Minion control options

things i would suggest to improve the summoner gameplay are

1: Health Bar of minions
2: When you summon a minion while still having the max amount of minions the minion with lowest HP gets replaced, not random as it is now
3: A GUI button or hotkey where i can send my minions back to my position or to my mouse cursor, they will go there and stop attacking enemies etc. until they reached the position
Wand's don't kill people, i kill people, with Wand's
"
Niburu wrote:
things i would suggest to improve the summoner gameplay are

1: Health Bar of minions
2: When you summon a minion while still having the max amount of minions the minion with lowest HP gets replaced, not random as it is now
3: A GUI button or hotkey where i can send my minions back to my position or to my mouse cursor, they will go there and stop attacking enemies etc. until they reached the position

1: Oh god the current health bar when you click on them instead of the enemy so you can't use abilities and die is so irritating. Yes, please.
2: No, this reduces the skill cap, just add an unsummon ability as in D2.
3: Is there any ARPG with minion controls? I actually wonder why not.
Median XL 2012 | Diablo 2 mod
Adun Tori Laz.
Titan Quest had rudimentary minion controls. It was actually pretty nice; and in various difficulty mods the use of it made or broke summoner play (as undirected summons would just die to a superior enemy force, but with a little bit of micro would prevail).

IIRC, you could give move/attack orders to individual or all minions at once and have 3 different behavior toggles.
Last edited by konfeta on Jan 7, 2012, 9:49:54 AM
Nox from westwood from 97 had basic minion controls, you could select a minion from it's health picture, and set it to "patrol" "stand" "follow", that's all I'm asking for, if Westwood did it in 1997 i'm sure it can't be impossible...
All for minions "modes" so they can follow, stand, or patrol.
"
Chemdude8 wrote:
Nox from westwood from 97 had basic minion controls, you could select a minion from it's health picture, and set it to "patrol" "stand" "follow", that's all I'm asking for, if Westwood did it in 1997 i'm sure it can't be impossible...

I had completely forgotten this game. I remember I had som fun with that. :D
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Diablo 1 had golem controls: the golem would walk in the direction your character was facing, so you could theoretically steer it around the map just by turning in place.
Median XL 2012 | Diablo 2 mod
Adun Tori Laz.
"
BrotherLaz wrote:

I don't understand what this point has to do with skill cap ?

I mean you have maybe 5 minions, 4 are 80% health and one is on 20% health. As it is now if i want to replace the 20% zombie with a fresh one i have to gamble and risk that one of the 80% zombies gets replaced.
Wand's don't kill people, i kill people, with Wand's
"
Niburu wrote:
"
BrotherLaz wrote:

I mean you have maybe 5 minions, 4 are 80% health and one is on 20% health. As it is now if i want to replace the 20% zombie with a fresh one i have to gamble and risk that one of the 80% zombies gets replaced.

it's actually the least-recently summoned one
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
"
Niburu wrote:
"
BrotherLaz wrote:

it's actually the least-recently summoned one

Yea I know what order I summoned all of my minions in too when they get to 20% life, so you're right, it's not a gamble since it's the least recently summoned.
Last edited by DatBear on Jan 7, 2012, 11:25:33 PM
Either way thats not a skillcap issue. the unsummon option would work, but unsummoning a minion is not really skill related.. and it would benefit the fluidity of the gameplay, not having the hassle of all those clicks just to replace a near dead minion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info