[2.2] Lightning CoC Dual Curse Quillrain/Voltaxic - Crazy DPS, "all" map mods, T14+/Atziri solo

Can you make skill tree for low,middle levels ? I really don't know how to spend skill points atm( lvl 26).
"
t0nsofdamage wrote:
Ah I replaced shock nova with spark since I don't have a carcass jack and I feel like the small radius isn't worth it compared to the other skills.
Yeah now that I replaced ball lightning, I'm not sure carcass jack and shock nova are BiS anymore. That being said, I happen to have a 6L carcass jack so I'm sticking with that for now

"
Tomka58 wrote:
Can you make skill tree for low,middle levels ? I really don't know how to spend skill points atm( lvl 26).
Here's something similar to what I did. Unfortunately it's not really possible to switch to CoC until after Cruel lab maybe around lvl 60. Until then, you can just use whatever leveling skill you want and only pick nodes that complement your skill. I've done the normal-maps grind enough times that it's kind of just mindless for me and it doesn't really matter what passives I take (there were times I had 10+ unused skill points this league as I was trying to figure out how I wanted to allocate them). I personally used blade vortex and switched to bladefall when it was available before making the transition. Don't forget to level your main offensive spells (arc, spark, ball lightning, or shock nova) and CoC in your offhand.

low level
Obviously grab the elemental damage nodes to start if you're going quill instead of voltaxic. Soul siphon is amazing for early leveling because the mana on kill sustains pretty much every low level skill on its own. Fangs of the Viper is good to grab for the MS alone. You can use your quest respecs on these. I skip acrobatics for early leveling because you're using a mixture of gear anyway, and a handful of armor or es can be better than the dodge. Put whatever jewel you want in the empty socket for now.

medium level
Start making the long and unrewarding journey to Eldritch Battery. You can use the 30 stat nodes on the way to help equip any gems and spec out of them later. Grab acrobatics whenever you start to feel like you're dying too quickly. Once you clear normal Izaro and get Unstable Infusion, you can pick up the extra power charges at Shadow start and above Witch. Get whispers of doom if you have a reliable way of dual cursing (shocking with HoT).

level ~65 tree
Once you clear Cruel Izaro, you can switch over to CoC. Spec out of Soul Siphon and Coldhearted Calculation because you don't need mana anymore. Spec out of Fangs of the Viper if you're going Quill Rain. Grab Vaal Pact, the jewel socket next to it, and all of the accuracy nodes to enable both Volley Fires. Work your way over to the last extra power charge.

early lategame tree
Grab up elementalist and the last few big life nodes. From here, there are a lot of ways to take the tree. You can invest the next 10 points to get smashing strikes, grab heartseeker and celestial judgement(quill)/method to madness(voltaxic) for damage, or pick up the extra jewel socket by Templar if you have a sick jewel. If you're a right side of the tree person, you can opt to work your way to King of the Hill instead. Of course, get the missed life nodes whenever you feel like you need more health.

Hope this helps!

Unrelated update: made a few minor changes to the tree and writing. You can see it in the changelog.
Last edited by RemonRaimu on Mar 28, 2016, 10:32:19 PM
Added a very high quant Courtyard video. No -damage mods (enfeeble, temp chains, -crit damage), so the boss kill is quite fast unlike the Shrine video. Probably won't be uploading any more videos until I get my hands on a nice T15.
so where exactly use those Barrage Jewels? There are no place with 50 allocated dexterity in ur tree
Enjoy each day as it's your last.
Last edited by amols on Mar 30, 2016, 10:44:23 AM
"
amols wrote:
so where exactly use those Barrage Jewels? There are no place with 50 allocated dexterity in ur tree
Both the right jewel sockets are active. The accuracy nodes (Depth Perception and Acuity) give +20 dex each.

You can see both being active here.
Nice build! I run with it and works perfectly!
Would using arc/ball lightning/spark work? This would allow a more ranged build. Of course, I'd then replace concentrated effect with lightning penetration.
"
illusaen wrote:
Would using arc/ball lightning/spark work? This would allow a more ranged build. Of course, I'd then replace concentrated effect with lightning penetration.
This absolutely works and might even be better. I'm sticking with shock nova because I have a 6L carcass jack, but I have used all of those skills to great effect.

"
Tomka58 wrote:

Glad to hear it's working well for you! Tree looks good. You can spec out of Coldhearted Calculation to get an extra point (I don't think you get as much out of it as other things on the tree). I would work towards getting the last power charge on the left of the tree and the jewel socket at the top. You can also grab Whispers of Doom going around the shorter way (cast speed instead of curse effect). The curse cast speed doesn't give you anything, but you'll have an extra skill point to work with.

As for gear, there are a few things you can improve. Cheapest would probably be to try to grab some comparable boots with life. A quiver with high crit chance + crit multi might not be too expensive, although it would be hard to get one with as much life/res as the one you have now. Rings you can try to grab similar ones with high accuracy. Finally, as always, you can swap out the tabula for any 6L for a large stat boost.
So you're doing spark without any pierce? Is that still better than ball lightning?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info