[2.2] Chaos Ice Trapper, Min Maxed endgame build EB dual curse

This build is inspired by obojetnecotujest but there are loads of differences to min max the character. I can facetank any kind of map tier 14-15 and easily run Uber. I am currently playing Standard Pendarus so this build aim for SC, but HC viable if drop damage nodes and take life nodes. Only 3 map mods this build cannot run:

- Curse immunity and to an extension Blood magic. Both are doable but annoying
- No life or mana regen. Its a no no. Painfully slow but doable

I did both mods in map range 12-15 and while annoying, not a big deal cos most mobs and boss are one shot off screen. I prefer to just chisel alch and vaal map to run. most of the time it the sweet 150+ quantity and 35+ packsize. rolling in cash this league
Anyway afterall here is the pros and cons of the build:

PROS
Spoiler

- Huge chaos dmg and poison. 2-3 stacks of traps can kill almost any boss in game.
- Dual cuse Enfeeble / Temp chains 20/20 with blasphemy 20/20 and 6 curses effective node make curse effect even versus bosses.
- Multi layers of defence: Phase acro, acro, Lightning coil, 3 ultility flasks that really OP this patch.
- Combo EB/ZO/ Stone golem make mana problem non existent, synch well with Phase acro (50% less ES) make ES useful and able to run dual curse + Herald of Ice
- All charges are keep up all the time 4/4 Frenzy 3/3 endu 3/3 power .Enduring cry gain you endurance charges and act as a ES refill button. Really useful

CONS

Spoiler

- No life regen / leech / on hit so really annoying to run fire grounds, chaos grounds, have to keep up Pot all the time
- Require all the active skills to be really strong
- Endgame can be costly (Ofc this is an End game build). But can start from scratch and progress fast. I did first Atziri at lv7x and only 1 death.

End game skilltree:
Spoiler

At Level 91: Last edited 04/04/2016

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAW1Bx4I1A5ID8QRDxGWFLAWbxhqGmwb4B0UI_YkqiT9JpUqCzBbMHEwfDN4Nuk31DpCOlg7DTt8QixFfEcGSVFLeEwtTZJObVFHUXRVS1XGVvpYB13yYeJiT2KsZKpnTmo2bAhsjG93cFFwUnNtdm94L3zlfrB_K3_Ggh6D24nTjDaNfY2_jmSO6Y9Gj_qQDZUul5ebhpuhnDKdqqB5oqOlxKaZrJi0OLTFtvq3dbjKuZPB88LswwnJBtDQ1CPWithU2wvb592o42rlGec651Tr9ewY7T_uFe_r8NXw-fGK8h33pvfB99f60vv1_94=

Differences compared to obojetnecotujest build:
- EB to solve mana problem and run 2x curse + arctic armour
- Lightning coil + Quatz + Basalt flasks as main physical defense
- Vaal Grace + Topaz / Ruby flasks for spell defense (Cap 75/75 spell dodge with vaal grace)
- Use Increase Critical strikes 20/20 instead of Controlled Destruction. Crit Multi: 549% crit chance 43% no charges
- Dual curse Enfeeble + Temp chain + blasphemy all 20/20 + 20 effectiveness from tree make all contents in game trivial

STATS

OFFENCE:
Spoiler

With no charges

With 4 frenzy + 3 power

http://i.imgur.com/G7Sjhc5.jpg

DEFENCE:
Spoiler

With vaal grace lv20 dodge is 75/75

Core Gears:
Spoiler

For Leveling a Tabula is enough until map tier 12 and above. Tabula can do deathless Atziri easy.

My Gear:
Spoiler

FLASKS:
Spoiler

Extension Gear
Spoiler

- Can invest to 600-700 ES to run MOM with almost no cost from tree.
- All the rare gears can be min maxed depends on cost
- Focus on: Max roll HP, Overcapped lightning res
- Get enhance level 4 for curses, Greatly improve effectiveness

Skill Gems:
Spoiler

Ice Trap: Cluster trap, Increase critical strikes, Elemental Focus, Trap and mine damage if 6l add Void manipulation

3L: Whriling blade: faster attack + fortify

4L: CWDT + Immortal call + Phase run + Increase duration

4L: Blasphemy + Enfeeble + Temporal chains + Enhance

4L: Grace + enduring cry + actic armor + portal

3L: Stone golem + Minion res + Minion Life

BANDIT

Spoiler

Normal : Oak
Cruel : kill all
Merciless: Frenzy or power charges are ok. Prefer power if go crit and frenzy if not

VIDEOS COMING SOON AS ALMOST EVERYTHING CAN BE SEEN IN obojetnecotujest's Guide here:

PALACE BOSS WITH RIPPY VAALED MAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1hD87Te7iI

DOUBLE PIETY SHRINE CORRUPTED SYPER RIPPY MAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y6m6gvA5dA

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1616976#p13006063

Any requested map can be done. I will only record the boss file for faster.

Any questions please leave here thanks
Last edited by sheva0210 on Apr 4, 2016, 11:59:16 AM
Last bumped on May 20, 2016, 10:34:22 PM
How is your clear speed? I find myself wishing I had more AoE even though I use Carcass Jack and the Witch AoE nodes so I can't imagine what it's like without it.
Thanks to poison and unlimted mana from EB, my clear is def superb. throw 2 trap into any stack and they just melt. Tanky one will die to poison really quick. 2x4 = 8 stack poison

Currently running TOH with Facebreaker and new amulet provided total 550$ crit multi. With all defensive up even big crit hit from spider shipyard only bring my hp down to 1/2. Temporal chain + Enfeeble helps with close combat so I decided to take Dancing Arrow. Pretty good actually Too tanky right now very satisfy with the new result.

Currently crafting this for even more Enfeeble effectiveness
Last edited by sheva0210 on Mar 29, 2016, 9:27:24 PM
Updated Palace video. Just did like >20 red maps and only die once. Reach 0-85% xp for lv91 in 1 day
Updated Piety shrine double boss corrupted. You can see how tanky this build is and how much dmg i deal. I can tank a hit of Piety warrior form and only took me <1k hp. So easy fight
Would love to have a look at what you would do for your HC Tree.

Do you think it's worth dropping crit, going Elemental Overload and picking up about 50% more life?
Last edited by Violander on Apr 1, 2016, 2:58:52 PM
Any idea how Concentrated Effect compares to Increased Critical?
I'm in the process of merging the two builds because I really like the defence setup of your build and the resolved mana issue - but also the awesome damage.
HC i think it will be better to drop crit and take Elemental overload + go into Templar zones for extra aoe + a little ele dmg + a lot of hp. Option 2 could be go into duelist zone for even more hp, endu charges at the cost of less dmg. Elemental overload will slow your farm down a little bit through. Intutiative leap jewel could be an interesting choice if decided to go this route

Concentrated is a terrible gem unless maybe Atziri. I quickly drop it because it makes ur cluster trap even more spread out and hit less enermies. I even used it with my old Carcass + Templar aoe nodes and it still really hurt my farm speed. Even when fighting atziri the aoe can hurt you because it makes some of your trap not hit her for overlap dmg.

Last edited by sheva0210 on Apr 4, 2016, 11:57:05 AM
I just re-designed the skilltree and makes it more effecient point wise.

Changes a little bit because combo CWDT - Immortal call - Phase run - Increase duration is really strong. Helps me archieve almost immortal status when mapping. Just remember to put Phase run in the last slot to active. Really strong combo
Last edited by sheva0210 on Apr 4, 2016, 11:57:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info