GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
scrambled777 wrote:

Yeah the returns I'm getting are insane compared to just regular endgame mapping and bossing. I had 1 ex when I started like less than 2 days ago, and have 13 ex now just from pure currency drops and selling 2-3 big ticket items. Definitely happy with the results so far, especially since my build is far from optimized for speed MF clears.

Nice man, good work!

It's nuts, because in the past I had to do things things like get perma elder influence on my shaped vault during Abyss, And in Breach/Legacy I Shaped only Strand, Coves, Atoll, and Reef with only Pit of The Chimera unlocked - leaving everything that wasn't T-10 or below incomplete and farmed shaped coves/reef to even come close to the results I've had this league. In many cases they were more profitable on paper, but given how fast it is to spam Glacier and how easy it is to sustain I'd argue that it is more profitable. It's kinda funny, I built a character capable of of taking on virtually anything the game offers with relative ease, and here I am farming T2 maps for hours on end haha. The only other time it was this easy to make currency farming for me was guardian/shaper farming on XBOX 360 when the game launched there (Harbinger) map sustain was piss easy with Harb mechanics, and I was one of the first to take down Shaper on console, so it became a money maker for me. But yeah, pretty sure Glacier is gonna be my main money making strat while I work on doing other things to break up the monotony. I guess the only downside is 4million XP per hour ain't shit at level 95 haha. But I can also drop some exalts on pure breachstone runs in the event I want to hit 96. Man, that's a lot of words - GG ADHD. Suffice to say, this is the happiest I've been with POE since Breach. Straight-up.
"
scrambled777 wrote:
Just wondering what experiences people are having with using this build for glacier farming?

With my usual end-game guy, I've just been using a Bisco's Collar for MF and replacing some life nodes with AOE/damage nodes and it's been working really well so far. However, my main problem is that I am pretty much never able to insta-pop legion spawns. I get 90% of them fine with the initial cast, but there always seems to be 2-3 random pockets of mobs that somehow dodge my ED chain entirely and I have to spend the majority of the 10 second timer dashing around finding them.

My ED tooltip DPS is around 475k and I'm using level 1 contagion to avoid contagion killing mobs prematurely. I'm not sure if ED/contagion is meant to be able to insta-pop mobs like those Ice Nova builds or if I'm lacking something. I've tried to stack as much AOE as I can without gimping my other stats, but am wondering if I need to start using something like a Dying Sun.

The thing people don't realize is that ED/contagion has a set range that it can advance away from you. T2 shouldn't be difficult to pop, and it isn't.

There is adequate density and mobs are close enough together and they SHOULD pop but i realized it was because I was just too far away. Move closer to the side that you think is longer from the center and then work around the edge really fast and finish off the remaining ones.

Maybe 1/20 are poppable instantly from the center based on the layout, but it does get easier once they get released because they gravitate closer to you making a 1 shot easier.
hi is Kintsugi Exquisite Leather, a good fit for this build?
Hi guys -- I apologize for the vague question -- I am loving the build, but I'm finding myself er.. lacking in damage, as well as survivability (I randomly died in t6 maps today just.. instantly, 3 times).

The main issue is the time I have to play -- are there any obvious upgrades I'm just too blind to notice that are relatively cheap?

I think the character is public.

Edit: I've not done uber lab solely because I've not found all the trials yet, as note.

Edit 2: It should be EDSellia
Last edited by Asellia on Jul 6, 2019, 10:19:20 PM
"
"
scrambled777 wrote:
Just wondering what experiences people are having with using this build for glacier farming?

With my usual end-game guy, I've just been using a Bisco's Collar for MF and replacing some life nodes with AOE/damage nodes and it's been working really well so far. However, my main problem is that I am pretty much never able to insta-pop legion spawns. I get 90% of them fine with the initial cast, but there always seems to be 2-3 random pockets of mobs that somehow dodge my ED chain entirely and I have to spend the majority of the 10 second timer dashing around finding them.

My ED tooltip DPS is around 475k and I'm using level 1 contagion to avoid contagion killing mobs prematurely. I'm not sure if ED/contagion is meant to be able to insta-pop mobs like those Ice Nova builds or if I'm lacking something. I've tried to stack as much AOE as I can without gimping my other stats, but am wondering if I need to start using something like a Dying Sun.

The thing people don't realize is that ED/contagion has a set range that it can advance away from you. T2 shouldn't be difficult to pop, and it isn't.

There is adequate density and mobs are close enough together and they SHOULD pop but i realized it was because I was just too far away. Move closer to the side that you think is longer from the center and then work around the edge really fast and finish off the remaining ones.

Maybe 1/20 are poppable instantly from the center based on the layout, but it does get easier once they get released because they gravitate closer to you making a 1 shot easier.

The other thing is you still have to check both ends for generals anyway. I usually move toward one side before they spawn to quickly check for a general there and then run to the opposite side to finish off anything that didn't pop.
"
Asellia wrote:
Hi guys -- I apologize for the vague question -- I am loving the build, but I'm finding myself er.. lacking in damage, as well as survivability (I randomly died in t6 maps today just.. instantly, 3 times).

The main issue is the time I have to play -- are there any obvious upgrades I'm just too blind to notice that are relatively cheap?

I think the character is public.

Edit: I've not done uber lab solely because I've not found all the trials yet, as note.

Edit 2: It should be EDSellia

I also uses Acrobat/Phase Acrobat and by far the most dangerous map mod is Your Dodge Chance is Unlucky, is like losing half your dodge and spell dodge. I stopped running unid t14+ maps because of this mod.
i got a Markarev Bow with right socket color in like 5 tries but still cannot get it to 6 link after like 3k fusings.

I hate linking shit.
"
scrambled777 wrote:

You need to chase after your ED/Contagion since it will "fizzle" if they are too far from your character. It's pretty hard to instant pop regardless since Monolith is in the center of the spawns; if you can start from an edge you would be able to chase after it and pop the entire map
"
smit9352 wrote:
You can get a good multi-modded bow for less than 6.5ex I got mine for 4ex, I just had to keep looking.

Multicrafting cost 2EX and +2 to support gems cost 2 EX. So yes, you got it extremely cheap; the seller is probably desperate to make some currency to fuel another spec, considering he's actually selling it at a loss, based on how much he spent to get his +1 gem bow base.
Si I am playing this build in Hardcore. Im up too act 9 (Lvl 67) pretty easily but my gear isnt great. Lol. Im still using 2 Lifesprig....lol.

So my question is what should I target first? I plan on using Atziri's Splendor for my Body Armor but no idea what I should target for the rest of my gear.

Any help is appreciated.

Character Name is Dripping_Poisons

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info