Mathil's CoCSlam - It's exaclty what it sounds like.

"
PsOfOs wrote:
"
Malaclypsety wrote:
hi, looks really fun :)

can the 'cant be evaded' thingy also be on the dagger or does it have to be the weapon that is used for the attack itself?

Needs to be on attacking weapon.

crud <_< i have a pretty good dagger. do u think i can replace ground slam with something else? maybe reave? ^.^ would that work too?
That would be way too dangerous since you'd have to go really closr to start getting all the reave stacks.
And you wohld never get all the stacks cause the whole screen would die in 2-3 hits.
A cheap vagan sceptre works great.
Hey,

So I got two -8 mana items which enables the two heralds and hatred, but this also means i can't use whirling blades right(costs 2 mana, due to the mana multi from faster attack)? Am I missing something or is this just the way it's going to be? Cause in that case it's best get rid of the faster attack right..
Last edited by Aarskabouter on Apr 17, 2016, 6:20:18 AM
"
Aarskabouter wrote:
Hey,

So I got two -8 mana items which enables the two heralds and hatred, but this also means i can't use whirling blades right(costs 2 mana, due to the mana multi from faster attack)? Am I missing something or is this just the way it's going to be? Cause in that case it's best get rid of the faster attack right..

whirling blades is useless without faster attacks. you might as well link blood magic onto it if you're reserving 100% of your mana.

BTW this build is totally available without any elreon rings. you could probably just get normal rings with mana regen and be perfectly fine. my version doesn't use elreon jewelry and i only run out of mana when i pop vaal haste and spam whirling blades for like 5 seconds.

i also only have 62 unreserved mana. ground slam is only i think 15 cost, and whirling blades...18 or 20 or something. ground slam shouldn't be costing much mana because while its low on cost, its also only casting maybe twice a second since you'll be using multistrike
Thanks Mathil for posting this guide! Out of all the builds I've tried in Perandus league, this is by far the most fun. I'm still doing mid-tier mapping at level 85 so I haven't had a chance to experience the build at higher levels yet, but I have been pulverizing everything up to this point.

I actually decided to make both the assassin and ascendant versions. The ascendant version is certainly much more forgiving due to the leech, but the assassin does more damage and makes it much easier to sustain power charges. I've also been experimenting with various maces, including death's hand, by opting for the accuracy nodes and using a ring and amulet with lots of accuracy on them.

However, I'm currently using a wand with Barrage + 2 Volley Fire jewels. I respecced the 8 points on the far left of the tree (that are strictly used for the +135% melee crit) into those nodes necessary to support 2 volley fires. It seems to me this is the far better route to take, because it frees up a slot in the 6L, allowing for either another spell, or the extra crit chance or damage gems (or even a lvl 3/4 empower). I've been opting for the crit chance gem for now to make the build less reliant on power charges and make it easier to take down bosses encountered after zone changes. The loss of Whirling Blades is not too bad, since the Ascendant runs like the wind with all the boosts to run speed from the tree. Plus given the range of Barrage over Ground Slam, this route is safer and doesn't require Carcass Jack/area nodes to extend Ground Slam's reach.

With 1 Eleron ring the cc cost of Barrage is 4, and I have 18 non-reserved mana (since I use Enlighten + Hatred) which is sufficient to fire Barrage indefinitely. I initially used the Obliteration wand + spell damage/crit shield, but then switched to a rare wand with high attack rate (1.71).

Still, the build is very flexible, and allows for the use of a wide variety of weapons and tree tweaks. It's been a blast to play and experiment with!
hi m8

i would like to give this build a try in the new league (graphically, it looks fantastic :p), do you think it'll be viable in 2.3 ?
and how affordable is it ?
looking at the items, it "seems" OK.

also, any recommendations on the leveling ?

thanks for posting this
Hi Mathil,

is life-based cocslam build for softcore leagues still gonna be as strong in 2.3 patch (from what I've seen yes, but your opinion would be more professional :P).
Also, is Scion still "go to" ascendancy class for this build, or could shadow-assassin be better? (or maybe some 3rd option that I don't see here?)

Hope you see this soon and thank you in advance!
Tears make streams. Fish live in streams. I like fish.
/MonstaMunch
I'm really looking forward to trying this build after 2.3 hits and we get our passive tree resets. I've been going back and forth in my head over whether her it'll be best to play this as a shadow or a scion. Now that berserker life leech had been hit I'm thinking shadow-assassin might be best. I'm thinking of going this route and running warlords mark on blasphemy and then separately running hatred. I think this might be better than the nerfed berserker leech plus also solves for needing Elreon rings. In the end I was just trying to reconcile in my head the difference between the ascendant crit nodes versus the shadows assassin ones. Anyways, just wondering what everyone else is thinking about it or planning to do after 2.3.

Later....
can u update this for 2.3 plz
Rip leech

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info