[2.2] Tanky RT Dual-Wield Varunastra EQ Berserker | Multiple Attacks | [PHC]

"
Okanitu wrote:

Technically yes, the tooltip is lying..but to his benefit. EQ dps is initial hit only. He does more dps when you include the aftershocks. I also wonder about Stat sticks though. Could go with that sword that makes it so attacks never miss and you get 30% eXtra damage in elemental damage. Might make dropping multistrike in favor a WED a no-brainer.

I was mostly referring to the lying sheet dps in terms of his claim that a second varunastra gave him the largest dps gain.

Also, I'm pretty sure that we can safely say that multistrike should always be dropped, since it reduces the aftershock damage by a hefty margin, causing the ability as a whole to only gain a small amount of damage. (Math wise, it a lvl 20 multistrike provides about a 36% dps increase to the base hit, but our aftershock is, under normal circumstances, around 30-40% of our damage, more with the helm enchant, and we're nerfing it by 30%, so we're shaving off 9-12% of our damage, to increase the other 60-70% by 36%, so basically, worst case is it increases damage by about 9%, and best case it increases it by 16%)

For reference on how I got the 30-40% figure, this assumes 3-4 attacks per aftershock. The math is, assuming a level 20 earthquake, 1.79/(1.79+number of attacks per aftershock) to determine the percent of damage the aftershock constitutes. We don't drop below 30% until we reach 5 attacks per aftershock, which would require a swing speed of under 0.18 to achieve, given a lvl 20 less duration gem, no quality. If we have a 20/20 less duration, then it needs to be below like... 0.16. If we have a 20/20 gem, and the helm enchant, then our duration is down to .46, and you would need to have a swing speed of under .11. However, this would be a horrible idea. Ideally, if you have a 20/20 less duration, and the helm enchant, you would want your swing speed to be about .23 per second. In this situation (or any other swing value between .23 and .44), the aftershock acts as a whopping 47% of our damage.

In this situation, if your swing speed is between those values, and you equip a multistrike gem, you would actually gain only 4.9% dps. At this point, WED would actually outperform multistrike even if you only had herald of ash providing elemental damage, and for some reason wasn't using added fire.

In contrast, if we're say, running herald and added fire, we get 59% of physical as elemental. WED would increase this by 59%, giving us roughly an additional 35% of physical as elemental. This maths out to a 22% increase.

Thus, we can see that weapon elemental is always better than multistrike. Even if you don't run herald of ash, WED would still tie with multistrike. If we run hatred+herald (like I do), then the difference becomes bigger.

Another important thing to keep in mind when thinking about our dps is that the aftershock seems to cover a larger area than the initial hit, making the damage of the aftershock even more important, further emphasizing the importance of raw damage increases, and reducing the importance of attack speed.

This isn't to say attack speed is unimportant, but the ideal situation is to get it to perfectly match up with your aftershocks.
I just wanted you to know that Im running Sunder crit based dual wielding these weapons, using rats nest and facebreakers and great nods on the tree for crit I have an average crit of 38.5% which by the way with the attack speed of sunder crits a ton, shattering everything in my path. I have 35k dps at level 79 without charges/flasks or anything but hatred and ash.

my tree-
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAAGAecFLQU8BWYGIAaiCEkLYQ2NDjwR1RQgFE0UcRR1FewV9hfcGJEb-iFgJd8ppSyUNZI6UjwtQKBDMUd-SHhM_04qUEdW6FeXWHVbr14TXz9gQWFSYhdieWNwZU1nm3KpdKB07XTxdqx313rve9SCB4Nfg8yElITZhmCJcYrwkAqSfZhvn4Kfy6QZpzCuPrLctiy3PrkdvJ-9Nr6nxBXE9sVTxq7KkM9-1ljYvdl82sHcI9wy3Q3gleCf5FHlz-lG6hjsXO8O7073Mvjr_Ev-Cg==?accountName=sethbine&characterName=ScreamsofRage

I should have posted my build weeks ago but never bothered since I was working on my juggernaut sunder then mr who makes a million builds to get attention used these weapons in a build first lol, I had 2 sword week one when they cost me a couple chaos each. But anyway good guide I dont use RT since Im crit based but I run close to 90% to hit so not a big deal. I expect by 90 Ill have 50k in my ho and 5-6k hp with 13k armor.
Love how this build looks and I'm gonna give it a go! I know I need to path to RT asap, but any chance of you putting up a few leveling trees as well? Thanks!
I too would love an update with leveling trees! Looks fun though
"Alas, the one-man crusade of Torr Olgosso comes to an end. May his fervor for vengeance at being imprisoned inside of small boxes be remembered for all of time."
- Xedralya
This is not HC endgame viable trust me , and multistrike in EQ??? why? you will get oneshot in T10+ with dmg mods im sure.btw ias is shit for EQ build , since its bigger Dmg comes from aftershock , mulstistrike have no sense for me ... tooltip dps arent real at all. why you dont use enfeeble + blasphemy + hatred instead double dmg aura? since you cant run deter + hatred because your tree is focused mainly in dmg.... NotLikeThis.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info