GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Any thoughts on using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Yriel%27s_Fostering
Hey Ghazzy, loving the build so far. Wanted to try out something that wasn't melee for once, and it's been a blast.

What level would you recommend to keep the CWDT + IC gems at?
I ancient orb'd + vaal orb'd a +1 tabula yesterday, so i finally decided to give this build a go.

Only just started but I already regret not playing this earlier. It's a total blast so far.
Hello Ghazzy,

first of all, i have to admit, i was not sure if i like that playstyle or not (3rd season im playing now). but i have to say, im having tons of fun so far - i liked spectral throw last season but i love this one just as much if not more.

2 questions i have, if you could spare some time for this:

1) im level 77 now. gear is kinda bad (tabula rasa and biscos are the only "legit" pieces due to currency atm). is it normal that i somewhat struggle against bossed in general? its only on the damage side, surv is fine by now, and its not like i die a lot; but its normal that i just go wither t. - vaal l.tr. - contagion - ed and basically watch them tick down, right? or am i missing something?

2) i know a lot of people have asked this im sorry. but with the still a little limited market, which weapons to look for? if i had the chaos i would buy breath of the council, until then a dagger with highest possible spell damage, is this correct? i cant live without shield charge so wand not rly an option personally :)

thanks for your great guide and active helping in this thread!

greetings from austria

Cost me 1c for a near max stat one, I've seen lesser ones go for 1-2 alch. Decent dagger for the price and does the job just fine until you can find something better. Not sure how it compares to the Consuming Dark one someone talked about earlier.
Hey, level to keep cwdt, ic and vaal LT?
"
Thylin wrote:
I'm wondering how to generate Endurance Charges for Immortal Call? I'm using it atm with CWDT but it's not proccing.

It is procing, you don't need Endurance Charges for it to work, however, the duration is less due to that. The IC will last about 0.5-1 second which is all you need to avoid getting insta gibbed.

"
Mxysptlk wrote:
Any thoughts on using https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Yriel%27s_Fostering

Projectile Attacks, ED is a projectile spell, the DoT doesn't scale with Projectile damage either I'm afraid.

"
Hey Ghazzy, loving the build so far. Wanted to try out something that wasn't melee for once, and it's been a blast.

What level would you recommend to keep the CWDT + IC gems at?

Hey,

Cheers! <3
lvl 3 CWDT with lvl 5 IC, but it comes down to a matter of taste ultimately.

"
cybertier wrote:
I ancient orb'd + vaal orb'd a +1 tabula yesterday, so i finally decided to give this build a go.

Only just started but I already regret not playing this earlier. It's a total blast so far.

Awesome bro :)

"
viatrix_1115 wrote:
Hello Ghazzy,

first of all, i have to admit, i was not sure if i like that playstyle or not (3rd season im playing now). but i have to say, im having tons of fun so far - i liked spectral throw last season but i love this one just as much if not more.

2 questions i have, if you could spare some time for this:

1) im level 77 now. gear is kinda bad (tabula rasa and biscos are the only "legit" pieces due to currency atm). is it normal that i somewhat struggle against bossed in general? its only on the damage side, surv is fine by now, and its not like i die a lot; but its normal that i just go wither t. - vaal l.tr. - contagion - ed and basically watch them tick down, right? or am i missing something?

2) i know a lot of people have asked this im sorry. but with the still a little limited market, which weapons to look for? if i had the chaos i would buy breath of the council, until then a dagger with highest possible spell damage, is this correct? i cant live without shield charge so wand not rly an option personally :)

thanks for your great guide and active helping in this thread!

greetings from austria

Hey,

Absolutely bro, anytime.

1) That's pretty much it yeah, get a higher lvl ED, bosses got insanely buffed in HP with 3.0 so using the VLT helps tons for this.

2) There are plenty of uniques that would fit this build, I decided not to list them all as a rare spell dmg dagger can easily be bought or found till you can afford a better one for the end-game, examples are Heartbreaker Royal Skean or Divinarius. Though some people might suggest the use of Consuming Dark which only applies to fire damage since 3.0 and is a horrible choice for the build, though it does grant Poison on hit which can help with Single Target but then again you lose out on 60%+ spell damage for general map clearing as well as that damage for your original ED vs bosses as well so ultimately that's a bad choice.

"
seelroy6 wrote:

Cost me 1c for a near max stat one, I've seen lesser ones go for 1-2 alch. Decent dagger for the price and does the job just fine until you can find something better. Not sure how it compares to the Consuming Dark one someone talked about earlier.

Consuming Dark is atrocious for the build since 3.0. Your choice is very VERY solid :)

"
Pheu wrote:
Hey, level to keep cwdt, ic and vaal LT?

CWDT lvl 3, IC lvl 5, though it comes down to a matter of taste.

VLT = as high as possible

"
nilleftw wrote:
"
Weapon choices are simple, either get an Essence of Delirium crafted dagger (so you can still use shield charge) or if currency allows use the Breath of the Council. Shield wise for lower budget you can use a rare one, this goes with the rest of the gear as well.

You should really include The Consuming Dark dagger as a cheap starter weapon. Cost me 1C and boosted my DPS with an insane amount.

It only scales fire damage which means you chose to drop 60%+ spell damage for poison which only helps single target. Personally I really don't like that choice, I didn't even like the CD approach when it gave spell damage. Though, that's a personal opinion.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey ghazzy so far leveling with this char has been amazing but now I started low tier mapping and my damage seems to be on the low sde I am on a 5 link and tier 3 maps bosses take a while to kill and some blue packs take little while to kill is this normal? My gems are all level 16 and my essence drain text dps says 16k chaos damage per second. Also what would u recommend for a 6th link u don't see any other damage options besides empower I am currently using ed void manipulation efficacy cont.desttruction and swift affliction
Also what is a good mana value to be at iam currently at 1.5k mana with out any mana on gear still need to pick up like 8 mana nodes.
"
kingjamil wrote:
Hey ghazzy so far leveling with this char has been amazing but now I started low tier mapping and my damage seems to be on the low sde I am on a 5 link and tier 3 maps bosses take a while to kill and some blue packs take little while to kill is this normal? My gems are all level 16 and my essence drain text dps says 16k chaos damage per second. Also what would u recommend for a 6th link u don't see any other damage options besides empower I am currently using ed void manipulation efficacy cont.desttruction and swift affliction

Hey,

Bosses in 3.0 are abnormally stupid in terms of HP, after the first kill I am most likely skipping every boss as they are not worth it anymore. Links seems fine, the ED is a bit underlvld which affects damage A LOT. Gear? (Mainly weapon?)

Instead of Empower you can use anything that makes it smoother to play with but doesnt scale the damage sadly, examples are LMP/GMP/Pierce/fork/chain

"
kingjamil wrote:
Also what is a good mana value to be at iam currently at 1.5k mana with out any mana on gear still need to pick up like 8 mana nodes.

There are no "good" numbers, you want to follow the MoM calculator in the guide to make sure you have "enough" before you go MoM, keep in mind that you get 100% increased mana from the nodes behind MoM!

Basically you'll land on 6k Mana with a bit reserved for your auras late game :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Last edited by Ghazzy on Aug 7, 2017, 3:11:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info