GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
ilder wrote:
Feel like a n00b asking these questions (and I may very well be!), but here goes:

You use shield bash+Fortify as your main movement skill?
What's on your lclick mouse?
You find a group and cast contagion and then essence drain?

Hey,

There are no noob questions in my threads or community, I welcome any questions.

Contagion => Essence Drain is the rotation order.
Shield Charge is simply the fastest bet.[/quote]

So Shield Charge is only to move faster, and does not influence killing speed when C+ED is applied?

How are your shortkeys set up with 3.0? Essence Drain right click, Q -> contagion?

What about the rest of qwerty-keys?
I'm torn between Shadow and Witch!

Will be playing Softcore and I'd really like to get all of the Chaos Damage/DoT nodes, including the ones up near Whispers of Doom and also below Shadow start.

Is it worth dropping 5 or 6 points elsewhere to continue up the tree and grab them?

+39% Chaos Damage
+35% DoT Damage

Perhaps dropping MoM/ES nodes and some Mana/Reserved Mana nodes here and there and focus on grabbing life nodes and extra damage?
the tree seems broken, can we get an updated version?
Hey, thank you, very nice guide! I'll start with this tomorrow!

I have a couple questions (sorry I'm a rookie!):

1) in 2.6 video guide you're using Whirling Blades, but in 3.0 guide shield charge + fortify. So what to use and why?

2) a section with suggested rare gear will be very <3 (expecially weapon slot)!

Last edited by Pheu on Aug 3, 2017, 7:39:34 AM
"
mylesn wrote:
sup ghazzy. used this build in 2.6 - will use it in 3.00. cool shit pirate bro.

Yarr! Awesome to hear matey!

"
piloboxy wrote:
Really nice guide, i think will be playing this for 3.0 :)
Some quick questions:
Why aren't you using witchfire brew? I think its a really strong damage option especially with the buff in 3.0.
And is Death's Oath useful when you dont go CI anymore?

Hey,

Cheers :D
Never went CI before the 3.0 update actually. But yes, Death's Oath is the better softcore choice tbh.
Witchfirebrew is being added to the guide within 1 hour among with a small addition to the gearing section to make it clearer what can be used for low budget as well as high budget gearing.

"
ilder wrote:

So Shield Charge is only to move faster, and does not influence killing speed when C+ED is applied?

How are your shortkeys set up with 3.0? Essence Drain right click, Q -> contagion?

What about the rest of qwerty-keys?

Correct, it is only for speed & fortify :)
Keybinds depends on flavour of course :P?

Id use:
Mouse Button 5 : Shield Charge
Right Click: ED
Left Click: Move
Q: Contagion
W: VLT or Vaal Haste depending on setup
E: Spell Totem Wither
R: VLT or Vaal Haste depending on setup
T: Portal if I use any or potentially a Flame Dash for lab runs to get over obstacles.

"
Silenkurri wrote:
I'm torn between Shadow and Witch!

Will be playing Softcore and I'd really like to get all of the Chaos Damage/DoT nodes, including the ones up near Whispers of Doom and also below Shadow start.

Is it worth dropping 5 or 6 points elsewhere to continue up the tree and grab them?

+39% Chaos Damage
+35% DoT Damage

Perhaps dropping MoM/ES nodes and some Mana/Reserved Mana nodes here and there and focus on grabbing life nodes and extra damage?

Hey,

For softcore, sure, for hardcore I would not!

"
Antistes wrote:
the tree seems broken, can we get an updated version?

The tree is updated for 3.0.
PoE website currently is using the 2.6 tree. You would have to use the skilltree in an offline treeplanner or PoB or wait till Friday :)

"
Pheu wrote:
Hey, thank you, very nice guide! I'll start with this tomorrow!

I have a couple questions (sorry I'm a rookie!):

1) in 2.6 video guide you're using Whirling Blades, but in 3.0 guide shield charge + fortify. So what to use and why?

2) a section with suggested rare gear will be very <3 (expecially weapon slot)!

Hey,

Cheers :)
Never apologize for asking questions, I welcome any questions!

1) Whirling Blades got nerfed, shield charge is just faster.

2) Rare gear follows the simple stat priority written in the guide, however, within 1h I will be adding some more information to the guide regarding gearing differences between low budget & high budget of this build.

Regarding the Weapon slot, it will also be included in this section, you pretty much have 2 choices:

Either go for a rare spell damage dagger (so you can use shield charge) or a Wand in which case you have to use Flame Dash or get the Breath of the Council mace.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Added a bit more clearer information under the Gearing & stat prio tab for hardcore/softcore as well as low vs high budget gearing.
Hey Ghazzy,

couple questions as I'm finalizing my plans for 3.0

In the gearing section, you say "I would use the belt for rampage" but show no belts. Which one are you talking about? I love rampage and also think it doesn't have the recognition it should.
Also for gearing, with Breath of the Council likely being easier to get (since not part of Pale Council fight anymore), why do you say it's good but not to use shield charge with it? Too slow? I put a Decay dagger in PoB and it was only doing 4.3k dps.

I downloaded PoB last night and when I try to copy paste your link it says version error or something. I have the latest version, in 3.0 beta mode. What am I doing wrong?
Since I can't see your PoB info, how much damage are you getting for ED? With the decay nerf I'm not sure how single target damage will be. I was getting like 25k ED on a 5L with level 20 gems and at best I could get it to 53k on a 6L with empower3, vuln, wither totem and frenzy charges. I have a feeling I'm missing something.

Last one, the Tricksters ascendancy "70% increased recovery of life", this applies to everything like passive regen, ED regen and life flasks right?
Hi Ghazzy,

Thanks for the guide, looks very familiar from what I have laid out for 3.0 as a starter build.
Maybe it has been answered before, but why did you not take the 2nd curse from Whispers of Doom while you are relatively close? The extra curse is a huge defensive or offensive boost for an ED char.

Also, you still have the +1 frenzy charge. Frenzy doesn't affect the damage of ED anymore after the changes, so are you keeping it purely for the attackspeed for our movementskill?

If you drop the frenzy charge + potency of will + 1 mana cluster you can get the Whisper of Doom cluster for the +1 curse. And if you use temporal chains for the extra curse, it kind-of replaces the Potency of Will cluster.
Last edited by Arachnan on Aug 3, 2017, 9:38:46 AM
"
Namcap wrote:
Hey Ghazzy,

couple questions as I'm finalizing my plans for 3.0

In the gearing section, you say "I would use the belt for rampage" but show no belts. Which one are you talking about? I love rampage and also think it doesn't have the recognition it should.
Also for gearing, with Breath of the Council likely being easier to get (since not part of Pale Council fight anymore), why do you say it's good but not to use shield charge with it? Too slow? I put a Decay dagger in PoB and it was only doing 4.3k dps.

I downloaded PoB last night and when I try to copy paste your link it says version error or something. I have the latest version, in 3.0 beta mode. What am I doing wrong?
Since I can't see your PoB info, how much damage are you getting for ED? With the decay nerf I'm not sure how single target damage will be. I was getting like 25k ED on a 5L with level 20 gems and at best I could get it to 53k on a 6L with empower3, vuln, wither totem and frenzy charges. I have a feeling I'm missing something.

Last one, the Tricksters ascendancy "70% increased recovery of life", this applies to everything like passive regen, ED regen and life flasks right?

Hey,

"Bisco's Leash" it is stated right above that line where I state that I would strive towards being able to use the belt as rampage is extremely effective?

In the guide I wrote that if you go for a rare wep, I'd recommend a dagger (so you can use shield charge) or you could go with a Wand, which does not let you Shield Charge, in which case you'd be forced to use Flame Dash.

Or you could use the Breath of the Council (which is obtainable via the prophecy chain) and this allows you to still use Shield Charge.

The PoB pastebin needs to be imported on the top left corner as described at the top of the thread :)
You should not use the Decay support gem with this build.

You're correct on the assumption about the 70% increased recovery of life, it applies to any sort of regeneration effect.

"
Arachnan wrote:
Hi Ghazzy,

Thanks for the guide, looks very familiar from what I have laid out for 3.0 as a starter build.
Maybe it has been answered before, but why did you not take the 2nd curse from Whispers of Doom while you are relatively close? The extra curse is a huge defensive or offensive boost for an ED char.

Also, you still have the +1 frenzy charge. Frenzy doesn't affect the damage of ED anymore after the changes, so are you keeping it purely for the attackspeed for our movementskill?

If you drop the frenzy charge + potency of will + 1 mana cluster you can get the Whisper of Doom cluster for the +1 curse. And if you use temporal chains for the extra curse, it kind-of replaces the Potency of Will cluster.

Hey,

Cheers!
I chose to only run 1 as I decided to opt in for Mind Over Matter which requires a gigantic load of mana unreserved, I'm even using 3x Grand Spectrum (mana version) jewels to reach the needed mana, and even then I barely hit it with rare gear. Though, It is somewhat fine with a trickster to be slightly below the "optimal" number of mana with this type of approach.
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Hey,

"Bisco's Leash" it is stated right above that line where I state that I would strive towards being able to use the belt as rampage is extremely effective?

In the guide I wrote that if you go for a rare wep, I'd recommend a dagger (so you can use shield charge) or you could go with a Wand, which does not let you Shield Charge, in which case you'd be forced to use Flame Dash.

Or you could use the Breath of the Council (which is obtainable via the prophecy chain) and this allows you to still use Shield Charge.

The PoB pastebin needs to be imported on the top left corner as described at the top of the thread :)
You should not use the Decay support gem with this build.

You're correct on the assumption about the 70% increased recovery of life, it applies to any sort of regeneration effect.

Damn I didn't even know there was 2 bisco items... I read Bisco and thought it was the amulet... Sorry about that.

For Decay I meant the essence crafting on a dagger, not using the Decay gem. It was still doing very little damage overall but I guess I'll see tonight using your PoB what you're getting in terms of numbers.

Thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info