[2.4 HC | Video Guide] Blade Vortex Blood Magic IW RF Build (dual essence worm)

CHANGES for 2.4:
After the major changes to Blade Vortex Skill Gem in 2.4 i recommend going Chieftain, overall it should be a huge damage boost!

CHIEFTAIN - gem - setup:
Blade Vortex - Iron Will - Increased Aoe - Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction - Added Fire Damage

But figure out which setup fits in for your playstyle, there are so many options now...

Skilltree Chieftain

Also Duelist/Slayer is an viable option, but i don't recommend going for scion ascendancy.

CHANGES for 2.3:

After they nerfed the Life leech from Scion Ascendancy (Berserker), we gonna go Duelist - Slayer OR Marauder - Chieftain.

SLAYER - gem - setup:
V1: Blade Vortex - Iron Will - Life Leech - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Added Fire Damage
V2: Blade Vortex - Iron Will - Life Leech - Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction - Increased Duration

Skilltree Slayer

CHIEFTAIN - gem - setup:
Blade Vortex - Iron Will - Increased Aoe - Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Added Fire Damage

Skilltree Chieftain

First of all i would like to mention that i want to avoid text of walls in this guide, so let's start.
English isn't my native lanugage.

If you prefer to look a Video instead of reading, here you can find the Video guide -->

[2.2 PHC | Video Guide] Blade Vortex Blood Magic IW RF:

feel free to ask questions and leave Feedback for improvements!!!

Idea of the build:

--> HAVE FUN
--> wanna play a fortress

Keystones

--> Blood Magic

The Ascendancy Class of choice for this build is the Ascendant
Here you need to pick up Berserker and Slayer.

This setup will significantly increase your damage and of course grants a global Life leech

The Guide also includes gameplay footage:
[2.2 PHC | Video Guide] Blade Vortex Blood Magic IW RF:
(first one is a Zana daily with beyond Action (multiple Boss spwans), second volcano map)

PLATEAU

IZARO - Fight

GORGE / GMP Devourers
(Some Gameplay to show you how tanky the build is. It's not an faked Gorge Showcase in under 2mins what doesn't show the truth... fuck that... enoy)

more vids soon.
Twitch Shaarq --> if u wanna see some live action.

Current gear:
Spoiler

Gear in general:
Spoiler
Keep in mind that both ring Slots and the shield are reserved for uniques, so you have to get all resistances, life and strength from the remaining item Slots.
we looking for: Elemental Resistances, Life, Strength and Armour on all your stuff and additionally Cast Speed on Amulet and at least 25% Movement Speed on boots.

To cover your Dexterity & Intelligence requirements of your skill gems try to get a bit of those attributes on the gear you craft or buy as well.

mandatory uniques
Spoiler

recommended uniques
Spoiler

recommended flasks
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler
Clear Mind
On rare Jewels we looking for: Strength, All Attributes, Dexteritiy, Strength & Dexteritiy, Life, Ele Resistances, Spell Damage, Cast Speed, Spell Damage while Holding a Shield, Cast Speed while Holding a shield

Blade Vortex Setup V01
Spoiler

Blade Vortex - Iron Will - Increased Aoe- Spell Echo - Faster Casting - Added Fire Damage
For bosses swap out Increased AOE for Conc Effect!

We gonna use it for both, single and also multi target.

With this setup, combined with Duration notes on the passive tree, i’m able to keep up 43 blades, which is enough in my opinion. For hard bosses swap out Increased Area for Conc Effect.

Blade Vortex Setup V02
Spoiler

If you wanna sustain the maximum of 50 blades for whatever reason, or doing a ele reflect map, swap out Added Fire for Increased Duration gem and Faster Casting for Controlled Destruction.

Like this:
Blade Vortex - Iron Will - Increased Aoe- Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction - Increased Duartion
This setup has slightly less damage compared to option one i mentioned before.

It’s up to you, take the one you prefer.

4 Link
Cwdt (lvl3) - Immortal Call (5) - Inc. Duration (max) - Efeeble (lvl7)

4 Link
Cwdt (lvl6) - Arctic breath (9) - GMP (6) - Molten Shell (13)

3 Link (Doon Sceptre)
Bladefall - Conc Effect - Spell Echo - (Iron Will)

3 Link
Righteous Fire - Increased Aoe - Increased Burning Damage

others
Hatred (Essence Worm No.1), Purity of Fire (Essence Worm No.2), Endurying Cry, Golem, Portal, etc...

Skill Tree progression is fairly simple, if you level with blade vortex grab Expertise and Ancestral Knowledge nodes to compensate the lack of Dexterity and Intelligence at the beginning and rush to blood magic keystone. After that pick up some Duration and Area nodes and head to the Duelist Area for even more Dexterity.

Finally we are heading to the templar and witch area for more damage, life and liferegen.

Usually we start using Righteous Fire in the late 70’s, after met all the requirements i mentioned before. That includes grabbing all the liferegen nodes on the tree, keep that in mind guys!

tree

Bandits: help oak - kill all - kill all / help oak

Leveling with blade vortex from the beginning is kinda tricky because the limited opportunities getting Dexterity in the early levels of the tree.

There are some options to solve this problems, for example using Astramentis Amulet for the rich kids. Otherwise grab all the Jewel slots and put in Dexterity on the tree and rush to Expertise Node which grants you 30 Dexterity.

Your next milestones you wanna get are Blood Magic and Essence Worm ring.

From now one the leveling is a breeze.

An alternative option is to level with a 2 handed Melee Weapon, grab Resolute Technique and some melee nodes until you do the transition to Blade vortex at the early 60’s.

Last edited by Shaarq on Sep 26, 2016, 3:42:13 AM
Last bumped on Sep 29, 2016, 12:40:14 PM
Thanks, nice guide, will try it!
What changes do you recommend for PSC?
IGN: LaImmortelle, HeavyMetalDisco
Shop: 606890
"
nexxx85 wrote:
Thanks, nice guide, will try it!
What changes do you recommend for PSC?

thx mate!
For Softcore i'd do the same thing...
Your Damage is way enough with this setup and staying alive in endgame is one of the most satisfiying experiences i've made in this game.
Hey there ! Currently leveling up to play this build, but I just have one gear related question: Wouldn't it be good/better to use Carcass Jack instead of a rare chest ? Or would it be too difficult to rescap with only the +12% ele res (perf res roll) ?
hey mate, if you use Carcass Jack you can't sustain the life Degeneration from Righteous Fire any more, cuz you burn for 70% of your maximum Energy Shield per second as Fire Damage.

You wanna have either a rare chest (Armour based/Astral Plate) or a Lightning Coil.
The tricky part is to get 4 offcolours.

br shaarq
Last edited by Shaarq on Mar 25, 2016, 2:20:38 AM
Hello,

I currently used your build ( level 45 ). I just have some questions.

Which weapon do you advise for leveling ? ( lifesprig ? )

Which Golem do you used ? and how do you played with enduring cry ( cast manually ) ?
"
Olystar wrote:
Hello,

I currently used your build ( level 45 ). I just have some questions.

Which weapon do you advise for leveling ? ( lifesprig ? )

Which Golem do you used ? and how do you played with enduring cry ( cast manually ) ?

Yea, i used dual Lifesprig - Axiom Perpetuum - and then i bought some wands with 30+ spell dmg and 10+ cast speed for about 1alch.
New Video added -> GORGE / GMP Devourers
New Video added --> PLATEAU
New video up -> IZARO - Fight

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info