GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

If I were to use the devouring diadem, what sort of gem changes would I need?
why don't you take the es/evasion node near perfect agony?
Is the passive tree up to date and good?
Last edited by Vaskes_1948 on Jun 25, 2020, 9:52:05 AM
Kinda confused about what the point of essence drain is? I mean Bane kills stuff right away so they won't even be alive for essence drain to heal me. Plus why is that the 6L and not Bane? Is essence drain for single target damage for bosses or is it pointless in this build?
"
peteed1985 wrote:
Kinda confused about what the point of essence drain is? I mean Bane kills stuff right away so they won't even be alive for essence drain to heal me. Plus why is that the 6L and not Bane? Is essence drain for single target damage for bosses or is it pointless in this build?

For single target or for larger AoE if using contagion first. Wanna see a good example then open a legion monolith and hit contagion then ED, you'll have it spread and annihilate off screen.

However for levelling bane is powerful by itself as things do die too quick except bosses.
"
The_Doser wrote:
"
peteed1985 wrote:

For single target or for larger AoE if using contagion first. Wanna see a good example then open a legion monolith and hit contagion then ED, you'll have it spread and annihilate off screen.

However for levelling bane is powerful by itself as things do die too quick except bosses.

Are you meant to spam it over and over on single target and not use bane or contagion on single target or are you meant to use both or what?
I can't see much responses in the thread, so i decided to write a couple of words. First of all i want to thx Ghazzy for the cool build. Now since this is my first ED/Bane Trickster (yes i`m using Bane not Contagion) i have struggled to figgured out some things about the build:
First of all there is no such affix as: Non-ailmen chaos damage over time multiplier - it now only says Chaos damage over time multiplier as far as i understood ! This is my gear so far :

I had luck with the amulet, guess its always can be better, but i`m happy with it so far ! Also i`m currently trying to craft +2 to Level of Socketed Chaos Gems on Hunter Boots and hopefully move my Bane setup on it :)

About the single target fights(Bosses, etc.) i`m doing it like : Cast totems (for the slow on target and curse it) after that i pop my Phase run (so i have a small window to stay stationary) and cast ED then start runing around like crazy again xD

I`ll be happy if my comment helps to some1 and also some feedback about my gear from some more expirienced players with the ED/Bane build :)
Any idea if something like this would be good for this build?

Extremely well written guide! Too many guides these days are a bunch of shit stuck to the wall and a links to twitch and patreon. I love the breakdown of everything combined with simplicity. Just great. Thank you for your work!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info