[3.8] Cheap Tanky Non-Crit Arc Inquisitor | Shaper/Elder/Atziri/Uber Lab

"
Svaliinn wrote:
Following this build, currently lvl 49, and I found it amazing, since its my first character on POE. But I have 2 questions:
First, I am currently using a 4 linked for the Arc combo, and I still dont use the Blind gem together with orb of storns. And the problem is that my Warlord's Mark simply dont use, the Conductivity uses, I can see, but the Warlord's I dont, any idea why is this happening?

By default, monsters can only be affected by 1 curse at a time. You need the "Whispers of Doom" passive node at the top of the tree to the left the lightning damage nodes in order to apply both curses simultaneously.

"
Svaliinn wrote:
Second question, at my currently lvl, I have no problem with my mana regen, fouding it very good so far, and I still didn't did my ascendancy.

So do you think I could go for some passive skill three that would let me more tanky ? I kinda like playng with more tankyness, and at my currently level (and even watching your videos) I didn't found this build so very tanky, I'd like to be a little bit more :D
Could you help me with that? If you could name some passive skill three for me, would be very nice

Because the build uses Mind Over Matter (30% of damage is taken from mana before life), maintaining your mana pool while you're taking damage is effective tankiness for the build. You'll notice that when you take a lot of damage your mana pool starts quickly emptying out. Hits you take when you don't have at least 30% of the damage as unspent mana will deal more damage to your life pool. You'll also notice a much higher rate of mana usage if you manage to get a 6-link.

I see you are just getting to the life rectangle at the Constitution node, so you'll be able to put your next 6 points all into life which will be a huge boost. The set of nodes by Heart and Soul near the witch start area also boosts your effective life quite a lot by boosting both life and mana.

If you'd like to modify the build to become even more tanky your best bet is probably to go for either the Indomitable or Combat Stamina nodes. Both give you the most benefit once you have some high armor gear. I think Combat Stamina would be the better of the 2, and allows you to travel right by another Jewel Socket as well which would definitely be worth getting on the way. Speaking of Jewels, you don't have any yet. Once you pick those up try to get Jewels with %life on them for another great survivability boost. I see you mentioned that this is your first character, so keep in mind that this build really is a lot more tanky than most... Path of Exile is just a very dangerous game ^_^.

Good luck!

Hey... Need a little help, I'm level 62(Merciles Act 1)

I'm a bit nervous about my health in Merciles and my Mana is crap with running Herald of Thunder

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAQHBLMJqhBYEQ8WbxhdGjgabBzcHwIkqicvKPopiyycMjQ2xTbpOlg62EGHQ8hEq0bXTwRVrlXGVkhXKV8qZlRxhXIPdhF-r4KbgseD24V7i4yNGY-mkFWUb5o7muCbbp2uogCnCKyYrfGxQrc-uJPAZsCazLfVddWm2CTZX9n83YzgEuFz42rkIuTs6-Tr7uw47TzwH_nd-eg=?accountName=PopeJohnny&characterName=xXjohnny

My health is at 2696, my mana is at 793

I was thinking of refunding some points so I can hit around the "Constitution" nodes... But I'm just not sure
"
PopeJohnny wrote:
Hey... Need a little help, I'm level 62(Merciles Act 1)

I'm a bit nervous about my health in Merciles and my Mana is crap with running Herald of Thunder

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAAQHBLMJqhBYEQ8WbxhdGjgabBzcHwIkqicvKPopiyycMjQ2xTbpOlg62EGHQ8hEq0bXTwRVrlXGVkhXKV8qZlRxhXIPdhF-r4KbgseD24V7i4yNGY-mkFWUb5o7muCbbp2uogCnCKyYrfGxQrc-uJPAZsCazLfVddWm2CTZX9n83YzgEuFz42rkIuTs6-Tr7uw47TzwH_nd-eg=?accountName=PopeJohnny&characterName=xXjohnny

My health is at 2696, my mana is at 793

I was thinking of refunding some points so I can hit around the "Constitution" nodes... But I'm just not sure

Yea you've definitely invested in a lot of damage nodes upfront. You should get the constitution rectangle along with Quick Recovery and Heart and Soul nodes as soon as you can. You also haven't actually taken Mind over Matter yet according to what you've linked me which will definitely hurt your survivability.

The 2 nodes you took to get Precision I found I only needed quite a bit later on to get the dex I needed (the attack and cast speed is just a bit of a bonus). Unless you need the dex right now you can probably spec out of those for now.
I hit all those nodes now, I'm at lvl 76!

I got 4.7k life with 1.2k mana

DPS for Arc in town is at 9.5k

I feel like its a little weak... Gotta improve on that but everything else seems to be working good

Next time your online, whisper me xXjohnny is my in game name

Thanks!
"
PopeJohnny wrote:
I hit all those nodes now, I'm at lvl 76!

I got 4.7k life with 1.2k mana

DPS for Arc in town is at 9.5k

I feel like its a little weak... Gotta improve on that but everything else seems to be working good

Next time your online, whisper me xXjohnny is my in game name

Thanks!

I've stopped playing for this league, but I'll check this thread occasionally still. Best of luck with the build!
Hey, Im going the life route... So i have no use of Warlord set up

What can I use instead?
Last edited by PopeJohnny on May 7, 2016, 2:37:46 PM
Awesome build, mate! Thanks for this.

Maybe it won't bring you to lv 100 in HC, but it's absolutely great for short term leagues or as a league starter.
It helped me a lot, when I started to play HC-leagues seriously.
Last edited by Montibeau on May 16, 2016, 2:03:16 AM
"
Montibeau wrote:
Awesome build, mate! Thanks for this.

Maybe it won't bring you to lv 100 in HC, but it's absolutely great for short term leagues or as a league starter.
It helped me a lot, when I started to play HC-leagues seriously.

Thanks, glad you enjoyed the build!
ignore
Last edited by CookieTough2 on May 31, 2016, 1:16:32 PM
So, will this work as a 2.3 starter build?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info