Second Wave of Trade Improvements

"
bunniu wrote:
"
mlangwor wrote:
What's funny that you think this is so absurd you can make a shitty april fool's joke when it would be a fantastic addition. I'm laughing about how shitty your trade system is that it primarily relies on a 3rd party site while you export the game into yet another country. Keep putting off updates that improve the game at its core. Your defenders will just scream about how you guys are such a small business bleeding money to try to get by. Your players defend you and enable you to charge 20-30 dollars for a mtx suit and put genuine QoL features behind pay walls while they beg for more opportunity to help the cause.

I'm just disappointed, I was really excited to see something like this until I saw the twitch streams telling the obvious joke; and to put it under the header of "Second Wave of Trade Improvements" oh boy you really roped me in with that one. I was excited to see something new which might entice me to actually log in to this game again, god knows the content isn't convincing enough.

This, exactly this. Looks like this is God's way of giving anyone that is hoping for QoL the middle finger.

This "joke" is so insulting (just like the "oops sorry we blew off all the Windows 10 leak reports because we thought we knew better... guess not, our bad"), so I will respond in turn with equal tone. Seeing though as I've made this post, way too many times (here and on reddit, a lot because apparently GGG never reads their own forms, but how can you expect them to sort through the 20 pages of sycophant replies of "oh funny joke"), in apparently a too friendly manner (seems no one looks past page 2 of the replies anyways, let alone page 60). I 'mise as well respond with the same insulting satire that GGG seems to be so comfortable with.

Seriously what are your development priorities? From what I've read (your last post on the dev roadmap), QoL is not even on the table for discussion. Every OTHER major content update, we sometimes see a small QoL improvement but other wise? F&*k us, right?

The game is simply not player friendly. Not friendly as in easy, friendly as in the way in which mechanics are conveyed. You cannot learn this game without a mentor or alt-tabbing to the wiki. Period. Too many concepts that you wont even know what to look for. Similarly never before have I played a game so dependent on 3rd party programs... oh want to trade? Program (aquisition). Want to look up information? Wiki. Want to log out? Autohotkey. item filter? Find it on the web, download it and throw it in a directory. Want to know how much DPS SRS (or any minion gem) does with various support gems and auras? External Spreedsheet. Item stats and open prefix/affix? Script. On and on. Silly and frankly embarrassing that GGG has to rely on said 3rd party programs.

QoL is the pink elephant in the room that GGG refuses to address. Thinking "oh if we make more content maybe we can get a small rush of new players for a couple of weeks and maybe scam a MTX transaction before they leave", rather than focusing on why said new players do not stick around longer.

Took years to get party member names on the map, and even longer to get GGG to look at trade, sad. Does GGG even play their own game legitimately? No, not play testing, not debug cheat loading in items. Legit, playing self found, and trading with other players, through INTO end game?

Don't get me started about how obfuscated the concept of damage is... How much damage do my minions do? SRS? What in gods name does the tooltip mean for Tornado shot? KB? Ice Crush? Frostblades? righteous fire? Discharge? EA? Firestorm (does the tooltip assume my fireballs hit 50%?)? etc etc etc.

Inventory management is a joke. How many players have hundreds of tabs in the standard leagues? Everyone shutters at the thought of having to merge challenge league tabs into their standard stash...

Game generates log files in the realm of gb because poe for some silly reason cannot prune its own log files...

This site has as fewer features than the original phpbb from 2000. Let me guess you decided to build the bb software inhouse right? Well now its biting you in the a$$ with a site that's approaching 2 decades out of date because you do not have the resources to maintain the software you wrote. Not even mobile friendly. heh, sad.

Still having serious performance issues... beast of a machine, but get in party, or parandius chest and bop 2fps.

But hey what you are doing must be working right because you must be rolling in $dough$ enough to hire more programmers for QoL. Oh wait, nope.

So glad I've put hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours into this game... Can I get a refund please? Oh wait, I get it, this whole thing must be a long running joke. Heh, jokes on me.

Seriously 1,500 hours logged into this game, I've found it easier to make suggestions to EA then to GGG....

Im'a butt hurt.

Now now, some valid issues here
IGN: Tibiuron (OFFLINE)
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
"Anyone who claims to be excited for April Fools' Day is probably a sociopath — because what they're really saying is, 'I can't wait to hurt the people close to me.'"
John Oliver
Whaaaaaaaaaaat?? Kripp is back???? :D Hahaha....
Path Of Forex ahahahahahahahah!
The stock ticker at the top of the page is a nice touch! :-D
I love you.
10/10 would meme again!
Spoiler
"
Fifth2301 wrote:
"
bunniu wrote:
"
mlangwor wrote:
What's funny that you think this is so absurd you can make a shitty april fool's joke when it would be a fantastic addition. I'm laughing about how shitty your trade system is that it primarily relies on a 3rd party site while you export the game into yet another country. Keep putting off updates that improve the game at its core. Your defenders will just scream about how you guys are such a small business bleeding money to try to get by. Your players defend you and enable you to charge 20-30 dollars for a mtx suit and put genuine QoL features behind pay walls while they beg for more opportunity to help the cause.

I'm just disappointed, I was really excited to see something like this until I saw the twitch streams telling the obvious joke; and to put it under the header of "Second Wave of Trade Improvements" oh boy you really roped me in with that one. I was excited to see something new which might entice me to actually log in to this game again, god knows the content isn't convincing enough.

This, exactly this. Looks like this is God's way of giving anyone that is hoping for QoL the middle finger.

This "joke" is so insulting (just like the "oops sorry we blew off all the Windows 10 leak reports because we thought we knew better... guess not, our bad"), so I will respond in turn with equal tone. Seeing though as I've made this post, way too many times (here and on reddit, a lot because apparently GGG never reads their own forms, but how can you expect them to sort through the 20 pages of sycophant replies of "oh funny joke"), in apparently a too friendly manner (seems no one looks past page 2 of the replies anyways, let alone page 60). I 'mise as well respond with the same insulting satire that GGG seems to be so comfortable with.

Seriously what are your development priorities? From what I've read (your last post on the dev roadmap), QoL is not even on the table for discussion. Every OTHER major content update, we sometimes see a small QoL improvement but other wise? F&*k us, right?

The game is simply not player friendly. Not friendly as in easy, friendly as in the way in which mechanics are conveyed. You cannot learn this game without a mentor or alt-tabbing to the wiki. Period. Too many concepts that you wont even know what to look for. Similarly never before have I played a game so dependent on 3rd party programs... oh want to trade? Program (aquisition). Want to look up information? Wiki. Want to log out? Autohotkey. item filter? Find it on the web, download it and throw it in a directory. Want to know how much DPS SRS (or any minion gem) does with various support gems and auras? External Spreedsheet. Item stats and open prefix/affix? Script. On and on. Silly and frankly embarrassing that GGG has to rely on said 3rd party programs.

QoL is the pink elephant in the room that GGG refuses to address. Thinking "oh if we make more content maybe we can get a small rush of new players for a couple of weeks and maybe scam a MTX transaction before they leave", rather than focusing on why said new players do not stick around longer.

Took years to get party member names on the map, and even longer to get GGG to look at trade, sad. Does GGG even play their own game legitimately? No, not play testing, not debug cheat loading in items. Legit, playing self found, and trading with other players, through INTO end game?

Don't get me started about how obfuscated the concept of damage is... How much damage do my minions do? SRS? What in gods name does the tooltip mean for Tornado shot? KB? Ice Crush? Frostblades? righteous fire? Discharge? EA? Firestorm (does the tooltip assume my fireballs hit 50%?)? etc etc etc.

Inventory management is a joke. How many players have hundreds of tabs in the standard leagues? Everyone shutters at the thought of having to merge challenge league tabs into their standard stash...

Game generates log files in the realm of gb because poe for some silly reason cannot prune its own log files...

This site has as fewer features than the original phpbb from 2000. Let me guess you decided to build the bb software inhouse right? Well now its biting you in the a$$ with a site that's approaching 2 decades out of date because you do not have the resources to maintain the software you wrote. Not even mobile friendly. heh, sad.

Still having serious performance issues... beast of a machine, but get in party, or parandius chest and bop 2fps.

But hey what you are doing must be working right because you must be rolling in $dough$ enough to hire more programmers for QoL. Oh wait, nope.

So glad I've put hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours into this game... Can I get a refund please? Oh wait, I get it, this whole thing must be a long running joke. Heh, jokes on me.

Seriously 1,500 hours logged into this game, I've found it easier to make suggestions to EA then to GGG....

Im'a butt hurt.

I might not 100% agree with the tone of this post, neither did I *donate* hundreds of $ in form of support (so maybe I should just stay quiet), but I think there are few interesting / valid points in the wall of text above. And I'm afraid it'll just get forgotten / ignored in the mass of trigger happy "wow a great April's fools joke" spam posts. Therefore I will quote it, so it turns up again.

If anyone else agrees with what the post lists, just quote the msg too. I don't expect to see any specific answer, but maybe if enough ppl point it out - there'll be some further actions in the direction of QoL.

Peace.

+1
The 72 mirrors is so subtle.....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info