[3.4] The Mistress of Agony - Lowlife BlightDrain Ascendant / Occultist - ALL content viable!

"
WaveofShadow wrote:

Sorry about that bombardment, hopefully you knowledgeable people can help me out a little? My build should be opn to view (I think) so anything at all would be helpful.
Thanks a ton guys!

Why you missed Voidwalkers? It is cheap (1-2c) and amazing thing for gameplay.
Also, since you have Clarity at lvl 10-12, you don't need mana flasks at all. So, take it more useful and (of cause) the Sorrow of Divine.

Currently my choice is (I still have Hybrid 2,2K HP + 6500 ES):

I have closed almost all T1-T9 maps and some T10-T12. The fight with boss on the Spider Forest Map was difficult due to pure chaos damage. But all I do without any deaths.
Last edited by _SP_ on Aug 19, 2017, 6:06:29 AM
"
WaveofShadow wrote:
"
xerofite wrote:
"
WaveofShadow wrote:
Blah blah blah a bunch of stuff

blah blah blah more stuff

This post is amazing. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all my stupid questions!! <3

To follow up:

1) I remember that post and meant to take a look at it. I will now for sure.

2) I'm a little confused about Lori's Lantern. You said to hold off on going low life but isn't that the whole point of picking up this ring? It won't do a whole lot for me if I'm not ready to be going low life yet.

3) This makes a lot of sense, thank you. I've been trying to move/contagion/ED but I find mobs just catch up to me/surround me pretty quickly, especially the shield-charging guys. Hopefully my own shield charge + temporal chains will help with that. Thanks as well for the specific gear suggestions, that will go along way.

Still curious about the necessity of shield recharge time vs faster start to shield recharge. I find the shield itself charges within 1s but getting to start charging is what makes me heart jump into my throat.

(Also another question---should I not be leveling arcane surge? I think I read that somewhere in the guide but can't remember where, and now I realize that while leveling raises the amount of bonus I get, it's certainly harder to activate at levels like 17. Should I be keeping it at 11-12?)

Lori's Lantern is just a good item to get if you are low life, I say hold off on it because if you aren't lowlife yet it does nothing for you, but it's good to know that its out there because its really cheap and its really nice to have! You can try going lowlife with the solaris lorica chestpiece without shavs, you just need to upgrade your other pieces of gear first.

You can help mitigate the time it feels like your energy shield starts to recharge by getting a Sorrow of the Divine flask. This makes it so health regen affects your energy shield instead, It also gives you 40% increased damage when its active.

:)
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
Last edited by Jkurs on Aug 19, 2017, 6:54:19 AM
"
Hmm okay, maybe I'll stick with LL then. Is Eye an Acceptable trade off till I can get a prescence? 445 chaos is a bit out of budget at the moment!

Edit: Could you also add any gem skill levels as you've mentioned above to the main guide? As a noob that stuff always ends up with me having to level new gems when I go above recommended level.

Yes, its a decent tradeoff because it gives you the stun immunity you need.

Keep in mind that Presence of Chayula will be a HUGE upgrade. It gives +60 chaos resistance and about 1500 extra ES when your gear is set in stone and close to the endgame values. It's like having 2 Discipline auras which stack together.

As to the gem values, you are right, I'll add them later in the main post of the guide!
Last edited by djnat on Aug 19, 2017, 8:29:02 AM
"
djnat wrote:
"
Hmm okay, maybe I'll stick with LL then. Is Eye an Acceptable trade off till I can get a prescence? 445 chaos is a bit out of budget at the moment!

Edit: Could you also add any gem skill levels as you've mentioned above to the main guide? As a noob that stuff always ends up with me having to level new gems when I go above recommended level.

Yes, its a decent tradeoff because it gives you the stun immunity you need.

Keep in mind that Presence of Chayula will be a HUGE upgrade. It gives +60 chaos resistance and about 1500 extra ES when your gear is set in stone and close to the endgame values. It's like having 2 Discipline auras which stack together.

As to the gem values, you are right, I'll add them later in the main post of the guide!

Brilliant, thanks for the replies and keep up the good work!
Crafting Consortium - The Igloo Mirror Shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3283615
You guys are seriously the best. Thanks everyone for all you've contributed!!
I ended up refunding a bunch of skill points (damage mostly) to reach the 2x curses node and WOW what a difference Temporal Chains + Shield Charge+fortify makes!!

I really think I was underestimating the effect I thought it would have. I'm now clearing T5 maps with ease, only sacrificing 1-2k DPS (which I'm quickly gaining back) and I even did a Breach for the first time without getting insta-gibbed!

Definitely going to try to pick up Voidwalkers and a Sorrow of the Divine next if I can get all my resistances in order. GOnna work on saving up for Shavronne's and upgrading gear so I can go lowlife as well.

A couple questions again (come on let's be honest, this wouldn't be one of my posts if there wasn't haha)

1) I seem to remember there being a gameplay video of this playstyle somewhere but either I imagined it or I just can't find it. I'm just curious to make sure the way I'm doing things now is right and what speed I can expect as my gear improves. Any links (or maybe one of you guys could show me something short)?

2) I'm really curious about the benefits of Blood Magic + Haste. The Movespeed + Cast speed bonus doesn't seem particularly huge, and while I know BM + Haste activates the lowlife state, is there not a more beneficial way to do so while still remaining remotely hybrid-y (ie not going down to 95% or so life reserved)? And even if going hybrid doesn't really make sense (and I can see that it's certainly possibly or likely), is there a better gem setup than Haste that achieves this?
"
WaveofShadow wrote:
You guys are seriously the best. Thanks everyone for all you've contributed!!
I ended up refunding a bunch of skill points (damage mostly) to reach the 2x curses node and WOW what a difference Temporal Chains + Shield Charge+fortify makes!!

I really think I was underestimating the effect I thought it would have. I'm now clearing T5 maps with ease, only sacrificing 1-2k DPS (which I'm quickly gaining back) and I even did a Breach for the first time without getting insta-gibbed!

Definitely going to try to pick up Voidwalkers and a Sorrow of the Divine next if I can get all my resistances in order. GOnna work on saving up for Shavronne's and upgrading gear so I can go lowlife as well.

A couple questions again (come on let's be honest, this wouldn't be one of my posts if there wasn't haha)

1) I seem to remember there being a gameplay video of this playstyle somewhere but either I imagined it or I just can't find it. I'm just curious to make sure the way I'm doing things now is right and what speed I can expect as my gear improves. Any links (or maybe one of you guys could show me something short)?

2) I'm really curious about the benefits of Blood Magic + Haste. The Movespeed + Cast speed bonus doesn't seem particularly huge, and while I know BM + Haste activates the lowlife state, is there not a more beneficial way to do so while still remaining remotely hybrid-y (ie not going down to 95% or so life reserved)? And even if going hybrid doesn't really make sense (and I can see that it's certainly possibly or likely), is there a better gem setup than Haste that achieves this?

no problem at all! I'm glad the advice helped. :)

if im correct, i believe djnat had one up before, but it was during 2.6 and things have changed quite a bit from 2.6 to 3.0. The old build used posion stacking/double dipping and that has been eliminated by GGG. So yea, I'm sure Djnat will get around to uploading a good video when he/she gets the chance! Until then I do stream on twitch from time to time playing this build if you want to take a look. I'm mostly doing t8-t13 maps when I do though and I currently only have a 5link shavs. You can send me a private message on here and we can setup a time you can watch me kill some stuff if you're interested :)

I went ahead and sent you a friend request as well, so you can ask me anything you want in game :D Talk to you soon!
Jkurs on twitch, come and join the action . :)
Last edited by Jkurs on Aug 19, 2017, 6:40:48 PM
"
WaveofShadow wrote:
GOnna work on saving up for Shavronne's and upgrading gear so I can go lowlife as well.

While you farm a Shav's there is a good choice to spend 2 passives to a "Cruel Preparation" (5%+10% max Life and +5% to all res) and add 2 points to a "Written in blood" circle (4% inc Life + 5% inc ES) instead increasing a damage.
First of all i want to thank you for this guide, I've been following it as a starter build and has been satisfying in all aspects to me. I love how Contagion spread around ED, in a variety of maps u can clean far away with only one ED projectile, in general a very smooth gameplay. On other hand killing bosses never has been so safe compared to other melee builds that i've tried specially on maps that has more than one boss (i left my ascendant on level 87 and started to level up another scion but with a melee build, on maps i had the necessity to go back to ED :) )

The skilltree that i follow is very similar to yours, i picked some hibrid nodes of evasion and ED (Void Barrier) near Vaal pact instead of Ballistic mastery, also some changes on auras bc i haven't taken all the reserved mana nodes. In this moment i have around of ~7800 ES with ~500 life no reserved. As u notice with this i'm playing LL but i dont have Shavs yet, instead i'm using on chest an 5l Atziri's splendour garb ( >500 ES) and the Coruscating Elixir. At the start i was a bit afraid to die easily with this setup but has been amaizing, u only need to keep an eye on the mob that usually can do chaos damage (spiders, snakes, some bosses and nemesis mods, etc.), is a risky choice but isn't easy to get a 6l shavs.

Currently at level 88

"
hicnon wrote:
...is a risky choice but isn't easy to get a 6l shavs.

Keep in mind that even a 5L Shavs is good to start. You can remove Coruscating Elixir and reserve all your life without any problem.
what ascendancy points do you pick from uber lab? str and int and passive point from the templars branch?

nvm im stupid
Last edited by matesasd on Aug 20, 2017, 8:58:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info