GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Curious what our options are for stun. Is it basically just run a chayulas (and leave my biscos alone in my cold stash ;.;). I haven't had much problem with stuns until just this last play session as I started trying t13-15 maps. It wasn't a super big deal, just a minor annoyance that caused some close calls. But then I went into a Core (I suspect a twinned core but it was first time ever going in there) and the boss shitting and his adds shitting out projectiles like a bullet hell would keep me stun locked 100-0 if I even got hit once. And as you know he is always respawning his adds so I had to play the "Disregard wither, disregard blight, hit an ED run out and run from the teleporting adds until ED runs"

I did not complete that Core.

Hence why I am asking for stun options.
Hey there,

thanks for the guide! It's a fun build and I'm enjoying it.

Im curious what to upgrade next? I'm leveling an empower right now and I'm looking forward to echange the pierce in my 6-link.

Single target seems still a little low ... perhaps Wither Totem for Gloves is still better? Is a Essence of Delirium Spell damage Dagger better than Breath of Council?

Greetings
Juk

Hey
Can i farm shaper and u atziri with this build? =с
Last edited by DeHopeGG on Aug 20, 2017, 12:42:00 PM
Replaced Rathpit's globe with this since it had about 35% more spell damage and roughly 200 more health, 20% more lightning resist + some intelligence for bonus mana points. I could probably roll cast speed into more resists.

Is Rathpit's mandatory for this build? How important, and game changing, is that 13% spell block?

"
DeHopeGG wrote:
Hey
Can i farm shaper and u atziri with this build? =с

ED builds aren't fastest shaper/uber atziri farmers, but yes, you can clear everything without spending sh*tload exalteds on gear.
Last edited by TheFashionable on Aug 20, 2017, 2:27:47 PM
Thank you for making this build! This was my 2nd character who hit endgame and my first one who could easily do the content :)
I've finished all maps up to T15 except for a few uniques and am gonna take down the Guardians and Shaper once I level up again. Only map I've struggled with was The Hall of Grandmasters, as some of the Exiles in there are Chaos immune.

Spoiler

First time playing with Bisco's Leash and damn, that is a fun item. Rampage is a cool mechanic and goes along really well with the playstyle
Hello.

I'm planning on rolling either a bligt or an essence drain/cont character. I made a quick skill tree for myself and I was wondering how it compares to your build, can you or anyone else please check it out? https://pastebin.com/FyN5Hv5x My idea was to go eldrich battery for a bigger mana pool which I can then reserve with double blasphemy+clarity. Am I looking at way less damage than your tree? Sorry, I'm not the best when it comes to this. I'd be using similar gear but probably a different chest piece. Ty in advance!
Has anyone tried taking this to a low life build? I see a lot of ED builds out there that are MoM, CI, or LL or a progression of all 3. Most are abandoned.
Thank you for answering my previous questions about my gear.

I am just a little confused and re read the guide as well in terms of the Alleopohay gloves. Below is my current gear with links. In the guide it says, "- Faster Casting, Arcane Surge, Increased Area of Effect, Contagion => On Allelopathy Gloves can help single target boss fights a bit!"

I dont really understand where this helps with dps (sorry this is my first season played, only about 70 hours). As I understand my boss dps rotation, its generally use my wither totem, keep up my contagion and use essence drain as my main dps...

Where does the Blight come into play in terms of the rotation? (probably a stupid question but just very confused.)

Also in my other post you added that I should try and pick up Whisper of doom which is like 6 links away, eventually I could get it, but should I replace something now for it?

Thank you for all the help!

Blight helps single target "a bit" ? What? It does like 5x the dmg of Essence Drain :D

My current gear

Usual rotation is 2x contagion on the run to boss for Arcane Surge buff
Throw Totem from distance, ED from distance, shield charge the boss, pop up flasks and channel Blight till the boss is dead. (usually 8-10 seconds)

Considering the jewel Spreading Rot - 2x25% more dmg onto hindered target with Blight, it absolutely rapes bosses. Got atlas 124/126 , even Guardians are easy with this.

I am yet to kill Shaper, but i don't see any reason why it would be hard at this point, considering some crazy T15-T16 corrupted map i did with ease.

I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Ngzpro wrote:
Thank you for answering my previous questions about my gear.

I am just a little confused and re read the guide as well in terms of the Alleopohay gloves. Below is my current gear with links. In the guide it says, "- Faster Casting, Arcane Surge, Increased Area of Effect, Contagion => On Allelopathy Gloves can help single target boss fights a bit!"

I dont really understand where this helps with dps (sorry this is my first season played, only about 70 hours). As I understand my boss dps rotation, its generally use my wither totem, keep up my contagion and use essence drain as my main dps...

Where does the Blight come into play in terms of the rotation? (probably a stupid question but just very confused.)

Also in my other post you added that I should try and pick up Whisper of doom which is like 6 links away, eventually I could get it, but should I replace something now for it?

Thank you for all the help!

Contagion doesn't benefit from Allelopathy gloves. If you decide for blight totem, make sure to place totem gem in your allelopathy gloves. Like this: Spell totem -> swift affliction -> void manipulation -> decay.

Your only rotation is contagion -> essence drain. Blight totem is placed at will, when it expires or gets destroyed. Also, make sure your arcane surge is on pair with your contagion mana cost so it could be up 100% of time.

Good luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info