[2.4]Crit Storm Call Inquisitor build for high-tier maps (pre-nerf Core cleared) Life/CI

"
SecomniA wrote:
What do you think about Crown of Eyes Hubris Circlet with 45% reduced Storm Call Duration in CI build ?
Crown of Eyes is tbh a somewhat bad choice as the only thing it offers for the build is mediocre ES and -30 fire res. If you can offset the resist loss and can't find a Hubris to craft I guess it could suffice until a replacement is found.

Which one do you suggest dude
I did my little twist on this build with a bit of changes. I did go Mind over Matter/EB and run Warlords Mark on Blasphemy (for Boss Leech) in addition with Ghost Reaver for Leech. I use Alphas Howl to squeeze this in togehter with Double Herald and Arctic Armour. I use Doedres for dual curse since this build relies heavy on Warlords Mark beeing up.

For damage I use "Increased Critical Damage" instead of Innervate plus Facebreaker for more Dps. Im at 28k tootip dps in hideout. This is experimental for now.

Im at level 80 atm. Im at 4,5k life and 2k Es but still got alot to pick up in tree (double nodes). Playing the vanilla build before, I feel ALOT!!! more tanky now.

My Gear:

My Tree:
Planned for 92
Last edited by GornoDD on Aug 11, 2016, 3:36:11 AM
Thank you for the great build.

I'm fairly new to the game and have been trying out different classes and skills and decided I really wanted to play a lightning character. My last char was a witch and I wanted to go more classic tanky so chose templar thinking I'd go more sword and board ish/armor, which I still may mess around with for fun.

Oddly enough the skill tree I planned out was pretty close to yours even though I hadn't considered many of the synergies you have going on.

Anyway a few questions / advice...

Why aren't you grabbing Throatseeker in the skill tree? Wiki says that it is a global crit strike multiplier and that's a total 54% on the 3nodes.

Why do you not go for any lightning dmg nodes? Is it because you have so much dmg from crits and lightning dmg on jewels that it simply isn't worth sacrificing anything else?

On freezing: It seems as tho your only freeze is from Ice bite? Herald of Ice itself does not freeze on it's own right? Is the only reason for HoI to have it proc more CoH/Icebite? What am I not understanding here?

Why Warlords mark on CWdT as well as CoH? I didn't realize that CWdT could cast curses lol. Always figured that's what CoH was for silly me.

Why flame dash if you already are using whirling blades? What am I missing?

Have you considered any unique weapons or do they all come up short for you compared to the dagger? The reason I ask is for me on a budget I can buy something like a Divinarius Imperial Skean for a few c until I could afford to craft a nice one like yours. Or a Singularity sceptre depending how it %hinderance dmg is applied, and it has cast speed I dunno. Any others that may be a decent stand in for a crafted for a person on a budget?

Some stuff more specific to me / theorycrafting/help. If you don't have time to reply it's ok, not exactly talking about your exact build....

Spoiler
I loved Storm call right away when I started trying out all the lightning gems but still debating on arc / spark, which I think can both work with crit not too far off of your tree? I mean spark typically has pierce going on. I suppose my question/comment is more a general "This crit build should work for a lot of other spells with slight adjustments"

As I said at the beginning I really wanted to do a more heavy armor sword and board old school style tank that casts lightning spells as my flavor hehe. I think that I may be able to make up some area from carcass jack somewhere else? The spell block seems to be a little tough if I want to keep a tower shield with a few shield nodes in skill tree. I see the 50% spell block ammy but that is a lot of stats to lose on ammy for it.

Do you think it's possible to run this with missing some of the hybrid you have going on? I mean you have an ok chunk of ES, some evasion nodes, block, spell block. I just wanted to be in plate but I suppose Mail with armor/es will do fine too, and clearly you have the boots, chest, shield for a reason. I'll keep looking through uniques and trying to find a way to make some of it up but still be closer to the flavor I was looking for

I think I can experiment and still be close enough to your build to swap over a few items/skill points and be back to your exact build without hassle which is cool.

Thanks!

Last edited by kurtkage on Aug 13, 2016, 2:18:49 AM
"
kurtkage wrote:

I'm fairly new to the game and have been trying out different classes and skills and decided I really wanted to play a lightning character. My last char was a witch and I wanted to go more classic tanky so chose templar thinking I'd go more sword and board ish/armor, which I still may mess around with for fun.

Oddly enough the skill tree I planned out was pretty close to yours even though I hadn't considered many of the synergies you have going on.

Why aren't you grabbing Throatseeker in the skill tree? Wiki says that it is a global crit strike multiplier and that's a total 54% on the 3nodes.

Why do you not go for any lightning dmg nodes? Is it because you have so much dmg from crits and lightning dmg on jewels that it simply isn't worth sacrificing anything else?

On freezing: It seems as tho your only freeze is from Ice bite? Herald of Ice itself does not freeze on it's own right? Is the only reason for HoI to have it proc more CoH/Icebite? What am I not understanding here?

Why Warlords mark on CWdT as well as CoH? I didn't realize that CWdT could cast curses lol. Always figured that's what CoH was for silly me.

Have you considered any unique weapons or do they all come up short for you compared to the dagger? The reason I ask is for me on a budget I can buy something like a Divinarius Imperial Skean for a few c until I could afford to craft a nice one like yours. Or a Singularity sceptre depending how it %hinderance dmg is applied, and it has cast speed I dunno. Any others that may be a decent stand in for a crafted for a person on a budget?

Some stuff more specific to me / theorycrafting/help. If you don't have time to reply it's ok, not exactly talking about your exact build....

Spoiler
I loved Storm call right away when I started trying out all the lightning gems but still debating on arc / spark, which I think can both work with crit not too far off of your tree? I mean spark typically has pierce going on. I suppose my question/comment is more a general "This crit build should work for a lot of other spells with slight adjustments"

As I said at the beginning I really wanted to do a more heavy armor sword and board old school style tank that casts lightning spells as my flavor hehe. I think that I may be able to make up some area from carcass jack somewhere else? The spell block seems to be a little tough if I want to keep a tower shield with a few shield nodes in skill tree. I see the 50% spell block ammy but that is a lot of stats to lose on ammy for it.

Do you think it's possible to run this with missing some of the hybrid you have going on? I mean you have an ok chunk of ES, some evasion nodes, block, spell block. I just wanted to be in plate but I suppose Mail with armor/es will do fine too, and clearly you have the boots, chest, shield for a reason. I'll keep looking through uniques and trying to find a way to make some of it up but still be closer to the flavor I was looking for

I think I can experiment and still be close enough to your build to swap over a few items/skill points and be back to your exact build without hassle which is cool.

Thanks!

I think I can help here.

- Throatseeker isnt efficient enough in comparison to other Multi nodes. When spending points you always want get maximum
- same goes for the lightning nodes and you need to get as much Life as possible or you cant run highest tier content
- Flame Dash goes over walls, whirling blades doesnt
- You need reliable leech for bosses so you need a way to curse them. Thats the CWDT. Its not very reliant I know. Thats why I did a diffrent approach to the build (see the post above yours)
- rares outweight uniques for this build. Divi is ok-ish but you can get Spelldam, Spelllightning, Castspeed at the same time on wands for example. If you really want whirling blades you can go dagger.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy.
"
SecomniA wrote:
Spoiler

Which one do you suggest dude

Divinarius is better than the rare you linked, the crit chance roll on that dagger is local and doesn't affect spells. For crit chance on a dagger to affect spells it has to be either the implicit "Global crit chance" or the suffix Crit chance for spells, both which appear on Divinarius.

"
kurtkage wrote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Thanks!

To follow up on GornoDD's answers:
Throat Seeker itself isn't ineffienct as the 3 points it costs, but the pathing to get to it makes it worse than a jewel or other choices.

Pretty much every lightning damage node on the tree is inefficent compared to crit or a jewel when you're playing inquisitor. And life is too important to skip under any circumstance

Freezing comes mostly from call of the brotherhood which splits the lightning damage into half cold. CoH from HoI is barely noticeable and mostly comes from HoT.

The cwdt curse is as Gorno stated, for bosses that doesn't spawn adds to trigger HoT for CoH but also to ensure that reflect mobs get cursed before they kill me as CoH might not hit them fast enough.

Flame dash goes through railing, up ledges, etc.

Divinarius is an excellent budget choice (I think this is under the gearing part in op? else I'll add it). Crafting a dagger isn't something I'd ever recommend until you truly reach end game and the mid 90's as Divinarius is so strong. Never tried budget wands. If you dislike whirling blades though, wands are an excellent and more powerful choice but for a loss of mobility.

In terms of other lightning spells; yes, with small changes(Like removing area nodes and swapping area gems etc.) this tree would certainly work for them as well.

When it comes to your plans with heavy armour etc I can't really give advice other than saying that I think it'll be worse but should still work okay with the correct adjustments such as running an inc aoe gem to make up for loss of aoe.

In terms of Hybrid I think hybrid builds in general are pretty bad and the only reason I end up with some ES is because of the items I have to use to achiev the spell block and aoe I want, I'd not recommend trying to acomplish a full hybrid build.

Good luck!
"
GornoDD wrote:
Spoiler
I did my little twist on this build with a bit of changes. I did go Mind over Matter/EB and run Warlords Mark on Blasphemy (for Boss Leech) in addition with Ghost Reaver for Leech. I use Alphas Howl to squeeze this in togehter with Double Herald and Arctic Armour. I use Doedres for dual curse since this build relies heavy on Warlords Mark beeing up.

For damage I use "Increased Critical Damage" instead of Innervate plus Facebreaker for more Dps. Im at 28k tootip dps in hideout. This is experimental for now.

Im at level 80 atm. Im at 4,5k life and 2k Es but still got alot to pick up in tree (double nodes). Playing the vanilla build before, I feel ALOT!!! more tanky now.

My Gear:

My Tree:
Planned for 92
I looked at making an EB/MoM build but never got around to it(Tried to enchant the Mind of the council with the stormcall enchant but never managed to be lucky).

How do you actually sustain your hp if you're using ghost reaver though?
And what is your unreserved mana since only that gives you benefit in terms of MoM.
"
GornoDD wrote:
"
Yrex wrote:
I looked at making an EB/MoM build but never got around to it(Tried to enchant the Mind of the council with the stormcall enchant but never managed to be lucky).

How do you actually sustain your hp if you're using ghost reaver though?
And what is your unreserved mana since only that gives you benefit in terms of MoM.

I dont actually have any un-sustained mana. The damage is directed to the Energy Shield (since it protects your mana like it says in the EB node). My life is sustained by life flasks and life regeneration ofc.

Thats one of the benefits. I use Alphas to get all the reserved mana I need. I didnt find a workaround for Alphas yet since the Tree is very tight. I could go for a level 4 Enlighten but its kinda expensive.
Last edited by GornoDD on Aug 13, 2016, 2:39:35 PM
OMG double post. Delete this. or dont pay attention
Last edited by GornoDD on Aug 13, 2016, 2:40:15 PM
Could I use skyforths for powercharge gain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info