[2.3] Elementalist ignite based Incinerate, INSANE burst dps with Scolds+VMS - way over 1M

Please let us know how the nerf affect this build on both the chao conversion and shorten during of VMS.
Also, with the new ascendency skill (+1 golem). Would you recommend CWDT + Summon Flame golem + summon chaos Golem ? and which 2 additional ascendency points would you use (I think the -reflect with +elemental dmg of the same element u taken?)

thx
Last edited by tszman_tiffany on Jun 1, 2016, 5:37:16 PM
"
Please let us know how the nerf affect this build on both the chao conversion and shorten during of VMS.
Also, with the new ascendency skill (+1 golem). Would you recommend CWDT + Summon Flame golem + summon chaos Golem ? and which 2 additional ascendency points would you use (I think the -reflect with +elemental dmg of the same element u taken?)

Hi, I'm definitely going to try the build after 2.3 patch and will post results.

Chaos conversion nerf is annoying only because it will affect leech with Hungry Abyss jewel. It is basically 40% nerf, but u will still leech more than without the jewel - it will still be worth to use it.

That being said, I'm calculating with the fact that you have legacy Consuming Dark and Infernal Mantle. You should have 60% chaos conversion after patch.

Reflect shouldn't be an issue, I was running only with Consuming Dark for a long time and I could do reflect with -max resits with no issues. 60% conversion should still be ok. Maybe even lower conversion with non legacy Consuming Dark especially with 50% reduced reflect damage from Paragon of Calamity.

Lower conversion than 100% has its upside tho. You can ignite even without Arcane Conflux. This is very useful for single target bosses where you can't get Conflux. It gives a lot of additional damage.

VMS nerf is big indeed, but well deserved. Even tho I don't like VMS being nerfed it doesn't chande the fact that it was op as f***. I killed every single boss which does not have phases in like 2 seconds or less. I pretty much don't care about duration nerf since bosses will die in few seconds anyway even in full party, 5 seconds will be more than enough even with 50% nerf to damage.

Duration nerf is huge for builds which use VMS to clear whole map. I use it only to nuke bosses.

+1 golem is going to awesome. I'm running Lightning Golem since it was introduced because faster casting is best offensive stat for this build. With +1 I am going to use Flame Golem. Definitely not Chaos because of Chaos Conversion nerf which will devaluate any chaos damage increases.

+1 golem is also great because it is additional meat shield.
Updated almost all sections with changes I made since last update. Damage and Gear sections still need some work. Added section with explanation of how 2.3 changes affected this build.
Last edited by Diphal on Jun 6, 2016, 10:02:31 AM
Good work ! Looking forward to see how the extra ascendancy pts will help. Which node do you think you will take with the 2 extra pts?

"
Good work ! Looking forward to see how the extra ascendancy pts will help. Which node do you think you will take with the 2 extra pts?

It's hard to tell. I don't like how you don't have control over benefits from both Paragon of Calamity and Pendulum of Destruction. Tho I think I like Paragon of Calamity more.

But I like increased damage + cast speed more than increased ele damage + all ele resists. I was even considering I could pick both minor skills for more controlled benefits.

Thing is I've ran like 40 maps already and I haven't seen a single trial yet - probably not going to pick anything :D
Last edited by Diphal on Jun 6, 2016, 4:41:28 PM
Updated DPS section.
Hi Diphal,

I see u changed the aura from using arctic armor to empower. This will hv more DPS and ES. But how is the defense changed against fire, physical atk and overall defense compared to b4?

Thx
"
I see u changed the aura from using arctic armor to empower. This will hv more DPS and ES. But how is the defense changed against fire, physical atk and overall defense compared to b4?

I made this change after I did hit lvl 100 because I dont mind dying ocsionaly and because I apply chill with Arcane Conflux even before I take a hit.

Losing Arctic Armour is not that severe compared to increased spell dmg taken from being on low mana with Infernal Mantle.

If you want to be as tanky as possible, I would recommend dropping Anger and using Arctir Armor instead. I belive you should still be able to keep mana above 35%. I|m not sure about this tho.
If i want to a bit more tankier (with balanced DPS), which one would be better

1) dropping anger with inferna,l mantel like you said or
2) just dont use Infernal mantle while keeping all 3 auras?

thx
"
If i want to a bit more tankier (with balanced DPS), which one would be better

1) dropping anger with inferna,l mantel like you said or
2) just dont use Infernal mantle while keeping all 3 auras?

Imho tankier would be not using Infernal Mantle and having 3 auras instead (Arctic Armour). On top of that you can get more ES and resists with rare chest.
Last edited by Diphal on Jun 13, 2016, 3:03:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info