GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hey man!

Seems like a great build, this will be my go to in the flashback event!

Also, how do you think this build would perform in SSF?

Thanks a lot!
Best of luck my dude.
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
Zukoi wrote:
How should I adapt this build to use Indigon? I bought a cheap one for 50c and I don't think I am getting the most out of it. My tooltip ED dps is 50k. At most I can reach 75k dps before my mana can't keep up. I think I need to somehow increase my mana pool and mana regen.

As you said yourself, getting high mana pool with better regen is in general the way you'd want to scale the build if you purchase the Indigon helmet. Anything from gear to skilltree can be adapted for it.

I didn't like how spongey I was with Indigon since I was giving up my rare helmet with life + res. I sold it back for the same amount I bought it for. So far, blight + spreading rot + essence drain is good enough dps for the bosses I kill. Empower lvl 3 + +1 lvl Tabula cranked up my damage to the next level too. I did uber lab the other day and I was obliterating Izaro. Although I frequently died getting to him because I was being lazy.
Thanks so much for this amazing build. I am loving it, clearing content faster and easier than ever before and on a much lower budget. Just so much fun to play. You video is amazing and love the stream.

Thanks so much!
Going to be trying this for FLashback, really excited!

Quick question as a new player though - what map mods can this not run, if any?
This is going to be my Flashback build. Between your guide updates, and Raiz's race tips and practice, I'm really looking forward to playing ED Trickster again.
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
"
aqrunnr wrote:
Going to be trying this for FLashback, really excited!

Quick question as a new player though - what map mods can this not run, if any?

Can run any mod although temporal chains is a hassle since it takes extra time to shoot Essence Drain... but when it hits it obliterates all the mobs.
I made this little guide to help people figure out when to buy certain gems. I spent way too much time looking up gems back and forth.

Name (Color)(Level)(Act) - Quest Name

For most (R) gems, you can't buy them with shadow since it's not "meant" for melee skills. You should get them Siosa at the Library Act 3 since he sells gems without class limits. You could get them with another build but that means making two characters.

Cost
4 - Wisdom
8-12 - Transmutation
18-24 - Alteration
31-34 - Chance
38 - Alchemy

Colors: B3G2 + (G/B/R)
Essence Drain (B)(12)(1) - The Siren's Cadence
Void Manipulation Support (G)(8)(1) - The Caged Brute
Controlled Destruction (B)(18)(2) - Sharp and Cruel
Swift Affliction (G)(31)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
Efficacy Support (B)(31)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
----Poison (G)(31)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
----Decay (B)(38)(4) - The Eternal Nightmare (vendor)
----Empower (R)(1) - Dropped Only

Colors: B4
Contagion (B)(4)(1) - Breaking Some Egg
Faster Casting (B)(18)(2) - Sharp and Cruel
Inc AoE (B)(38)(4) - The Eternal Nightmare
Arcane Surge (B)(1)(1) - (witch) Enemy at the Gate

Colors: R3B1
Cast When Dmg Taken Support (R)(38)(4) - The Eternal Nightmare
Immortal Call (R)(34)(6) - Fallen From Grace
Inc Duration (R)(31)(6) - Fallen From Grace
Vaal Lightning Trap (B)(12) - Vaal Gem

Colors: R2B2
Spell Totem (R)(8)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
Inc Duration (R)(31)(6) - Fallen from Grace
Wither (B)(10)(1) - The Caged Brute
Faster Casting (B)(18)(2) - Sharp and Cruel

Colors: R2G1
Shield Charge (R)(10)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
Faster Attacks (G)(18)(2) - Sharp and Cruel
Fortify (R)(31)(3) - A Fixture of Fate

Colors: B2 + (B/G)
Clarity (B)(10)(1) - The Caged Brute
Blasphemy (B)(31)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
----Enfeeble (B)(24)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
----Temporal Chains (G)(24)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
Last edited by Zukoi on May 6, 2018, 5:42:11 AM
Hey im thinking of using this build for the flashback but what weapon should i use if i cant afford breath of the council?
anyone tried dropping one of the green skill gems to use GMP instead? leveling with this build now it feels like a nice QoL inprovement, sure you'll do less damage but you'll spread ED easier without having to micromanage contagion
"
Zukoi wrote:
I made this little guide to help people figure out when to buy certain gems. I spent way too much time looking up gems back and forth.

Thanks, that's very helpful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info