[2.2] Lightning CoC Dual Curse Quillrain/Voltaxic - Crazy DPS, "all" map mods, T14+/Atziri solo

"
RemonRaimu wrote:
Seems to get a good amount of crit and life. Here's a few changes that I made.

I grabbed up the jewel socket and life at scion start, Vaal pact, Acuity near the bottom right jewel socket to activate volley fire, and Arrow Dancing. I specc'd out of the chaos/phys damage nodes near shadow (don't seem worth it). Without Eldritch Battery, you'll have to find a different way to maintain your mana. Mana on hit jewels would work, but then you'd have to get reduced mana reserved somehow. That's why I grabbed up Charisma for 4 points. It's a smaller point investment than EB, gives increased aura effect, and would make barrage usable.

I don't grab vaal pact since I'm running Acuity gloves. Also the .4% mana leech node seems to be sustaining me alright fine right now since I'm only running wrath and hot. The chaos damage nodes at shadow give a total of 56% increased chaos damage though. That seems to be a pretty decent amount since we don't really get chaos damage elsewhere on the tree.
"
t0nsofdamage wrote:
I don't grab vaal pact since I'm running Acuity gloves. Also the .4% mana leech node seems to be sustaining me alright fine right now since I'm only running wrath and hot. The chaos damage nodes at shadow give a total of 56% increased chaos damage though. That seems to be a pretty decent amount since we don't really get chaos damage elsewhere on the tree.
Oh nice, Acuity's sound awesome. On second thought, I think the chaos damage nodes would be fine. You might want to consider getting the set above doom cast though. That'll give you 71% increased and a handful of chaos res for the same 5 points. Let me know how it works!

Unrelated: added 8-mod Shipyard with one silly death to a volatile mob to videos. Corrupted a Wasteland into a 7-mod Shrine, so recorded that as well. Added slightly modified trees for Voltaxic after playing around with the chaos nodes above vaal pact. Definitely feels like I do significantly more damage now. Tried Poacher's Mark out and really liked it. The attack speed is a great quality of life buff, and the -evasion and damage from charges is comparable to +crit and +crit damage on assassin's mark. Overall feels like a dps upgrade.
Last edited by RemonRaimu on Mar 25, 2016, 4:16:37 AM
"
RemonRaimu wrote:
Oh nice, Acuity's sound awesome. On second thought, I think the chaos damage nodes would be fine. You might want to consider getting the set above doom cast though. That'll give you 71% increased and a handful of chaos res for the same 5 points. Let me know how it works!

Unrelated: added 8-mod Shipyard with one silly death to a volatile mob to videos. Corrupted a Wasteland into a 7-mod Shrine, so recorded that as well. Added slightly modified trees for Voltaxic after playing around with the chaos nodes above vaal pact. Definitely feels like I do significantly more damage now. Tried Poacher's Mark out and really liked it. The attack speed is a great quality of life buff, and the -evasion and damage from charges is comparable to +crit and +crit damage on assassin's mark. Overall feels like a dps upgrade.

Oh wow didn't even see those nodes. Yeah those are definitely better than the shadow start.
I think the tree needs to be fixed, volleyfire doesn't proc from two of the sockets because it only goes up to 30-40 dexterity.
My mistake, I didn't see that acuity gives 20 dexterity.
Sick guide! I was wondering why is Barrage kept at level 3?
I've been playing a modified version of this build using the tree I posted earlier and it's honestly the best build I've ever played probably. The clear is insanely fast and single target is still pretty darn good (especially in closed spaces due to spark).
"
deathstone wrote:
Sick guide! I was wondering why is Barrage kept at level 3?
Barrage is level 3 because that's the lowest level where it's still 7 mana base. Since almost all of your damage is from the spells you proc, the small increase in damage is not worth the mana cost at higher levels in my opinion. ES on hit jewels go a long way, but at a certain point it will be hard to maintain.

"
t0nsofdamage wrote:
I've been playing a modified version of this build using the tree I posted earlier and it's honestly the best build I've ever played probably. The clear is insanely fast and single target is still pretty darn good (especially in closed spaces due to spark).
Glad to hear it's working well for you. Your tree looked really solid, and going Ascendant Berserker/Assassin never occured to me.
Did some testing with Spark again since my Vaal Storm Call wasn't able to one-shot or near one-shot red map bosses. I think it's superior to ball lightning for single target, and I've replaced it in my link setup.

Edit: posted a quick Gorge run with the new links (Spark/Poacher's mark) and tweaked tree
Last edited by RemonRaimu on Mar 28, 2016, 2:51:55 AM
"
RemonRaimu wrote:
Did some testing with Spark again since my Vaal Storm Call wasn't able to one-shot or near one-shot red map bosses. I think it's superior to ball lightning for single target, and I've replaced it in my link setup.

Edit: posted a quick Gorge run with the new links (Spark/Poacher's mark) and tweaked tree

Ah I replaced shock nova with spark since I don't have a carcass jack and I feel like the small radius isn't worth it compared to the other skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info