Default League - Legacy League

I recently made a new templar. Then I realised that I couldn't access my stash, because the templar is in the new 'default' league. And my other chars are in Legacy.

Sooooo, I made a templar on Legacy. But it's so empty there, hardly anyone online around my level.

Could anyone enlighten me about this? As I remember, I started on default, so now the old default is legacy, and there is a new default?

I want my stashhh on the new defaultttt :// :(:(:(:(:(

EDIT: This is just a whine thread! Because I'm annoyed about the facts presented to me! :/
Last edited by Hiko on Jan 8, 2012, 9:05:14 PM
Legacy league is where things are moved to when we make big balance changes, as opposed to just wiping those characters/items completely.

We can't leave them in default, because legacy items will have things like values of mods which are higher/lower than new balance values, or mods on items that can no longer get those mods, etc. We obviously need testing being done without the legacy items confusing the data, so we're getting feedback about the game as it is, not as it used to be.

Allowing items to be moved form Legacy to Default would remove the point of having legacy, and be disastrous in terms of actually getting valid and useful balance feedback from beta testers.

Things are in legacy because they're no longer a part of the game, but we'd rather let people continue to play with their old stuff if they chose than just delete it all.
Yeah, I understand.

I sometimes forget that I'm in a closed beta game. Because of the awesomeness.

But oh myyyyy, do I hate rerolling ;d, I'm just lazy :(.

Thanks for the reply though!

I get depressed when I think about the actual game being launched.. Reroll again ;d, but anyways! Good looking out!

Awesome game guys!
I would MUCH appreciate a GGG staff member making an Official comment about if characters on the Legacy League will be wiped or not. I think A LOT of people are at the point, especially those of us who have full time jobs and families, where they don't want to commit precious time to playing a game that will have their characters wiped.

If it was battlefield or modern warfare games series i wouldn't mind a wipe cause getting the unlocks are part of the fun. POF is much different.

And for those of you who will yell at me, then let me tell you i KNOW that this is a beta game. And im not being a noob. I would Just like to be able to beta test and to keep what i earned with me precious time. Id even pay for a server space to have that luxury.

opinions?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/157/highlight/
Please refer to this Thread in addition.. http://www.pathofexile.com/my-account/#view-profile
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Legacy league is where things are moved to when we make big balance changes, as opposed to just wiping those characters/items completely.

We can't leave them in default, because legacy items will have things like values of mods which are higher/lower than new balance values, or mods on items that can no longer get those mods, etc. We obviously need testing being done without the legacy items confusing the data, so we're getting feedback about the game as it is, not as it used to be.

Allowing items to be moved form Legacy to Default would remove the point of having legacy, and be disastrous in terms of actually getting valid and useful balance feedback from beta testers.

Things are in legacy because they're no longer a part of the game, but we'd rather let people continue to play with their old stuff if they chose than just delete it all.

I don't know if you can trade with other players in this game or not, ( I haven't gotten that far yet. ), but in Diablo 2 whenever there was a new patch with new versions of items introduced the old versions were retained by players and co-mingled with the new versions.

A lot of the time this made the "old" versions a lot more valuable and highly sought after, over time these items became more and more rare due to people not knowing what they had and selling to a vendor, or characters expiring, etc.

I think it would be cool if the old versions stayed in the mix, it would add tons of item variations and all your hard work on those old versions wouldn't be for nothing.

:)
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on May 9, 2012, 9:29:24 AM
"
Revanten wrote:
I would MUCH appreciate a GGG staff member making an Official comment about if characters on the Legacy League will be wiped or not. I think A LOT of people are at the point, especially those of us who have full time jobs and families, where they don't want to commit precious time to playing a game that will have their characters wiped.

After the beta I'm going to assume they will keep every char in the legacy league forever, but everything will still be wiped come open beta. The question is how much point there is to play chars in the legacy league when it's separate from the current game.
Nothing to see here.
"
GodlyMe wrote:

I think it would be cool if the old versions stayed in the mix, it would add tons of item variations and all your hard work on those old versions wouldn't be for nothing.

They won't since that's pretty much why there is a legacy league in the first place.. to get rid of OP'ed stuff.
Nothing to see here.
Last edited by ReZar on May 9, 2012, 12:16:39 PM
"
ReZar wrote:
"
GodlyMe wrote:

They won't since that's pretty much why there is a legacy league in the first place.. to get rid of OP'ed stuff.

I wasn't suggesting it, merely stating that it would be neat.

I don't know enough about this game just yet to be making suggestions. :)
Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on May 9, 2012, 1:48:05 PM
Totally get why legacy is needed and why some items get tweaked/changed and therefor old versions cant remain in circulation, but it would be cool if standard stuff that doesn't change could be moved across.

TBH If I could transfer my portal gem to default Id start playing there, but I am so used to playing with it now I cant face not using it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info