn0x on Apr 9, 2016, 3:30:49 PM
Hello i have 2 question.
1; does your glove setup even work ? curse on hit with an herald is not working togheter as i can read only ,,

and second i d'ont understand the boots setup , how do you gain endurance charge ? for immortal call
Heyo,

the answers i can give you

1)
well the Curse on Hit Setup works with Herald of Thunder when it procs. So the mobs will get hit by Herald of Thunder and they will get cursed. We are using 2 Lightning Auras and have really heavy lightning damage based gear. Witch procs Herald of Thunder alot.

The Herald of Ice only curses the enemies when you "overkill" and get the Herald of Ice effect. This will curse neaby enenmies with Assasins Mark.

2)
Well i don't get any endurance charges but immortal call even procs without any charges. It has a base duration of .4 seconds. The endurance charges only give me more time of "immortality". But even with just a "second" of phys immunity it lowers the incoming damage by a lot.

Hope this helps ;)

gl
j0kn0x
Do you think it is possible to make a non-crit variant?
"
Do you think it is possible to make a non-crit variant?

Well i think it`s doable with the amount of points. I made a tree but it`s absolutely untested so i dont know how good it will work unfortunately. You invest a bunch of points to get RT on the left side of the tree. The upside is, that you make use of the scion life wheel.

30% more life and it can even get higher a little less eva rating but its manageable. Depends on the damage you will get.

I didn`t done the math yet if the damage would be high enough. Sorry about that.

I have to test the RT Variant but i can post my tree for an RT Based build if you want. Will get to test it in standard on some shadow ^^
Maybe it is possible to get some area of effect nodes in the templar but you have to get rid of some nodes. But that is only theoretically.

But will surely test it and edit my post to let you guys know.

greets
j0kn0x
Last edited by j0kn0x on Apr 19, 2016, 4:01:00 PM
hi. This is an amazing build I'm following up right now, but I have a question. Why do we want to spend passive points in frenzy/power charges if our skills aren't using them ?
I am trying out this build as we speak and I often find myself having mana issues..
Are there any key gems or items I am missing out? In your videos you have 0 mana, which means you are using blood magic, but I can't see anywhere in the guide.
"
hi. This is an amazing build I'm following up right now, but I have a question. Why do we want to spend passive points in frenzy/power charges if our skills aren't using them ?

First of all ... nice to hear that ;)

Then to your question. The Frenzy Charges gives us a 4% attack per Frenzy charge which scales with cyclone pretty good. With more frenzy charges we "whirl" more and hit more often.
Overall we get 24% increased attack speed only from frenzy charges.
On top of that we get 4% "more" damge per frenzy charge which also gives us 24% "more" damage overall.
And last but the node near acrobatics in the ranger tree it gives us 4% Evasion per frenzy charge.
So it does make usage of it

The Powercharges gives us a nice Crit boost which is imo needed to play it smoothly. Not only the freeze/shatter helps in clear speed also the "shock on enemies" does because the mobs take 50% increased damage. The burn is sometimes usefull to give the final hit ;)

Our skills and our character benefit from theses charges. Thats why we use them. You can spec the frenzy charges later on if you want to.

"
I am trying out this build as we speak and I often find myself having mana issues..
Are there any key gems or items I am missing out? In your videos you have 0 mana, which means you are using blood magic, but I can't see anywhere in the guide.

I have no mana because i use three auras (wrath, herald of ice and herald of thunder). I can use them because of the trickster ascendancy class. With the ascendancy note "Walk the Aether" you don't spend any mana for movement skills and cyclone is tagged as "movement". Thats why you don't find any blood magic gem in my setup because it's not needed ;)
So before using cyclone i would recommend to get your 2 initial ascandency points in normal to pick "Walk the Aether". After that you never will have mana problems ;)

Hope it helps.:)
greets
j0kn0x
Last edited by j0kn0x on Apr 20, 2016, 10:22:02 AM
Ok. I understand we benefit a lot from power charges using Wrath. But how we get Frenzy charges ? I can't find the way to do it... I though about the ascendancy Swift Killer. But the build won't take that passive so... What's the point there ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info