[3.8] Cheap Tanky Non-Crit Arc Inquisitor | Shaper/Elder/Atziri/Uber Lab

"
tborup wrote:
So, will this work as a 2.3 starter build?

Yes - I expect this build to function exactly the same as last league.
how big is the "nearby" of singularity? compared to the range of arc?
I tried your innervate trick and found it wouldn't reliably proc mind I'm a crit build and I think it's because my arc deeps is so high oos doesn't get a chance even tried linking it with cull. so just a note you might find it becomes less effective as your power increases
For Arc I would say: Elemental Focus > Controlled Destruction.

You have more damage and don't lose crit you need for Overlord. No shock? Ok, but you have HoT and Orb. Correct me if I'm wrong.
"
Gosen wrote:
For Arc I would say: Elemental Focus > Controlled Destruction.

You have more damage and don't lose crit you need for Overlord. No shock? Ok, but you have HoT and Orb. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're wrong in almost every sentence.
Controlled Destruction cant lower the crit chance below 5%, so Arc will never lose any crit since it's base is 5%

And if one wants to proc Overload reliably, Orb of storms + critical strikes is by far the best skill in the game currently.

Herald of thunder can't shock or crit (no base crit chance, unless Assassin or Inc critical strikes gem)

And since shock is based on total life, Orb of storms can't shock high HP mobs.

Controlled Destruction > Elemental Focus

Ok thanks. I noticed later that Controlled Destruction lowers crit to 5%. At first I thought it completely removes or lowers it to horribly low value.

The build works great anyway. It's fast, safe and enjoyable. I wonder about Atziri, she can be a problem because of reflect and high cast speed of Arc (Topaz Flask+Purity?).
Last edited by Gosen on Jul 5, 2016, 11:44:01 AM
"
Gosen wrote:
The build works great anyway. It's fast, safe and enjoyable. I wonder about Atziri, she can be a problem because of reflect and high cast speed of Arc (Topaz Flask+Purity?).

Yea Arc won't work for Atziri due to reflect. I swapped to Storm Call for it which worked fine but still didn't result in a particularly good Atziri killing build. Definitely wouldn't want to farm her with this build.
Yeah I've tried. All bosses until Atziri were owned, fast and pretty safe, but reflect was too much after all. It sucks that they didn't remove reflect completely from the game, it destroys balance between chaos and ele builds. Maybe at least adding support which deny reflect or some uniques would be a solution.
Very good guide

I recently got a friend to try PoE with me and this build was really easy to understand and recreate

one of the best written guides Ive read.

thank you
Where's the Chaos resist?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info