[2.2] Low Life Tri-Curse Poison Essence Drain Occultist - Uber Viable, 10k+ ES, 40k+ DoT dps

"
Asag wrote:
What you think about Scion version with Occultist/Deadeye ascendancy?

I think it will be overperformed by a Trickster version of the build. Slightly less damage, but a lot more survivability.

"
newuser123456 wrote:
Two Questions:
1.What if i get chance to poison in passive and ditch consuming dark for a better dagger/wand?
or
What if i get pierce chance in passive and ditch pierce support gem and replace it with poison support gem so that i can ditch consuming dark?
or
What if i just simply replace rapid decay with poison and ditch the consuming dark?

Which one is the better choice or i better stick with consuming dark?
*im planning to get rid of the consuming dark because i think that +1 fire gem & chaos conversion mods is useless for ED.

2.Since poison is stacked, does is reliable if i invest in cast speed for ED?or just 1-2 stacks of poison is enough?

1. Consuming dark gives you free poison and intelligence (= some more mana and ES). And it's still a nice dagger to have, 60% spell damage isn't that bad.

Pierce support gem is very good, it gives a 29% more damage multiplier @ level 20 and 50% chance to pierce which, combined with the eventual passives in the shadow area, gives 100% pierce chance. And this is a huge quality of life improvement for an Essence Drainer, especially when doing totem maps.

Poison support gem sucks, it gives no damage multiplier and it's not really worth one gem slot when you can have poison for free. Consuming dark is still the best overall option by a large degree.

2. Sure you can invest in cast speed, but it's really not necessary. You already kill trash mobs in any map with a single combo (ed / contagion) and bosses are pretty fast too even if you can't go over 4 poison stacks with the typical cast speed this build has.

"
Crymsius wrote:
For now I put the Eldritch Knowledge Unique Cobalt jewel in the slot above the witch starting point, it gives a nice 35% increased chaos damage, not sure if it's really usefull though, haven't done the maths yet.

EK jewel is not that good, rare jewels with good mods are easily better, and they can give %ES too, not only damage.
since we are able to pick 2 more ascendancy points, which one do u suggest?

Last edited by mindlapse8 on Feb 19, 2020, 6:10:10 AM
Great build. Tried this out on Standard with similar gear and walked through everything with ease.
Trying to decide between this and Elementalist Flameblast for tomorrow, anyone play both builds and have clear speed comparisons?
"
dperls wrote:
Trying to decide between this and Elementalist Flameblast for tomorrow, anyone play both builds and have clear speed comparisons?

Solo, the difference is minimal, but if you play in party, Flameblast is way faster. The damage is just crazy even in burn immune map. Of course, you have the downside of having to channel a bit, and then reflect.

This build has a more steady pace, reflect proof and quite safe with tri curse. However, Shav is rarer nowadays in new league, so I would still prefer Flameblast.
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
"
dperls wrote:

Solo, the difference is minimal, but if you play in party, Flameblast is way faster. The damage is just crazy even in burn immune map. Of course, you have the downside of having to channel a bit, and then reflect.

This build has a more steady pace, reflect proof and quite safe with tri curse. However, Shav is rarer nowadays in new league, so I would still prefer Flameblast.

How viable is this if you never happen to find your way into a Shav's
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
"
dperls wrote:

Appreciate the insight. I'm mostly solo, but like to hop into the odd party.

Keep going back and forth. Only played RF Totem and LA last league since not playing since closed beta so looking for a little change.
"
djnat wrote:
50% chance to pierce which, combined with the eventual passives in the shadow area, gives 100% pierce chance. And this is a huge quality of life improvement for an Essence Drainer, especially when doing totem maps.

Do many people spend the extra 5 or 6 points to get the remaining 50% pierce chance? Seems like this build is tapped out for points as it is. Is your spec much different from that of the op?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jun 2, 2016, 10:19:16 PM
Update for 2.3 ????

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info