GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Khroom wrote:
So does Vaal Lightning trap no longer work with Cast When Damage Taken Support? I just started playing, so I'm not sure on some interactions.

Vaal lighting trap is in the 4 link with cwdt because of the increased duration. It does not work with cwdt.
"
Khroom wrote:
So does Vaal Lightning trap no longer work with Cast When Damage Taken Support? I just started playing, so I'm not sure on some interactions.

As @Rocksteadee wrote:

It never worked! Vaal spells cannot be triggered, that's why I have it in the CWDT setup, it is meant to be cast manually vs bosses :)

"
Having trouble with single target, as expected, but otherwise the build is great. Even with budget gear I am clearing t13 maps at lvl 80. Thank you.

Questions:
1) Is it possible to do some gem swaps for single target? like Poison or smth?
2) Can this be somehow turned into an uber lab farmer? (crazy idea)

Thx.

Hey,

1) Well, if you are using Pierce then swapping that for Decay is generally better, even for map clearing since Vaal Totems or "nearby allies cannot die" rares you should be fine with Blighting them.

2) Absolutely can. For boss killing focus you have 2 options with ED/Contagion that is very solid:
a) Swap 1h/shield for a +3 Chaos Gems staff which will lower your general clear speed due to no shield charge (use Flame Dash & run instead).
b) Reroll Occultist, waste your time & currency regearing a CI version instead but it will be much stronger for boss killing than the speedy gonzales trickstaaahh

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey Ghazzy< brilliant work, this was my first attempt at proper PC builds, as I've always kinda sucked, worked amazingly for me.
Just wondering, if you have any updated recommendations for top tier gear for hight maps and such and whether you think this is still going to work in abyss?

Keep it up, peace.
Hey what's a good target for end-game health amount?
Testing this build out to see if I want to play it in the new league friday. It has nice map clear I guess but the single target seems so bad unless I am doing something wrong? I can't even kill the two t11 strand bosses with this build at 78 with recommended gear. Can you check my gear/jewels please on my character JOHHNYTEXAS and let me know if I am doing something wrong?
ign sweetumss
Last edited by newbsauce87 on Dec 3, 2017, 10:41:45 PM
Hello fellow Exiles

Firstly i'd like to thank Ghazzy for this "rough" guide i found it extremely helpful and useful towards achieving an amazing character build

i've been reading through all the comments and most are about this build taking a dump when it comes to single target dps but i can't really say the same because in my experience it works like a charm it's even perfectly explained how you can get a better single target dps in the guide

Spoiler

Arcane Surge
Each supported spell will track how much mana you spend on it, granting a buff when the total mana spent reaches a threshold. Cannot support totems, traps, or mines. <- mine is level 8 20% so when i cast contagion arcane surge will always activate granting me roughly 10k extra dps keep in mind my contagion cost 46 mana to cast hence level 8 arcan surge and do not take any extra reduced mana cost nodes on the tree aside from those already in the guide

use Allelopathy Sorcerer Gloves for blight

use your wither totem
shoot your target once with essence drain apply contagion for extra dps and use your blight it'll melt everything

so i decided to give this build a try a week ago i took it from level 1 to 91 with just a few hours of casual game play during this week i took the build from a few scraps i picked up here and there to a 60+ exa build i didn't expect it to be this good at clearing maps but when i reached the mid 60's i started maps and i mean started maps i took it directly into shaped dunes and it just unleashed havoc on everything so leveling was easy with some 200+ mil exp per hour
Last edited by ccrson on Dec 4, 2017, 12:00:15 PM
Is this build still going to be good for 3.1 Abyss league?

I just started playing last week and this build looks insanely fun! :)
Hey Ghazzy! Does the slower projectiles gem influence the DPS(DoT) or just the on-hit damage? I'm thinking about getting a 5L Cherrubim's and I need to pick a gem to drop for the added 50-80% chaos damage.
If using a dagger, is viperstrike a good swap for single target damage?
ign sweetumss
"
astrobean13 wrote:
Is this build still going to be good for 3.1 Abyss league?

I just started playing last week and this build looks insanely fun! :)

it's a bit soon to tell, they nerfed a bit wither and Mind Over matter ok but essence drain has always been a good starter build as until mid maps it doesn't require much investments

I'm thinking maybe switching to dual curse (temp chains/enfeeble) instead of MOM for next league (ssf), who knows :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info