The Star of Wraeclast

That lore doesn't make sense! Daresso and Merveil lived in Theopolis (Oriath) long time after the Cataclysm destroyed the Eternal Empire. They couldn't be living on the shore of Wraeclast (desolated, ruined and filled with the undead?) and at the same time Merveil attending the court of Oriath and Daresso fighting in the Grand Arena as the Sword King ("Hundreds have tried to take this title, but I defeated them all!").

Better fix the lore before you release it.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
That lore doesn't make sense! Daresso and Merveil lived in Theopolis (Oriath) long time after the Cataclysm destroyed the Eternal Empire. They couldn't be living on the shore of Wraeclast (desolated, ruined and filled with the undead?) and at the same time Merveil attending the court of Oriath and Daresso fighting in the Grand Arena as the Sword King ("Hundreds have tried to take this title, but I defeated them all!").

If you'd read literally the page prior, people clarify how it makes sense.
Seems like now we have mirror arrow for mages
Ruby Amulet??? Resistance amulets incoming??
"
G7Ghost wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

If you'd read literally the page prior, people clarify how it makes sense.

No, that still makes no sense. They confuse the eras: the fall of the Vaal was 'thousands of years ago', the Cataclysm was only 200-300 years ago, but that's beside the point.

Daresso going to Wraeclast while he was still a gladiator in the Arena and a title contender - ok, that's possible, although the reason is not explained. From his story told in Daresso's Dream we know that he presented the necklace to Merveil right after killing the previous Sword King, proposed to her, and she accepted.

"And from that day on, I wore the Crown of Swords on my head..." and "Hundreds have laid claim to this title, but I defeated them all". Meaning he was constantly performing in the Grand Arena as the Sword King, defending his title. Hundreds of battles. That's months, years following their marriage. Daresso was never defeated in the Arena.

So when and why did they leave Oriath and started living on the desolate coast of Wraeclast??
Thanks GGG for the new lore! It made me very curious! Could you give us more information? Why did Daresso and Merveil end up living in Wraeclast? Where did Daresso go after he had left Merveil? And why did Merveil lose her Star of Wraeclast?
"
It is not known how Daresso acquired Kalisa's beautiful ruby -- it is rumoured he had somehow acquired it on a journey into the heart of Wraeclast's wild jungles. How it ended up there is a mystery. What is known is that, in an act to prove his love to Merveil (the envy of all the court maidens) he had the ruby embedded in an exquisite amulet and, as is customary, presented it to her as part of his proposal.

Can this point out as to how to make the amulet? Act 2 has vast jungle and probably a new unique jewel that sometimes drop there. Then I guess it will require some amulet to combine with it in a vendor.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Oh great. More o-skills with precisely zero explanation at a glance.

Fucking brilliant.

Oh you must feel so special using that dumb font colour...

On-Topic: Hope the skill granted by the amulet will be something very interesting. Please dont be something like blink/mirror arrow :-|
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
LOL MERVEIL TURNED INTO A GOLLUM ONLY PATH OF EXILE VERSION...MY...PREEEECIOUS!
interesting.. i can't wait to see what "illusory warp" is!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info