[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
AnnieTheEagle wrote:
The Scion version is really bad. Can barely do any of the guardians deathless and they are extremely sketchy, even with Life Leech gem.

Oh :( Would you recommend templar instead? I am lvl 34, but if Scion is not so viable for guardians, I would consider reroll.
"
lakyljuk wrote:
"
AnnieTheEagle wrote:
The Scion version is really bad. Can barely do any of the guardians deathless and they are extremely sketchy, even with Life Leech gem.

Oh :( Would you recommend templar instead? I am lvl 34, but if Scion is not so viable for guardians, I would consider reroll.

It's tanky in maps, but for T16 map bosses (what I made this char for, for the ones my King of the Forest has problems with -- poison immune), it sucks. Yeah I'm already looking for another build. This one is crap

Why do you think he has no videos of Scion :D, all the videos are Templar or Witch.
Last edited by AnnieTheEagle on Oct 21, 2016, 5:57:43 AM
Did u try Herectic's Veil?
"
lakyljuk wrote:
Hi, I am about to switch to CI, searching for jewels, you recommend at this point put 4 jewels - Fertile mind 2x, Brute Force, Izaro Turmoil. Since This guide is for Scion I guess Brute Force has no use, since there is no STR nodes alocated. Witch has bunch of STR nodes alocated, so this jewel has sense. Same with Fertile Mind, only spot for this is next to Vaal Pact, where is a lot dex nodes, but where to put other ones? Izaro Turmoil I guess is whatever slot. Thanks for advice.

By the time you switch to CI (lv 33) you aren't supposed to use any jewels yet. You put the first 4 in shortly after. The jewel placement map is in the Gear-Jewels section.

Brute Force is used in the socket below the start, however the Str nodes for it are allocated much later, so you can use any useful jewel in that socket until you start moving to Unwavering Stance.

"
AnnieTheEagle wrote:

Which version have you played that worked better for you: Witch or Templar? What is different about those fights when you try them as Scion?

"
AnnieTheEagle wrote:
It's tanky in maps, but for T16 map bosses (what I made this char for, for the ones my King of the Forest has problems with -- poison immune), it sucks. Yeah I'm already looking for another build. This one is crap

Why do you think he has no videos of Scion :D, all the videos are Templar or Witch.

I have no recent videos for the Scion because I chose the Witch to do the Shaper in Standard and haven't played in Standard after beating the Shaper. I'm playing the Templar in the Essence league. But the Scion is not really different. A friend of mine playing this build is farming T16 and the Shaper with the Scion just fine.

Also, my Scion is lv 99 now and a lot more powerful than an average player can expect to be in a new league. Making videos of her roflstomping things would be just showing off. I plan to take her to lv 100 and then make a video for the ultimate power of this build. Lv 92 new league videos are much more relevant for those considering the build. And the difference between the 3 classes is very small when it comes to T16/Shaper.

Are you saying that you haven't done T16 with any of the versions and the build in general doesn't work for you?

"
lakyljuk wrote:

I don't see why the Scion would not be viable for T16. However, my Scion is in Standard with very good gear, maybe I'm missing something. Let's see what @AnnieTheEagle says. Judging by his tone, he just failed to adapt to this build and neither version would work for him. It happens.

"
tiago_c wrote:
Did u try Herectic's Veil?

See Q&A.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 21, 2016, 7:45:57 PM
All 3 variations should be able to do it as long as gear is up to par I would think. Scion did hall of grandmasters and that can be pretty annoying. I hope so, anyway because I'd rather be a scion.

Last edited by FrooostyTheBlowman on Oct 21, 2016, 7:39:08 PM
"
Another question... does vaal pact cancel out zealot's oath?

Yes, it does. ZO cannot be used with this build.
This build is amazing and I've had lots of fun, but I think my dps is too low to my level. What u think?
My Scion can easily tank anything, but I think my dps could be better...
My gear (ColdDhalia): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tiago_c/characters

Just switched so far build is great..Is orb of storms good enough to proc overload comfortabley without any links?
"
tiago_c wrote:
This build is amazing and I've had lots of fun, but I think my dps is too low to my level. What u think?
My Scion can easily tank anything, but I think my dps could be better...
Spoiler

My gear (ColdDhalia): https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/tiago_c/characters

Your characters are hidden and I can't see them. 1500 Int at lv 79 looks fine. Your actual DPS also depends on the level/quality of your gems, your current tree, Ascendancy, jewels.

"
Just switched so far build is great..Is orb of storms good enough to proc overload comfortabley without any links?

Yes. It reliably keeps EO active most of the time against a single boss, as long as you don't forget to place the Orb. Against multiple targets it procs EO almost instantly.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 23, 2016, 11:53:25 PM
Huh. How are people getting 1500 int at level 79? With a 12% Black Sun and a Perandus, I'm only at 1270 int. ES drops to 6481 from 7677 (buffed), which is why I'm still using the rare ring and helm (giving me 1155 int now.)

I could get a bit more intelligence on my boots but that's only about 25ish difference.

In T7 maps I'm feeling a bit low on dps; it's taking several seconds for blue groups to die, even with ice storm stacked.

I'm kind of wondering what to do next. Item upgrades are on the order of 1ex or more, and they are small upgrades, not worth the cost IMO.

I was thinking of spending a bunch of deafening spites on a crystal belt...

(Character is TheSleepEternal.)
-------
Well I'm up to 1270 int with my crafted crystal belt and the +30 int passive (1388 with the ring and helm, but using those costs me ~1200 ES...) So I suppose with >50 int on all of my rares I might get close to 1500. All right.

I'm assuming % increased elemental damage with weapons doesn't increase my damage. Been a melee player for too long, keep forgetting I need spell damage...
Last edited by Graiaule on Oct 24, 2016, 5:19:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info